• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2022

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
OSTEAMPLAYEDWONDRAWLOSS+/-BONUS POINTSPOINTS
Brothers Colts 1
UQ Colts 1
Wests Colts 1
9414-29523
Bond University Colts 1
Easts Colts 1
Souths Colts 1
Norths Colts 1
8404-22516
GPS Colts 1
8305-73113
Sunnybank Colts 1
8008-24500

Huge game for Norths this week at home v UQ. Particularly if GPS can knock over Easts.
Thanks for this D’Lite Full. Agree this is a massive game for them. Interesting to see the weather forecast this weekend which isn’t flash. Tom Lynagh playing 10 for UQ I’m guessing, he could make a big difference if things are wet with his kicking game.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Well done Norths Colts 1and 2 beating Uni. I could be wrong but wouldn’t have thought that would have happened in the last 20 years. A really big few weeks coming up for both teams playing Brothers and Easts twice. If they both can get a couple of wins in these games would be a good show for the semi’s.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Well done Norths Colts 1and 2 beating Uni. I could be wrong but wouldn’t have thought that would have happened in the last 20 years. A really big few weeks coming up for both teams playing Brothers and Easts twice. If they both can get a couple of wins in these games would be a good show for the semi’s.
Great to see really and Colts1 was quite a good quality match with Norths coming back from being down to finish over the top of Uni.

Both teams showed very strong defensive efforts on the day and ball handling given the conditions was very good. Norths pack dominated for large sections but Uni defended their line for very long sections as well. Bulk of game probably played in Uni 22. Love to see Norths make the 4. How many points did they get docked for player mismanagement?

Last edited:

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
Gutsy effort from GPS yesterday to come away with the draw. Both teams with players out on 20s and 18s games, but GPS defence really held strong despite easts scoring 2 tries. We’ve missed Seb at 10 over the last few weeks he’s been a great addition. Really shaping up to be a close comp over the next few weeks.

Really happy for norths to knock uni over, it’s interesting looking at teams on paper and uni having some young rebels players in there as well, yet like wests (also with young Melbourne boys) were beaten by what seems to be a well put together Norths team. Amazingly Uni still sit 2nd, I suspect this won’t last long.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
How good is the colts 1 comp , 3rd to 8th within 8 points, 3rd,4th and 5th within 1point. Any of 5 or 6 teams could win, I really don’t think Brothers are specials by any means. Great to see Norths to have another 1 point win.
Great game by Norths and Easts today - very spirited match. Norths forwards really battled away - scrum totally dominated Easts pack. Their backs were also much more entertaining.

Easts defended very well they definitely got the pea of the whistle in their favour which helped as well.

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
GPS fired plenty of shots in the first half yesterday, but Sunnybank have a lot of grit, they’re a better side than the results show I feel, I really like their 15 who has previously played 9 and young gollings with a bit more size could be a Tom Lucas style player for them, they will continue to improve.

My easts man (who is filthy) tells me their pack got completely dominated at scrum time and Norths we’re tactically miles ahead of easts. Apparently a blow up of sorts between easts 3 and their coach when he was dragged after tough day at scrum time which hasn’t gone down well with easts hierarchy.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
GPS fired plenty of shots in the first half yesterday, but Sunnybank have a lot of grit, they’re a better side than the results show I feel, I really like their 15 who has previously played 9 and young gollings with a bit more size could be a Tom Lucas style player for them, they will continue to improve.

My easts man (who is filthy) tells me their pack got completely dominated at scrum time and Norths we’re tactically miles ahead of easts. Apparently a blow up of sorts between easts 3 and their coach when he was dragged after tough day at scrum time which hasn’t gone down well with easts hierarchy.
Easts scrum was so inept they should have gone the non contested route like the All Blacks had to do for other reasons. At one stage Easts were pinged at least 5 times on the one spot and whilst I don’t know or understand the rules of our beloved game at the moment I would have thought they deserved a yellow card. The better team won on the day - something special in watching the mulleted perennial easybeats norths get up over the silver tails from south of the river.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
The better team won on the day - something special in watching the mulleted perennial easybeats norths get up over the silver tails from south of the river.

Classic. Norths do seem to be a team of no names that appear to be very well coached with a strong team culture. Perhaps these no names will be noticed later in the year when rep teams are picked. Next week is against the silver tails from the Northside .

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Could happen - I hear Brothers have a lot of injuries and players away. Will be closer than last match.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Easts Colts have named Roiri, Craig and Annan in their team. Serious about the top 4. Things are hotting up this weekend.

9th have the bye.
6th v 4th
7th v 3rd
1st v 5th
2nd v 8th

POSTEAMPLAYEDWONDRAWLOSS+/-BONUS POINTSPOINTS
Brothers Colts 1

Brothers Colts 1
UQ Colts 1

UQ Colts 1
Bond University Colts 1

Bond University Colts 1
Easts Colts 1

Easts Colts 1
Norths Colts 1

Norths Colts 1
10604-20524
Wests Colts 1

Wests Colts 1
9414-29523
GPS Colts 1

GPS Colts 1
10415-32220
Souths Colts 1

Souths Colts 1
Sunnybank Colts 1

Sunnybank Colts 1
100010-30700

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Easts Colts have named Roiri, Craig and Annan in their team. Serious about the top 4. Things are hotting up this weekend.

9th have the bye.
6th v 4th
7th v 3rd
1st v 5th
2nd v 8th

POSTEAMPLAYEDWONDRAWLOSS+/-BONUS POINTSPOINTS
Brothers Colts 1

Brothers Colts 1
UQ Colts 1

UQ Colts 1
Bond University Colts 1

Bond University Colts 1
Easts Colts 1

Easts Colts 1
Norths Colts 1

Norths Colts 1
10604-20524
Wests Colts 1

Wests Colts 1
9414-29523
GPS Colts 1

GPS Colts 1
10415-32220
Souths Colts 1

Souths Colts 1
Sunnybank Colts 1

Sunnybank Colts 1
100010-30700
Annan at 10 will kill their backline.
Old school pommie ten man rugby on the cards I think.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
TBH I think that is his best spot. Has massive boot. just needs to work on his decision making.
Yes I’m keen for the Easts coaches to stop messing with his development. Let him settle into a spot, find a groove so qld rugby can properly evaluate.

still scratching my head how BBC boys end up at Easts (I know RVN went via the magpies)

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Yes I’m keen for the Easts coaches to stop messing with his development. Let him settle into a spot, find a groove so qld rugby can properly evaluate.

still scratching my head how BBC boys end up at Easts (I know RVN went via the magpies)
At the end of 2018 and 2019 (BBC strong years) the Easts colts program "recruited" very heavily with all sorts of promises.
There was a bunch of BBC lads that wanted to "stick together" so ended up at Easts who were happy to take the whole bunch.
Some of the other clubs recruited each player individually.