• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2022

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
The thing is .....I can't see Carsen Patu having a professional future as a 6 or 8 . I could as a 1 though.

@D"Lite Full. I understand your point about Bryant but I wouldn't call him shy. He's not in the mould of a perceived "power" 6 or 8 that in a lot of cases hide under that guise when in truth a lot of that type fire 2 or 3 shots a game and spend the rest of the game re-loading their cannon. A guy like Bryant is a skill athlete with size that runs games out . VDS , who I rate higher , is the same who also has a stack of set piece versatility . Personally, I like balancing one of these guys across the 6 or 8 spot with another guy who is more a true power player or a bit of a head kicker

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I should have said worth? Just a personal belief but many of that squad were selected from the reputation rather than proving they were better than someone else. Your comment on Hough is an example.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Unfortunately selection of the U20’s squad has had very little else to go off since 2019.

No National U19’s comp or even U18 Academy games of any consequence since then.

There’s been next to no U20 pathway development for the past two years. Pity as 2020/21 would have been strong years , but not to be …….

Monsta

Frank Row (1)
I should have said worth? Just a personal belief but many of that squad were selected from the reputation rather than proving they were better than someone else. Your comment on Hough is an example.
I think I agree and perhaps even would extend it. I have seen over the past 10 or so years selections made on reputation, size and sadly, who you know. In Colts I am seeing it pretty much every week where, with generally no skin in the game, I have focussed on observing the "reputation" players. Aside from a couple like Tim Ryan at Brothers, its reputation only.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Finals must be around the corner.
Plenty of players coming out of the injury room trying to get game time

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bond record at home not good this year. North to win.

West will scrape past fired up Sunnybanks.

UQ (2) and Brother (1) most interesting game. UQ off bye will be fresh. Most important at this time of year. Uni to win close one.

South have beaten both of them in the last 2 round so should beat East. It will be close at Bottomley. The Tiger Colt have had two 1 point loss, a draw and a 3 point win at home this season.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Wests over GPS by 7
Norths over Sunnybank by 20
UQ over Easts by 10
Souths over Bond by 5 ( in reality this could go either way- toss a coin)

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
West and GPS - season on the line. Bulldog.
UQ and East - season on the line. Draw
South and Bond - season on the line. B Shark
North (SOTL) and Sunnybank. Eagle

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So Wests vs Brothers rain makeup game is this Tuesday night.

The bulldogs would be best served fielding their strongest possible lineup. They win here - they will be in a good spot to make the top 4.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

The bulldogs would be best served fielding their strongest possible lineup. They win here - they will be in a good spot to make the top 4.

Would love Wests to get up. Means they would leapfrog Easts to be 4th on the table and make 3 teams equal second on 41 points (UQ, WESTS, BOND)

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Would love Wests to get up. Means they would leapfrog Easts to be 4th on the table and make 3 teams equal second on 41 points (UQ,WESTS, BOND

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Would love Wests to get up. Means they would leapfrog Easts to be 4th on the table and make 3 teams equal second on 41 points (UQ,WESTS, BOND
THE RUN HOME FOR EACH

Brothers -Easts, Bond, Sunnybank
UQ - Bond, Sunnybank, GPS
Bond - UQ, Brothers, Easts
Wests - BYE, Norths, Souths
Easts - Brothers, BYE, Bond

Norths - GPS, Wests, BYE (3 wins and depending on other results might sneak in)

Bond have the toughest run (3 top 5 teams) followed by Easts and Brothers (2 top 5 teams),
UQ (1 top 5 team) and
Wests (0 top 5 teams but Souths and Norths will give them a hard run)

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Where is it being played?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

hearing this is very much the intent....

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Can see the Butcher Strips will be worried about this game. Another loss will not do their confidence any good. There are a number of boys coming back from injury but I don't think they are ready just yet