• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2022

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Big game for wests this week against Norths.

norths won’t feature in the finals because of their bye week next week but they are the crown jewel team of norths and should be super competitive at home. Believe they got the win against wests back in round 1.
Are Norths completely out of finals contentions? They could cause some issues if they somehow snuck in. It would be years since they made the semis in colts so they would be really rueing that 5 loss points early in the season. Great season whatever happens however they really need to build on this going into next year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Are Norths completely out of finals contentions? They could cause some issues if they somehow snuck in. It would be years since they made the semis in colts so they would be really rueing that 5 loss points early in the season. Great season whatever happens however they really need to build on this going into next year.

They are in the four at the moment but have the bye next weekend. Need Wests to get no points v South’s.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I typed this out today after checking the half time scores and for some reason didn’t send it , unlikely , but Norths still a chance ……….,,,,,,

Pity Norths have the bye next weekend, their run of form would have them finals bound and a few teams concerned.

They are up 31-0 over Wests at half time who are currently sitting in 4th on the table but will be out of the Top 4 after today unless something drastic happens in the second half.

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
What an absolute thriller at chipsy wood yesterday, GPS coming away with a 36-35 win. It’d be hard to find a better game than this yesterday, the lead changed hands several times both teams threw everything at each other it was incredible to watch, I did feel for Souths as they played some great footy.

What a final round it’s shaping up to be next week! Brothers seem to have found their mojo again absolutely putting Bond to the sword.

Great to see Norths putting Wests to the sword. My wests man tells me Norths completely ran riot again and Wests couldn’t keep up with them, apparently some of the tries they scored had to be seen to believed.

It would seem the big games next week will be:
Easts (3) v Bond (6)
Souths (7) v Wests (5)
Brothers and Uni all a lock for finals but results of these 2 could see Norths hold their 4th spot…what a season!

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Calculator will be close to clipboard next Saturday.

Many possible outcome for 3rd and 4th depending on result, margin, number of try and bonus point.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I see on rugby explorer Norths are 4th at the moment. But with one extra win over Easts shouldn't they be third?
Edit: Answered my own question.
How ladder positions are determined (for competitions with premierships) In the event of two (2) or more teams being equal on competition points for any position the higher placed team will be determined on the following basis:
(I) Number of wins during the regular season; then if notresolved:
(II) Basis of the best ratio of points scored for and against; then if not resolved:
(III) The team that has scored the greatest number of tries in competition rounds: then if not resolved:
(IV) That matter shall be determined by a toss of a coin

CreepyJoe

Allen Oxlade (6)
Incorrect.
When I was at Wests in 2016, we had make up games with Norths across 8 weeks. One norths player played the premier grade make up match on the Tuesday at Ballymore then 8 weeks later was playing reserve grade make up game. Norths won the match but lost the competition points for the player starting in both games. The norths player even played 2nd grade the week before and after the make up game too….

The 2022 norths incident is playing a player that had 3 yellow cards that wasn’t picked up by an admin member and communicated to colts coaches I believe. Harsh as if you have a red card suspension you can be picked on rugby explorer so surely the same applies here? Either way the management team should’ve been over it I guess, but I doubt anyones managers count every players yellow cards ‍♂️
it's harsh for sure. Particularly as the notice from QRU apparently did not go through to the club that the player was suspended as a result of that 3rd yellow. In the end the rule is clear that the player should miss a game, but when the system at HQ breaks down............

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I typed this out today after checking the half time scores and for some reason didn’t send it , unlikely , but Norths still a chance ……….,,,,,,

Pity Norths have the bye next weekend, their run of form would have them finals bound and a few teams concerned.

They are up 31-0 over Wests at half time who are currently sitting in 4th on the table but will be out of the Top 4 after today unless something drastic happens in the second half.
A big shame for Norths but great to see them finish so well - if they play consistently well they would have finished top2 for mine - inconsistency and an admin error were the issue but the club and their Colts cohort should should take a lot out of this season.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
I’m going to sound like a broken record however it is fantastic for the Colts comp to be so even across all teams probably for the exception of Sunnybank, however that is probably a discussion for another day why they are so weak. Not sure who will fight out the GF , to me there is no dominant team in the comp.

Really interested where Norths land next year, they have an extremely strong year coming thru from juniors that will start their colts journey next year. 4-5 Nudgee First XV starters this year, do they they do the tried and true tradition and move to the Filth or stay strong and remain at Norths , there must be a stronger attraction than normal with what Dan Ritchie has built this year.

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
If Easts beat Bond and South’s get up over Wests next week then Norths will land in the top four. Based on their game against Wests on Saturday if that transpires then i would not want to be to be the team playing them in the semi finals. They will be dangerous.

Probably a long shot for results to go that way but not out of the realms of possibility.

Notths must be spitting chips at the 5 point deduction. Otherwise they are are comfortably in the top 4.

Very close battle for the top 4 - great for the comp.

rugbyrules

Stan Wickham (3)
I’m going to sound like a broken record however it is fantastic for the Colts comp to be so even across all teams probably for the exception of Sunnybank, however that is probably a discussion for another day why they are so weak. Not sure who will fight out the GF , to me there is no dominant team in the comp.

Really interested where Norths land next year, they have an extremely strong year coming thru from juniors that will start their colts journey next year. 4-5 Nudgee First XV starters this year, do they they do the tried and true tradition and move to the Filth or stay strong and remain at Norths , there must be a stronger attraction than normal with what Dan Ritchie has built this year.
Brilliant job from Norths colts on the weekend - the Norths colts program has really been impressive last two years. Success breeds success so they will likely get more numbers and a greater percentage of the top level school players next year after what they have achieved this year.

The Norths juniors coming through hopefully helps also but unfortunately most of the good school kids stop playing club footy in years 11 & 12, so the connection to club doesn't seem as important as the quality of the colts program and Norths have certainly got a strong program now.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
If Easts beat Bond and South’s get up over Wests next week then Norths will land in the top four. Based on their game against Wests on Saturday if that transpires then i would not want to be to be the team playing them in the semi finals. They will be dangerous.

Probably a long shot for results to go that way but not out of the realms of possibility.

Notths must be spitting chips at the 5 point deduction. Otherwise they are are comfortably in the top 4.

Very close battle for the top 4 - great for the comp.
Great comp for sure.

My take on this coming weekend for Norths to squeak in. Doesn't matter who wins between Easts and Bond, as long as the loser is on equal points with Norths after the game due to Norths having more wins. Wests to get no points from their game with Souths.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

A big shame for Norths but great to see them finish so well - if they play consistently well they would have finished top2 for mine - inconsistency and an admin error were the issue but the club and their Colts cohort should should take a lot out of this season.
Hope they get all those lads back next year and use the success to build into something bigger

Monsta

Frank Row (1)
Great comp for sure.

My take on this coming weekend for Norths to squeak in. Doesn't matter who wins between Easts and Bond, as long as the loser is on equal points with Norths after the game due to Norths having more wins. Wests to get no points from their game with Souths.
Sadly OS, Wests are able to call back the 4 or so players they had up in Prems last weekend which will no doubt give them the impetus to get over the line.