• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Can see the Butcher Strips will be worried about this game. Another loss will not do their confidence any good. There are a number of boys coming back from injury but I don't think they are ready just yet
Plus it will leave 3 teams on 41 points for second place on the table.

Gonna make the last 3 rounds a very intense program for some.

Rugbynovice

Stan Wickham (3)
Wests have the bye this weekend so it makes sense. They’re on top at the moment too. 21-13 at the break.
Just went through 2nd grades team list from last week's catch up game. Zac Hough started for Wests and has started tonight for Colts....looks like someone has made a potentially critical error for the bulldogs....

Sideline Hack

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just went through 2nd grades team list from last week's catch up game. Zac Hough started for Wests and has started tonight for Colts....looks like someone has made a potentially critical error for the bulldogs....

and hopefully dispensations in place for Gordon and Vaihu - thought they had full Super rugby contracts rather than Academy contracts

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Players with full Super Rugby contracts (ie not Academy deals) aren’t meant to play lower than 1st Grade without dispensation.

heard that before. But is it a rule or a QRU directive? (which wouldn’t necessarily apply to some rebels youngsters)

Hasn’t fully contracted player Tom Lygnah kicking around in colts anyways?

Sideline Hack

Frank Nicholson (4)
heard that before. But is it a rule or a QRU directive? (which wouldn’t necessarily apply to some rebels youngsters)

In the comp rules - even extends to contracted players playing in reserve grade.

Am assuming UQ applied for dispensation for Tom.

Rugbynovice

Stan Wickham (3)
I still don’t see the issue? He would have played colts and then theoretically played reserve grade? Thus playing up not down. Which is permitted?
Colts 1 and 2nd Grade are rated at the same level in the QRU 2022 guidelines so unsure how that plays out. This is what the rules state though

"All games wherever possible, in all competitions are to be played in an ascending order. Where this is not possible NO player who has started in a higher grade is permitted to participate (i.e. start / reserve for a lower grade). In the event of games in the same round being played on different days, the selection of players must be the same as if all games in the same round were being played on the same day"

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
In the comp rules - even extends to contracted players playing in reserve grade.

Am assuming UQ applied for dispensation for Tom.
Have faith those that rule will ensure all of this is above board as they have done to Norths and GPS this year Re registrations and suspensions. To their absolute credit Brothers run their own academy and it’s surprising they are not able to match some other clubs in the latter part of the season.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Colts 1 and 2nd Grade are rated at the same level in the QRU 2022 guidelines so unsure how that plays out. This is what the rules state though

"All games wherever possible, in all competitions are to be played in an ascending order. Where this is not possible NO player who has started in a higher grade is permitted to participate (i.e. start / reserve for a lower grade). In the event of games in the same round being played on different days, the selection of players must be the same as if all games in the same round were being played on the same day"

So no issue of colts and 2nd grade are the same issue. Just a former wests now brothers person trying to stir trouble.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I personally don’t see any rule broken when the make up fixtures are not played in correct ascending order. It’s not wests fault that brothers decided to host the reserve grade game before the colts game.

I actually kicked up a stink about this the other week in the premier rugby thread how brothers player Michael Wood played premier grade game against Uni & then in a rain impacted fixture Michael Wood started same round for reserve grade. I said it’s not in the spirit of the game - but oh well… here we are.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
8.1 Players Eligible to play

Any player who is correctly and currently registered that year with a club affiliated with the QRU
/ an affiliated club of a QRU affiliate.

(I) 1st Grade specific – Subject to a written request fordispensation / QRU approval; players who have a Super Rugby / RA contract i.e. a member of the St.George Queensland Reds Squad or any other Super Rugby squad; cannot participate in any game lower than 1stGrade.

(II) Subject to a written request for dispensation / QRU approval; players who have an academy or 7’s RA / QRU contract cannot participate in any game lower than 1stGrade: or if eligible, Colts 1 (Under 20)

8.2 1st Grade and Colts 1 Participation

(I) Participation and, or competitions shall be initiated byinvitation by the QRU Board. The club must respond to the invitation in a timely manner

(II) The Club must list the coaches for those teams and their accompanying RA registration number so that their mandatory SmartRugby compliance may be assessed.

(III) All nomination fees and/or player levies must be paid inaccordance with RA’s
Registration Policy

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I personally don’t see any rule broken when the make up fixtures are not played in correct ascending order. It’s not wests fault that brothers decided to host the reserve grade game before the colts game.

I actually kicked up a stink about this the other week in the premier rugby thread how brothers player Michael Wood played premier grade game against Uni & then in a rain impacted fixture Michael Wood started same round for reserve grade. I said it’s not in the spirit of the game - but oh well… here we are.

Could solve all of this conjecture by one simple rule.

All clubs MUST name and publish ALL teams in Rugby Explorer by 9 am on the Friday before Saturday scheduled games. If a rain postponement occurs then that team is to play as named ( except for injuries / unavailability where a lower grade named player can substitute).

It will still have a few gaps / issues but would be far easier to sort out player eligibility, and would assist at finals time as well

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Would love Wests to get up. Means they would leapfrog Easts to be 4th on the table and make 3 teams equal second on 41 points (UQ,WESTS, BOND
How did wests get 5 points on the table for this win?

They now have 42 points on clear second to UQ and Bond on 41. Easts on 38.

Wests were on 37 before the game was played.

On current form, the run home predictions

Brothers -Easts, Bond, Sunnybank - Filth might only win one of these 51 points on Table
UQ - Bond, Sunnybank, GPS - Uq win 2 of these ( maybe 3) - 51 points (2 bonus point games)
Bond - UQ, Brothers, Easts Bond win 1 of these ( maybe 3) - 45 points
Wests - BYE, Norths, Souths - Wests win 2 - 50 points
Easts - Brothers, BYE, Bond - Easts win 1 ( maybe 2) - 42 points

Such a tight competition will test who can hold their nerve in the close games. Bonus points and upsets will decide who gets to play in finals.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Imagine if UQ loaded up the colts team.

Mac Grealy, Kalani Thomas, Lucas Ripley, and Lachlan Pheely are still eligible for U20.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
How did wests get 5 points on the table for this win?

They now have 42 points on clear second to UQ and Bond on 41. Easts on 38.

Wests were on 37 before the game was played.

On current form, the run home predictions

Brothers -Easts, Bond, Sunnybank - Filth might only win one of these 51 points on Table
UQ - Bond, Sunnybank, GPS - Uq win 2 of these ( maybe 3) - 51 points (2 bonus point games)
Bond - UQ, Brothers, Easts Bond win 1 of these ( maybe 3) - 45 points
Wests - BYE, Norths, Souths - Wests win 2 - 50 points
Easts - Brothers, BYE, Bond - Easts win 1 ( maybe 2) - 42 points

Such a tight competition will test who can hold their nerve in the close games. Bonus points and upsets will decide who gets to play in finals.
Assuming Wests got 5 points for 4 try win?