• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
It is a matter of how far under the rug it will be swept. The footage mishap gives you a bit of a clue the direction it’s heading. It’s disgraceful and those involved need to be reprimanded going in 2021.

My latest mail is that the Brothers players cited were given 1 match suspensions. This somehow corresponded to not be permitted to sit on the bench for the Colts 1 Prelim the next day on Sunday. So all players available for the GF this weekend. What a joke, Shame on you QRU Judiciary. It is a joke and a disgrace.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
My latest mail is that the Brothers players cited were given 1 match suspensions. This somehow corresponded to not be permitted to sit on the bench for the Colts 1 Prelim the next day on Sunday. So all players available for the GF this weekend. What a joke, Shame on you QRU Judiciary. It is a joke and a disgrace.
The real issue is the lack of transparency around the judiciary the perception of bias is the reality.
if the players have come off the bench as described by many on the weekend have only gotten one week the bias is clearly at work. The precedent has been set at about 4 and if these players only got one it is an absolute disgrace. Until the findings of the judiciary are published we will not know and innuendo and rumour will feed the perception.
I will also point this out that there was a full panel of referees and referee observers there on the weekend as well as the cast of a thousand QRU people so to say nobody saw anything is poor at best.
I note all of the usual brotherS suspects on this forum have been quiet on the subject.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The real issue is the lack of transparency around the judiciary the perception of bias is the reality.
if the players have come off the bench as described by many on the weekend have only gotten one week the bias is clearly at work. The precedent has been set at about 4 and if these players only got one it is an absolute disgrace. Until the findings of the judiciary are published we will not know and innuendo and rumour will feed the perception.
I will also point this out that there was a full panel of referees and referee observers there on the weekend as well as the cast of a thousand QRU people so to say nobody saw anything is poor at best.
I note all of the usual brotherS suspects on this forum have been quiet on the subject.

or perhaps they didn't? Or do you think there is a massive conspiracy involving these 'thousand' people towards Brothers.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The real issue for this exact situation is the missing footage. I don't want to call it a conspiracy but it's pretty poor from the QPR guys to let this happen. Obviously the flipside is that usually a Colts 2 game wouldn't be filmed (at most grounds anyway) so how would this have been handled say if it happened at a club ground?

Without the footage - it doesn't matter how many spectators or refs think they saw what they saw. With an all in brawl type scenario you need to be able to identify specific players with some form of certainty to properly adjudicate their suspensions. Hence the 1 week for all the players who were residing on the bench I believe.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
The real issue for this exact situation is the missing footage. I don't want to call it a conspiracy but it's pretty poor from the QPR guys to let this happen. Obviously the flipside is that usually a Colts 2 game wouldn't be filmed (at most grounds anyway) so how would this have been handled say if it happened at a club ground?

Without the footage - it doesn't matter how many spectators or refs think they saw what they saw. With an all in brawl type scenario you need to be able to identify specific players with some form of certainty to properly adjudicate their suspensions. Hence the 1 week for all the players who were residing on the bench I believe.

Wow we have a great finals series, with really exciting and good matches.... and you guys spend 2 pages discussing something that’s really not relevant.

No wonder nobody posts on these forums!!!

Wake up watch the rugby (smell the roses’s); for crying out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.