• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

anyone game to list their predictions for this weekend?????

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Brothers v Sunnybank -- Filth by 50 plus ( sorry )
UQ v GPS - UQ by a dozen ( lots of injury and student holidays)
East v Bond - Bond by 20 ( easts haven't lived up to the hype )
Souths v Wests - Wests by 7 ( toss up really but wests wont like losses 2 in row )

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Brothers v Sunnybank -- Filth by 50 plus ( sorry ) :)
UQ v GPS - UQ by a dozen ( lots of injury and student holidays):) 14 actually
East v Bond - Bond by 20 ( easts haven't lived up to the hype ):) 17 actually
Souths v Wests - Wests by 7 ( toss up really but wests wont like losses 2 in row ) :( bloody draw
pity sportsbet didn't run a book

westydog01

Frank Row (1)
UQ did okay by the looks of it to win all four colts games given the quantity of players they had out. What's gone wrong at GPS??

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

UQ did okay by the looks of it to win all four colts games given the quantity of players they had out. What's gone wrong at GPS??
sometimes when blokes are under the pump they step up, sometimes getting a chance in a higher grade gives a fella a bit of impetus.

GPS are a Colts mystery. Penthouse or outhouse never in between.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
GPS are a Colts mystery. Penthouse or outhouse never in between.
Pretty accurate - last time they had any consistency across Colts 1 - 4 was probably the mid/late 2000s, they picked up a few premierships across the grades. Since then it’s really been hit and miss.

Their reliance on talent from Marist and the so-so results and depth up there recently don’t help.

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
Pretty accurate - last time they had any consistency across Colts 1 - 4 was probably the mid/late 2000s, they picked up a few premierships across the grades. Since then it’s really been hit and miss.

Their reliance on talent from Marist and the so-so results and depth up there recently don’t help.

Its a combination of factors. including reliance on Marist, changing demographics in the local area.
2020 they did a lot of recruitment then COVID hit and a few boys left to play league because they were getting paid for a win and GPS were charging $400 bucks for an 8 game season.
In 2021 they rolled out the cheque book to recruit and retain players.
It paid dividends in the short term. It doesn't look like they have followed up with the recruitment.

Note 2 boys that had played at GPS since under 6s played for UQ Colts 1 on Saturday.

The Engine Room

Sydney Middleton (9)
It's not what has gone wrong at GPS, it is more how good the UQ Colts were with many of them stepping up and playing their guts out and for each other. Too many big mouths in the GPS teams who were more intent in trying to pick fights and argue with the referees. The disrespect shown on the field and on the side line was disgraceful. Some serious cultural issues that need to be addressed by the club management. It extends beyond the colts, to lower grades as well. Just ask the GPS 4th grade coach who was marched from the sideline by the ref.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
It's not what has gone wrong at GPS, it is more how good the UQ Colts were with many of them stepping up and playing their guts out and for each other. Too many big mouths in the GPS teams who were more intent in trying to pick fights and argue with the referees. The disrespect shown on the field and on the side line was disgraceful. Some serious cultural issues that need to be addressed by the club management. It extends beyond the colts, to lower grades as well. Just ask the GPS 4th grade coach who was marched from the sideline by the ref.
Ha!

Mate do you think every player from UQ goes home at night, kisses his mum and says the Hail Mary three times? So much finger pointing at club culture on these forums. I’ve played probably 100+ games of rugby against UQ over my days in various grades and have had my fair share of blokes call me a faggot, fuckwit, try and fight me etc. and guess what… it’s no different at other clubs! Blokes on the footy field behave like that. I’m not condoning it but don’t try and say it’s a GPS thing.

‘Serious cultural issues’?

Unfortunately these GAGR forums have turned into a winge fest when it comes to club rugby. I’m not just talking about GPS either. Clubs constantly being accused of stacking teams, unsportsmanlike conduct, coaches being pricks.

I think club rugby as a whole does far more good than it does bad. There’s a reason our QPR clubs have hundreds of blokes running around for them each week. Lay off the hate.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yeah, GPS had plenty out too with many boys playing up and making a good account of themselves. They were all very competitive games, although I didn't see the 4ths. But then, who cares? Isn't it just good to see the boys having a crack after school? Too many boys give it away. I played with plenty of lads at school who did the same but could have been very good grade players. Always felt they missed out on so much, the camaraderie, friendships and experiences club rugby offers. It's when rugby becomes the most fun. So yeah, good on those boys who may not have been school stars but are turning up on weekends now. They make rugby what it is.

As for behaviour and "cultural issues", well, rose coloured glasses are a powerful thing. What about the UQ colts 2 no.8 who wanted to carry on after full time? Go see an opens BRL game, any grade. Now THAT is an experience. You'll never look back again.

Don't think there's anything wrong at GPS at all. They struggled to put 3 teams out last year in colts and now have 4. Not bothered if they aren't winning everything, so long as they are trying. Call me mad in this age of professionalism, but I don't believe winning is the only thing in rugby. Though it is nice :D

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Yeah, GPS had plenty out too with many boys playing up and making a good account of themselves. They were all very competitive games, although I didn't see the 4ths. But then, who cares? Isn't it just good to see the boys having a crack after school? Too many boys give it away. I played with plenty of lads at school who did the same but could have been very good grade players. Always felt they missed out on so much, the camaraderie, friendships and experiences club rugby offers. It's when rugby becomes the most fun. So yeah, good on those boys who may not have been school stars but are turning up on weekends now. They make rugby what it is.

As for behaviour and "cultural issues", well, rose coloured glasses are a powerful thing. What about the UQ colts 2 no.8 who wanted to carry on after full time? Go see an opens BRL game, any grade. Now THAT is an experience. You'll never look back again.

Don't think there's anything wrong at GPS at all. They struggled to put 3 teams out last year in colts and now have 4. Not bothered if they aren't winning everything, so long as they are trying. Call me mad in this age of professionalism, but I don't believe winning is the only thing in rugby. Though it is nice :D
The UQ no8 in Colts 2 was way out of line.
Suffice to say that senior club members did address it with him post game and am sure he with adjust his behaviour in the future.

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
Ha!

Mate do you think every player from UQ goes home at night, kisses his mum and says the Hail Mary three times? So much finger pointing at club culture on these forums. I’ve played probably 100+ games of rugby against UQ over my days in various grades and have had my fair share of blokes call me a faggot, fuckwit, try and fight me etc. and guess what… it’s no different at other clubs! Blokes on the footy field behave like that. I’m not condoning it but don’t try and say it’s a GPS thing.

‘Serious cultural issues’?

Unfortunately these GAGR forums have turned into a winge fest when it comes to club rugby. I’m not just talking about GPS either. Clubs constantly being accused of stacking teams, unsportsmanlike conduct, coaches being pricks.

I think club rugby as a whole does far more good than it does bad. There’s a reason our QPR clubs have hundreds of blokes running around for them each week. Lay off the hate.
Wasnt a Hail Mary the pass that Horan through to Campo in the 1991 World Cup?

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)

4 premierships from 2017 - 2020 and 2nd in 2021 with the best attack in the comp is so-so?

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)

Beat Brothers today in Colts 1. Easily the biggest upset of the year.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Some results yesterday have really opened the top 4 right up. All teams bar Sunnybank are a chance to make the 4. Will be difficult for GPS and Norths (who must be filthy with themselves with that 4 lost points), however both teams look to be carrying some reasonable form into the second part of the draw. Best colts comp for years.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
OSTEAMPLAYEDWONDRAWLOSS+/-BONUS POINTSPOINTS
Brothers Colts 1
UQ Colts 1
Wests Colts 1
9414-29523
Bond University Colts 1
Easts Colts 1
Souths Colts 1
Norths Colts 1
8404-22516
GPS Colts 1
8305-73113
Sunnybank Colts 1
8008-24500

Huge game for Norths this week at home v UQ. Particularly if GPS can knock over Easts.