• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hatman

For GT 6 in total. Hooker, Flanker, Second Row, 5/8, Out Centre, Fullback.
Three under 16 forwards who aren't that big might explain why the GT forwards were outgunned so far this season. GT has always prided itself on their forward play. In 2008 several NC players thought GT had probably the best drilled pack in the comp. GT will continue to go backwards without 'scholarship talent' . GT needs a core of 4 or 5 players around which to build a competitive team. Still the season is early & GT has been disadvantaged by the delayed preparation & no home fields.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Three under 16 forwards who aren't that big might explain why the GT forwards were outgunned so far this season. GT has always prided itself on their forward play. In 2008 several NC players thought GT had probably the best drilled pack in the comp. GT will continue to go backwards without 'scholarship talent' . GT needs a core of 4 or 5 players around which to build a competitive team. Still the season is early & GT has been disadvantaged by the delayed preparation & no home fields.

Losing by 70 to Ipswich doesn't all come down to 3 undersized forwards. They should probably be having a second look at the whole team if they can't secure enough ball or score more than one try.

B

Black Vegetables

Grammar have the bye this week, and are resting a few players, resulting in a fair number of positional changes. Still a strong squad which should get up over Downlands.

Do you know who they're resting?

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
I think next weekends fixtures will determine the major contenders. Round 1 was interesting but round 2 looks far more competitive.
Nudgee v TSS. Do or die match for Nudgee, many injuries after last weeks game and come up against a rested tss so i think they will struggle to be competitive. TSS will be out to prove a point and mentally nudgee will be down after losing at home. TSS by 10
Churchie v BBC. This will be interesting. I dont see BBC causing an upset like they did in this fixture last year, if its a battle in the forwards BBC may be able to hold churchie back but i dont see them doing it for the whole 70. Nonetheless, churchie to run away with it. Churchie by 15
State High v Ippy. The highlight of the round in my eyes.. Both have alot to lose and will be eagerly anticipating this one. Will show if ippy's recruiting has paid off and this will be their toughest test. State high werent impressive in the first round so they will need to step it up and i can see them winning this game in the breakdowns. BSHS by 7, with that in mind depends on where ippy is at mentally and if concede a few early points i can see this game being a walk over.
Any ideas about other game? i picked the main ones and competition determining matches, i dont see terrace, bgs or tgs being really in the hunt..

They've pulled out some top referees so games should be quality this weekend ...
Agree with most of these - but TSS v Nudgee will be closer. Nudgee to keep it tight & TSS looking to go wide. Coin toss result. Plenty would enjoy Nudgee 0 - 2.
Churchie starting to build momentum.
Danger game for State High. Will test whether they are up to the cracking team of last 2 years.
Toowoomba to beat Terrace by 5 and score their 1st win since 2009.
Downlands to edge out Bris Grammar by 7.

R

rugbymand2323

Terrace to have a chance against TGS? your tipping a tight one?

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
They've pulled out some top referees so games should be quality this weekend ...
Agree with most of these - but TSS v Nudgee will be closer. Nudgee to keep it tight & TSS looking to go wide. Coin toss result. Plenty would enjoy Nudgee 0 - 2.
Churchie starting to build momentum.
Danger game for State High. Will test whether they are up to the cracking team of last 2 years.
Toowoomba to beat Terrace by 5 and score their 1st win since 2009.
Downlands to edge out Bris Grammar by 7.

That's a big call tipping Downlands. Grammar has a strong team with lots of experience, speed and strength, and coupled with it's highly qualified coaching staff (A former Wallaby and a former Reds backs coach/ player) they'll have a strong season. Grammar by 12.

B

Black Vegetables

That's a big call tipping Downlands. Grammar has a strong team with lots of experience, speed and strength, and coupled with it's highly qualified coaching staff (A former Wallaby and a former Reds backs coach/ player) they'll have a strong season. Grammar by 12.

Grammar has an inexperienced backline for this match. Downlands by 122. (That was not a typo) Kipz?

A

alc14

ipswich 24 state high 12 . ipswich played very well with all there big names playing well

R

rockfish

ipswich 24 state high 12 . ipswich played very well with all there big names playing well

Ippys forwards were fantastic today, won the set pieces and maintained possession which frusrated BSHS into making errors.
Fast ball gave the backs plenty of room to move. More challenges ahead for IGS but they are looking like the real deal.

B

brisbanepassword

GPS 1 prediction
1 Ben Tarr (BBC)
2 Maile Nguamo (IGS)
3 Fatai Latu (IGS)
4 Sam Fattal (TSS)
5 Sam Kerevi (BSHS)
6 Levi Aumua (BGS)
7 Kristian Satui (NC)
8 Curtis Browning (BSHS) (C)
9 Matt Fairnington (TSS)
10 Billy Brittain (NC)
11 Denzel King (IGS)
12 Grant Davies (BGS)
13 Nick Oui (TSS)
14 Craig Hunt (NC)
15 Chris Sautia (BSHS)

B

brisbanepassword

Brittain and Davies both have to be in the team obviously, Davies would just do a better job of adapting to 12 seeing as he has more of a running game than Brittain.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Brittain and Davies both have to be in the team obviously, Davies would just do a better job of adapting to 12 seeing as he has more of a running game than Brittain.

But then his freakish skill set, especially his almost unrivalled kicking game, aren't properly utilised.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
TSS v's Nudgee would be almost level pegging as the game of the round

GPS 1 prediction
1 Ben Tarr (BBC)
2 Maile Nguamo (IGS)
3 Fatai Latu (IGS)
4 Sam Fattal (TSS)
5 Sam Kerevi (BSHS)
6 Levi Aumua (BGS)
7 Kristian Satui (NC)
8 Curtis Browning (BSHS) (C)
9 Matt Fairnington (TSS)
10 Billy Brittain (NC)
11 Denzel King (IGS)
12 Grant Davies (BGS)
13 Nick Oui (TSS)
14 Craig Hunt (NC)
15 Chris Sautia (BSHS)

i doubt this team very much. witnessed churchie play bbc today and i have not seen a stronger looking churchie outfit since at least '06. Churchie flyhalf stood out scoring nearly the whole teams points. He was very impressive in defence and for a small kid seemed to control the churchie backline well. teams usually get rewarded with GPS 1 spots by being placed highly in the ladder and i cant see any of the team i watched today not in it. 2 (Young), 6 (Mitchell), 10 (Eason), 11 (Ioane) in particular. Churchie d BBC comfortably

Status
Not open for further replies.