• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Representative Team - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Mitchell from ACGS will be in the backrow. Averages over 50 involvments per game and is captain of a so-far winning team. Also part of NTS so will be recognised by the panel

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Some have Browning as a 7. Whilst it would be good for him not to have to play in the 2nd row again in rep footie surely not as a 7. He will be an 8 as a senior player IMO as he has the attributes and no doubt, will have the size. 6 as 2nd best, but not a 7.

Is he playing again now?

P

parky

1. Paraka- TSS GPS2 Kaituu NC
2. Ngauama- IGS GPS2 Clay (ACGS)
4. Mitchell (ACGS)
5. Tasi-IGS
6. Browning (c)- BSHS
7. Satui- NC
8. Aumua (BGS)
9. Fairnington- TSS GPS2 Gale NC
10. Brittain NC GPS2 Davies- BGS
11. vakuata IGS
12. Laud- BGS
13. Feauai-Sautia- BSHS
14. Ioane- ACGS
15. Hunt- NC GPS2 Bowen- IGS

Players picked on current form, and I havent watched every position yet, but I reckon the top 5 schools thus far will each get 2-3 players in GPS1, which is about right, given the closeness of some of the games.

R

rockfish

1. Paraka- TSS GPS2 Kaituu NC
2. Ngauama- IGS GPS2 Clay (ACGS)
4. Mitchell (ACGS)
5. Tasi-IGS
6. Browning (c)- BSHS
7. Satui- NC
8. Aumua (BGS)
9. Fairnington- TSS GPS2 Gale NC
10. Brittain NC GPS2 Davies- BGS
11. vakuata IGS
12. Laud- BGS
13. Feauai-Sautia- BSHS
14. Ioane- ACGS
15. Hunt- NC GPS2 Bowen- IGS

Players picked on current form, and I havent watched every position yet, but I reckon the top 5 schools thus far will each get 2-3 players in GPS1, which is about right, given the closeness of some of the games.

Mitchell from ACGS and Tasi from IGS are both backrowers. Vakauta from IGS plays in the centres and has been in good form, can also play on the wing. I also think Denzel King (IGS 9) should be in the mix as well.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Some have Browning as a 7. Whilst it would be good for him not to have to play in the 2nd row again in rep footie surely not as a 7. He will be an 8 as a senior player IMO as he has the attributes and no doubt, will have the size. 6 as 2nd best, but not a 7.

Is he playing again now?

Was listed at 6 in the program from Saturdays game that I was shown on Saturday night.

R

rockfish

Is he playing again now?

He played at 8 against IGS. He was solid, but looked short of a gallop as you'd expect coming back from injury.

M

MessyDubbs

1. Paraka- TSS
2. Ngauama- IGS
4. Fattall- TSS
5. Mitchell-ACGS
6. Browning (c)- BSHS
7. Satui- NC
8. Aumua-BGS
10. Davies- BGS
11. Hunt- NC
12. Laud- BGS
13. Feauai-Sautia- BSHS
14. Ioane- ACGS
15. Bowen- IGS

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
1. Paraka- TSS
2. Ngauama- IGS
4. Fattall- TSS
5. Mitchell-ACGS
6. Browning (c)- BSHS
7. Satui- NC
8. Aumua-BGS
10. Davies- BGS
11. Hunt- NC
12. Laud- BGS
13. Feauai-Sautia- BSHS
14. Ioane- ACGS
15. Bowen- IGS

I think 9 is very much up for grabs. TSS, State High, IGS, Nudgee and Churchie all have very capable scrum halves. 3 is abit open as well as there are no standouts. And i wouldnt be suprised if some of the players mentioned above aren't selected. Form is important and some of these boys are being outplayed.

M

MessyDubbs

I know the BGS boys on that list a in very good form at the moment. Also I wouldnt disregard Sam Greene who has the best kicking game in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.