• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2024

Gheeza6711

Frank Row (1)
Anyone got any predicted team lists for any schools this year? With trial matches coming up more details are soon to be revealed.

bhim

Allen Oxlade (6)

Some highlights from the trial between TSS and Christchurch Boys
I think some tries may have been missed as TSS have the final score as 45-30 to CBHS.

TSS also beat Rosmini College 45 -35 yesterday

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Frank Nicholson (4)
Churchie lost 50-7
Incorrect, the final score was actually 40 - 7 in the 1st XV trial. Churchie were understandably rusty being there first trial game of the year and Barker looked very polished with the CAS competition starting in a few weeks I believe. The Barker scrum was very dominant and they should be given a sterner test next weekend vs Nudgee College.

OldBack

Bob McCowan (2)

Some highlights from the trial between TSS and Christchurch Boys
I think some tries may have been missed as TSS have the final score as 45-30 to CBHS.

TSS also beat Rosmini College 45 -35 yesterday
TSS reported the score as 35-35

bhim

Allen Oxlade (6)
TSS reported the score as 35-35

For which game?
This is from their website

Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 9.31.40 pm.png

My good mate is Jacob Johnsons physio and apparently he has a grade 2 mcl tear and will be lucky to see a game in the gps season this year. Huge loss for nudgee losing there number 10 option.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Nudgee are really enforcing the weight for age rule this year, the plan was to send chuck to Armidale to get his confidence up in defense with kids his own size. But the ARU ruled it out because of his age.NC putting a lot of work into him through the off season, hopefully he comes good. If JJ not fit, Carter Welfare will play 10 if not the 16 year old.
Charlie O'Connell is 5/8

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
TSS FirstXV vs Shore School 27 April trial Gold Coast.

1. Kingsley Uys
2. Blaze Moana (Cpt)
3. Jonah Rangiwai
4. Hayden Keldie Genner
5. Daniel Wells
6. Viliami Fifita
7. Clint Hoare
8. Agapetos Lote Felo
9. Tom Goldie
10. Dallas Ingram
11. Callum Dalton
12. Eli Vea
13. Kilarney Lavender
14. Jake Lane
15. Dylan Terblanche

Ridge66

Frank Row (1)
From what i’ve heard most people are speculating on players such as Fletcher Austin, Miles Sullivan, Nick Conway, Ollie Nasser, Hugo Hart, Connor Clifford and George Hales. However, a player I believe who is clearly being ignored in these conversations is Joey Grice of Gregory Terrace. A newly added Northern Territory import in Gregory Terrace‘s system this year. Coming from Peppimenart, NT this country boy has some heart. A traditional inside centre possessing it all size, speed and ball playing. However, there have been talks that GT SuperCoach Adrian Thompson has been transforming this player it to a hard hitting number 11, much like Lomu. I’m extremely excited to see what this ringer from the top end has to off in this Queensland Comp. Mark my words he’s team of the season bound.
I’ve heard he is in the team as centre. Initial wings are Sam Russel and George Josephine

Gheeza6711

Frank Row (1)
My good mate is Jacob Johnsons physio and apparently he has a grade 2 mcl tear and will be lucky to see a game in the gps season this year. Huge loss for nudgee losing there number 10 option.
when did he have the tear? Because he played against christchurch boys not long ago.

GaaG

Frank Row (1)
After scrolling through this chat for a little wild, it seems as though are few are you are caught up in what I call the 'tornado-injury oblivion effect'. To dumb it down for everyone, this term tokens the notion of being so focused on the ramifications of a tornado, that you completely forget about the tornado coming straight for your head, and as such, get ambushed. In relation to this forum, you all seem to care about this injury and that injury, when in reality, the Nudgee team is playing champagne footy with and without these injuries. A good team is a team that can circumnavigate an injury or too, and the dominance of the nudgee team in the pre season games despite a few niggles depicts this perfectly. Thank the lord none of you coach a GPS team, as you would be ambushed by any team with a few injury clouds. This is why my team hasn't lost a match in the last decade - we don't rely on our superstars, and just play good footy. #handswilldo #justholdtheball #ohwhentheblues

rugbyman123456

Frank Row (1)
Tyler Mayberry moving from 7 to hooker this year, benching 170kg. BBC certainly looking strong with Frank Howarth "the biggest 12" this season. Captain Of Boats at BBC "Conrad Scott" also joins the team this season looking to make a huge difference in the front row.

The Bull

Frank Row (1)
After scrolling through this chat for a little wild, it seems as though are few are you are caught up in what I call the 'tornado-injury oblivion effect'. To dumb it down for everyone, this term tokens the notion of being so focused on the ramifications of a tornado, that you completely forget about the tornado coming straight for your head, and as such, get ambushed. In relation to this forum, you all seem to care about this injury and that injury, when in reality, the Nudgee team is playing champagne footy with and without these injuries. A good team is a team that can circumnavigate an injury or too, and the dominance of the nudgee team in the pre season games despite a few niggles depicts this perfectly. Thank the lord none of you coach a GPS team, as you would be ambushed by any team with a few injury clouds. This is why my team hasn't lost a match in the last decade - we don't rely on our superstars, and just play good footy. #handswilldo #justholdtheball #

kingsleyuys4

Frank Row (1)
What does everyone think about the boom 16 year old Kingsley Uys? Will he be the makeshift player for TSS this season. Who can we expect to put a fight against this huge human.