• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

assume the colts 2 ref was just as bad?
No. Wasn’t too bad

not sour grapes btw. UQ were not good enough in either game. Too many dumb choices and played slow compared to the filth who played with some intensity relevant to the day

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Joint premiership in the Colt 1 was universally booed. Finished at 2:30pm so plenty of time to play 5 min each way golden point. Last 3 kick at goal missed by East. Well done to UQ too.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Joint premiership in the Colt 1 was universally booed. Finished at 2:30pm so plenty of time to play 5 min each way golden point. Last 3 kick at goal missed by East. Well done to UQ too.
Yes heaps of time to play extra time, that was weird for a Colts 1 game. Kicking from both 10’s at try time was ordinary although they were tough kicks. Thought they would of slotted one between them.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Can't wait to see you with a whistle in hand next year and show him how it's done
Chose to hang it up 4 years ago because of the direction the the hierarchy were dictating the games to be controlled.

It is amazing that in that time across the world post match discussions by punters and experts alike have a high percentage "refereeing topics"

Once upon a time the concept was if you didn't discuss the refereeing then it must have been a good game.

JRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Chose to hang it up 4 years ago because of the direction the the hierarchy were dictating the games to be controlled.
And instead have chosen the moral high ground of providing non specific anonymous criticism on 3rd grade community colts referees in online forums. I obviously don't know you from a bar of soap - but I find usually people who leave clubs because of "some bs" or politics probably didn't have much to offer anyway so hard to imagine you've ever been an authority on refereeing performances.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

And instead have chosen the moral high ground of providing non specific anonymous criticism on 3rd grade community colts referees in online forums. I obviously don't know you from a bar of soap - but I find usually people who leave clubs because of "some bs" or politics probably didn't have much to offer anyway so hard to imagine you've ever been an authority on refereeing performances.
wont waste my time on your input anymore.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Sam Mataafa (8), Sunnybank, Alec Robinson (6) from Wests and Lachlan Howse (7) from GPS are the best back rower in U20. I would have include George Gibson until I hear he is now Waratah academy

Would like to see high rated Keynan T from Wests play with or against these 3 to benchmark whether he is back row or lock. Jones, Bryant and Baker are all good locks. Maybe back row but the top 3 are quick but also tough with great temperaments.

The most influential back could be the Brother 12 Lastus Aukai. Or Floyd could dominate from 15 with a lot of first touches.

I think Wests, Bond, Brothers and GPS will have the teams to beat in 22.
????

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Congratulation to East and UQ on the joint premiership. After each losing one in the last 3 year, a draw is halfway better.

Didn’t think it was probable for the Tiger to pull together a team to make the 4 and after 9 round, they were on the 3 win. So did well to scrape into top 4 and GF. Over achieve if you ask me.

Very open competition all season. Feel for Brother losing 2 x semi final by 1 point.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Always like going back and seeing what the early season predictions looked like after the wash up.
Plenty more in this thread that were very close to reality and plenty that were proven way out of line.

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
Bond advertising for a Head of Colts & Head Coach. Timing would seem interesting as I imagine most clubs would be well into 2023 prep, what has happened to Brenden Jones? Are there any other changes coaching wise for 2023?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bond advertising for a Head of Colts & Head Coach. Timing would seem interesting as I imagine most clubs would be well into 2023 prep, what has happened to Brenden Jones? Are there any other changes coaching wise for 2023?

Wests have a fair chunk of TBC around it with a few options falling through / pulling out. I believe there has been a possible appointment but not sure if confirmed.