• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Assuming Wests got 5 points for 4 try win?
Found the bit in the competition rules that explains it all.

8.5 Competition Points
Points for a win – four (4)
Points for a draw- two (2)
Points for a bye (where applicable)- Zero (0)
Points for loss by seven points or less – One (1)
Points for scoring four (4) tries – One (1)
Points for giving forfeit – Minus 2 (-2)
Points for receiving forfeit – Five (5)

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Yes a bit different to Super Rugby.

I am tipping Norths to beat GPS,
Easts to slide past a fatigued Brothers with their kicking game,
Bond at home to bash UQ but go down in a close one,
Sunnybank to trouble Souths but Magpies to get the chocolates

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
Norths 22-12 over GPS. Really physical game from both teams, they really gave it to each other. Some really questionable refereeing decisions that probably kept the score as close as it was. I did feel for the norths tighthead who had his opposite number dangling in the air at scrum time and was penalised, the poor kid didn’t know what to say.

Norths had a bit too much class in attack, despite the drizzly conditions, not sure if they’ll make the 4, but if they do I can’t imagine too many teams would want to play them. After watching 1st grade; baker and Floyd would have come in real handy for us today, but well done to norths, they are a quality side.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Brothers became the hunted with their perfect start to the season. Probably flew under the radar given their lack of the “name” but no longer. They must beat Bond next weekend.

East Tiger certainly hope they do.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Good win by Easts on the weekend. Their 7 must be counting his lucky stars after only getting a Yellow card on the weekend. Could have been the end of his season otherwise. Brothers started with an intercept but were never allowed in the game. Easts did what all Easts teams do well - win the scrum. Brothers have two or three players back from injury and suspension this week. But the pressure is on them. Bond will be a make or break game.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Remarkably they are still 140 point ahead of the next best (UQ) on the for and against. That is ten points per game.

Pressure on Bond too. I think Brothers will have a bit too much in the back line for them.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Remarkably they are still 140 point ahead of the next best (UQ) on the for and against. That is ten points per game.

Pressure on Bond too. I think Brothers will have a bit too much in the back line for them.
from memory Brothers had a couple of early season games in the 50 to 70 to nil type win range which has given their for and against a mighty boost.

Serge Blanco

Allen Oxlade (6)
Have faith those that rule will ensure all of this is above board as they have done to Norths and GPS this year Re registrations and suspensions. To their absolute credit Brothers run their own academy and it’s surprising they are not able to match some other clubs in the latter part of the season.
Any word on the Wests, Zac Hough error and whether there will be consistent ruling for technical breaches as per the Norths e.g. earlier in the Season??

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Any word on the Wests, Zac Hough error and whether there will be consistent ruling for technical breaches as per the Norths e.g. earlier in the Season?

what was the error at Norths?

I don’t believe any rule was broken in relation to Zac Hough eligibility… the moment brothers scheduled to have the reserve grade fixture happen before Colts grade make up game makes the whole point of ascending order mute.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
what was the error at Norths?

I don’t believe any rule was broken in relation to Zac Hough eligibility… the moment brothers scheduled to have the reserve grade fixture happen before Colts grade make up game makes the whole point of ascending order mute.
Incorrect.
When I was at Wests in 2016, we had make up games with Norths across 8 weeks. One norths player played the premier grade make up match on the Tuesday at Ballymore then 8 weeks later was playing reserve grade make up game. Norths won the match but lost the competition points for the player starting in both games. The norths player even played 2nd grade the week before and after the make up game too….

The 2022 norths incident is playing a player that had 3 yellow cards that wasn’t picked up by an admin member and communicated to colts coaches I believe. Harsh as if you have a red card suspension you can be picked on rugby explorer so surely the same applies here? Either way the management team should’ve been over it I guess, but I doubt anyones managers count every players yellow cards ‍♂️

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Big game for wests this week against Norths.

norths won’t feature in the finals because of their bye week next week but they are the crown jewel team of norths and should be super competitive at home. Believe they got the win against wests back in round 1.