• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I'm sure Brothers would have preferred to play Wests. Easts are going to be a big challenge.
Brothers will beat up Easts especially in the forwards.
If the Easts 12 is shutdown then their attack is pretty average. He was a distinct difference against Wests.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Easts will rip Brothers a new one in the forwards. They are considerably better.

Brothers, through their early success through the season, over relied on aggression and psyche, but no one really gives a fuck anymore and have figured out that despite maximum effort that they always put in they are quite average. Especially in the forwards. The only guy in their pack worth a tinkers dam is their 6, Leo McCarthy.

Easts have a significant advantage 1 to 5 and then in the main across their back row with Wilson and Stoddart probably being two of the most under rated back rowers all season. They're sort of like the King Gee man ....no worries , no fuss , just jump in and fix shit.

Then you get to halves and Farrar and Annan are much better than Varrichio and Grant. Granted, there isn't much between Grant and Annan, however, Annan has the physical advantage and the kicking game to boot to get his team around the park. Farrar is the Ace in the hole though. Big advantage over Varrichio- which also starts with a big kicking game - that with Annan, is the double whammy.

So in the first 10 match ups I only have Brothers better at the 6 spot. And that's where the game will be won and lost.

Sure Lastus has it over Kalolo at 12 and Tim Ryan and Athen Waia own the 14 and 15 spots over Easts but Homan and Godwin will blister anyone at 13 and the other wing spot to what Brothers can throw out there .

Brothers usual bullshit and bluster will sort of keep them in it but I am calling Easts by a minimum of 10

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Easts will rip Brothers a new one in the forwards. They are considerably better.

Brothers, through their early success through the season, over relied on aggression and psyche, but no one really gives a fuck anymore and have figured out that despite maximum effort that they always put in they are quite average. Especially in the forwards. The only guy in their pack worth a tinkers dam is their 6, Leo McCarthy.

Easts have a significant advantage 1 to 5 and then in the main across their back row with Wilson and Stoddart probably being two of the most under rated back rowers all season. They're sort of like the King Gee man ....no worries , no fuss , just jump in and fix shit.

Then you get to halves and Farrar and Annan are much better than Varrichio and Grant. Granted, there isn't much between Grant and Annan, however, Annan has the physical advantage and the kicking game to boot to get his team around the park. Farrar is the Ace in the hole though. Big advantage over Varrichio- which also starts with a big kicking game - that with Annan, is the double whammy.

So in the first 10 match ups I only have Brothers better at the 6 spot. And that's where the game will be won and lost.

Sure Lastus has it over Kalolo at 12 and Tim Ryan and Athen Waia own the 14 and 15 spots over Easts but Homan and Godwin will blister anyone at 13 and the other wing spot to what Brothers can throw out there .

Brothers usual bullshit and bluster will sort of keep them in it but I am calling Easts by a minimum of 10
Kalalo didnt play yesterday in either 1sts or 2nds.

From what I watched on the weekend I have brothers win by 3-5 points.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

righto punters. Time for your predications this weekend and then of course the following one in the big dance.

For me
Brothers beat Easts - very close game and will be by about 5 points. Two different styles. Easts will use their backline and Brothers will play old skool 10 man rugby.

The big dance again will be a corker. Close but UQ getting a weeks R&R will recharged to get up by 10 points.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
righto punters. Time for your predications this weekend and then of course the following one in the big dance.

For me
Brothers beat Easts - very close game and will be by about 5 points. Two different styles. Easts will use their backline and Brothers will play old skool 10 man rugby.

The big dance again will be a corker. Close but UQ getting a weeks R&R will recharged to get up by 10 points.

Easts to go all the way.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Really tough game to pick the winner. Easts have finished with a wet sail while Brothers have off a bit. Brothers had a good win against Bond and then lost by a point against Uni. I think this loss will be the catalyst for a Brothers win. The team was close to full strength and they were beaten. I think will get their minds back on the job. In saying that Easts are a bloody good side and are playing with confidence and they do know how to beat Brothers.
Brothers by 3.
The GF will come down to the bounce of the ball between Uni and Brothers. If Easts get into the final I believe they will win it.

Serge Blanco

Allen Oxlade (6)
UQ win closer than I predicted..

Still think Easts will just pip Brothers down at Bond...
Looks like I got it just right...

Uni vs Easts hard to seperate, may come down to kicking duel between Lynagh and Annan. The week off to rest niggles may just get Uni over the line...

Would have loved to see Norths have a crack at both of these teams...if they didn't have the 5 points taken of them could have been a Uni v Norths final...oh well that's footy I guess...

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
Looks like I got it just right...

Uni vs Easts hard to seperate, may come down to kicking duel between Lynagh and Annan. The week off to rest niggles may just get Uni over the line...

Would have loved to see Norths have a crack at both of these teams...if they didn't have the 5 points taken of them could have been a Uni v Norths final...oh well that's footy I guess...
I think it will be a bash-a-thon - both teams almost cancel each other out with key players and kicking will definitely play a part. They both play a very basic schoolboy style of rugby; just with bigger players.

I agree with better admin, Norths would probably be there, easily the most innovative team I saw this year, along with Souths (on their day).

Either way what an incredible competition this year has been, I'm really keen to see how this translates in the Super U19 competition in the coming months and then into next season of colts 1 and 1st grade for the various clubs. Fingers crossed we can get out of the bottom 2 next year as well.

A colts 1 team of the year would be an interesting discussion.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

So if Tate isn't wanted by Wobblies and gets to play for UQ does that mean Kalani plays Colts 1?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Bring on the weekend !!!!!!!!
After that debacle last night we could all do with some good honest passionate rugby to allowed to play.

Bring on the contests !!!!