• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Representative Team - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
GPS 1:
1. Paraka- TSS
2. Ngauama- IGS
4. Fattall- TSS
6. Browning (c)- BSHS
7. Satui- NC
8. Auma- BGS
9. Eason- ACGS
10. Davies- BGS
11. Hunt- NC
12. Laud- BGS
13. Feauai-Sautia- BSHS
14. Ioane- ACGS
15. Bowen- IGS

16. Wakely- TSS
17. Clay- ACGS
18. Mitchell- ACGS
19. Vasillades- TSS
20. Meehan -BSHS
21. GT #12
22. Tuttle- NC
23. Polau- ACGS

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
These teams never really turn out how anyone picks them.

GT 12 is ben birgin I think. He's an openside flanker playing centre, good utility for the bench, but I cant see him making anything higher than GPS 3 the way terrace have been playing lately....

D

Doc

These teams never really turn out how anyone picks them.

The selection process is usually fairly simple. Especially with GPS 1. It is no where near as corrupt as most would have you believe, but team form certainly comes into play, simply as coaches only really see each team once. Some coaches are excellent and provide an honest assessment of their own troops, while others will push anyone (even 2nds players). The coaching changes at some schools might make for interesting selection discussions.

B

brandonk

Ben Meehan (bshs) played QLD 1 last year? surely favourite for 9.

Reactions: Doc

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ben Meehan (bshs) played QLD 1 last year? surely favourite for 9.

Yes and Eason played Queensland u15 and is NTS.. very consistent and in good form. plus he has a strong kicking game. has scored 3/4 of churchie's overall points. Can play both 9 and 10 as he showed against nudgee and TSS

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Swan is playing 2nds at BSHS by choice with minimal involvement wanting just to play with mates. Suspect we won't be seeing him this year.

This weekend for BSHS Browning is playing at 6 with Swan at 7.
Maybe he got pressure from his other mates to play 1sts.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Yes and Eason played Queensland u15 and is NTS.. very consistent and in good form. plus he has a strong kicking game. has scored 3/4 of churchie's overall points. Can play both 9 and 10 as he showed against nudgee and TSS

I'd be going for Meehan seeing as he's got form and experience. Eason could be very handy on the bench though, with extra utility value that is so valuable in a reserve halfback.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This weekend for BSHS Browning is playing at 6 with Swan at 7.
Maybe he got pressure from his other mates to play 1sts.

swan wont make GPS 1. selectors dont look fondly on those who rather play with mates then take it seriously. Should have taken his chance and played against nudgee last weekend, State High wont be recommending him if hes pick and choosing when he wants to play 1st 15.

And yeah you're right about Meehan getting chosen for run on. Experience will put Eason as the favourite for selection next year. Either or wont make too much of a difference, both quality players

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
ill believe all that when i see it abcde. meantime he's going to be overlooked, state highs form has not warranted selections of 6,7,9,13. so until he shows form as good as last year, we can say he certainly wont be selected over the likes of satui, aumoa, mitchell,browning, bergin.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
with all this said, my predictions for the 3 gps teams are as follows:

team 1:

1. paraka (tss)
2. ngauamo (igs)
3. young (acgs)
4. browning (bshs)
5. mcmahon (nc)
6. mitchell (acgs)
7. satui (nc)
8. aumua (bgs)
9. meehan (bshs)
10. brittain (nc)
11. ioane (acgs)
12. gordon (igs)
13. f'sautia (bshs)
14. bowen (igs)
15. hunt (nc)

team 2:

1. young (acgs)
2. (tss)
3. (tss)
4. fattal (tss)
5. sharpe (bshs)
6. birgin (gt)
7. tasi (igs)
8. maile (bshs)
9. king (igs)
10. eason (acgs)
11. kallell (bbc)
12. laud (bgs)
13. palau (acgs)
14. (bbc)
15. everson (bshs)

Close. GPS 1 will have Grant Davies at 10 over Brittain. Davies was Australian Schoolboys last year. You put Young in both teams, but i think #2 for GPS 2 will be Clay from ACGS. With this said Brittain will be #10 for GPS 2, and Eason will be used as utility for GPS 1. Laud was QLD last year and will get inside centre over gordon for GPS 1. Fattal will also be GPS 1 at #5, he played Queensland last year and is heavy favourite.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
Birgan, Ayala and Crookes from Terrace deserve a mention in the 1 side, if not the 2's. Just a shame that they probably won't get their due reward because they're playing in a poor team (especially with Birgan playing at inside centre rather than flanker, where he would be arguably the best flanker in the competition). Also Hanley, but like the other 3, his stocks diminish through the teams performance

G

GPS.Rugby

I think you guys are missing that Joseph Swann (BSHS) played Australia A last year? you might want to rethink your teams.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
I'd be going for Meehan seeing as he's got form and experience. Eason could be very handy on the bench though, with extra utility value that is so valuable in a reserve halfback.

Meehan has been the only real go forward option for BSHS this year - put him with some classy forwards and he will shine

Status
Not open for further replies.