• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GT Army

Dad went to grammar on the topic of northgate and he told me last night that the Govt is taking northgate ovals for the Northern link tunnel? You can't be serious! Losing both the lower ones at the school and now northgate? Anyone else heard any news on this

I'm pretty sure its more of the normanby fields near Grammar and not Northgate, Northgate is too far from the Airport and already has too much congestion with limited infrastructure to be any advantage to the governemnt to be used for the Northern Link. Plus its a hole so theres nothing to "link" it to

G

GT Army

After weeks of bad refs and bad conditions, the GT Army is bleeding and we are angry. I know that we have not looked the best of late but with changes made by the coaching staff, who in these hard times have to be commended with their persistence and ingenuity, the red and black will be victorious at least 3 times this season. Traditionally Terrace come out of the gates after the Term 2 break extremely well and i believe that we will win all these games. Although the team has taken its time gelling we are improving and moving as a unit and mark my words, in 2 weeks when we meet BGS we will over run the Spring Hill rivals. Also in my humble opinion we are also winning the Chat throwing with James Perrins proving a key member in the formation of the GT attack breaking lines and dealing heavy retorts which the inexperienced BGS just cannot handle.

Cheerio

H

Harpy

the red and black will be victorious at least 3 times this season. Traditionally Terrace come out of the gates after the Term 2 break extremely well and i believe that we will win all these games. Although the team has taken its time gelling we are improving and moving as a unit and mark my words, in 2 weeks when we meet BGS we will over run the Spring Hill rivals.

you are clueless mate. GT will not win 1 game this year. BGS will stomp them

G

GT Army

No it was not, occurred right in front of me and the ref ignored the touch judges call.

Mate they also denied a try which levi amua scored which the touchy said it was a try while the ref said it was held up so i guess you could call it even. I was there merely for intel purposes and honestly didn't find anything special from BGS and think we will be able to control and over come them comfortably in the game weeks away

F

fourgreatkids

Mate they also denied a try which levi amua scored which the touchy said it was a try while the ref said it was held up so i guess you could call it even. I was there merely for intel purposes and honestly didn't find anything special from BGS and think we will be able to control and over come them comfortably in the game weeks away

good to see your optimistic mate but seriously, you lost by 70 to ippy and bgs beat them. the odds are definitely against you here mate

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
my view:
Churchie- Top of ladder by 1 point, injuries to 1,7,9. Bye comes at the right time for jonesy, seem to have alot of depth and could be considered unlucky yesterday
TSS- Season hanging in the balance. Needed a win yesterday, dont see them as contenders this year. Lack of depth and have to face an in-form state high next week
Nudgee- Lost 2/3 games. Hard start to season and will need alot of results to go their way to stand any chance of a premiership. I dont see them in the top 3 this year
Ipswich- Brought back to earth yesterday, should recover next weekend and still a very good premiership chance.
Grammar- Darkhorses. Will need to upset either churchie, tss or state high. Dont see it happening this year, but very impressive performance last week. Consistency and depth is the question?
BBC- Not even close, please stop talking their chances of a premiership up. Already lost to two heavyweights and unlikely to beat tss or nudgee

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
my view:
Churchie- Top of ladder by 1 point, injuries to 1,7,9. Bye comes at the right time for jonesy, seem to have alot of depth and could be considered unlucky yesterday
TSS- Season hanging in the balance. Needed a win yesterday, dont see them as contenders this year. Lack of depth and have to face an in-form state high next week
Nudgee- Lost 2/3 games. Hard start to season and will need alot of results to go their way to stand any chance of a premiership. I dont see them in the top 3 this year
Ipswich- Brought back to earth yesterday, should recover next weekend and still a very good premiership chance.
Grammar- Darkhorses. Will need to upset either churchie, tss or state high. Dont see it happening this year, but very impressive performance last week. Consistency and depth is the question?
BBC- Not even close, please stop talking their chances of a premiership up. Already lost to two heavyweights and unlikely to beat tss or nudgee

Just a few things. I don't really think that State High can be considered in form when the lost convincingly to a Nudgee side who aren't even considered one of this year's favourites. I'd also like to point out that Brisbane Grammar's depth has been tested, with their first choice Flyhalf (Grant Davies, Australia A/ QLD 1 ), Outside Centre (Josh Birch, Australian U16 Rugby League) and Prop (Lakehm Aiono, QLD U16 backrow) all missed the game against favourites Ipswich and still managed to win playing half the match with 14 men. They face BBC next week without representative player Levi Aumua, so if you still have doubts about BGS's depth then a win next week should prove that this side aren't 'easy beats'.

Mate they also denied a try which levi amua scored which the touchy said it was a try while the ref said it was held up so i guess you could call it even. I was there merely for intel purposes and honestly didn't find anything special from BGS and think we will be able to control and over come them comfortably in the game weeks away.

Thank you for pointing out the Levi Aumua try, it should have been awarded. And Rockfish, it was definitely a knock on in the corner from IGS. Ref made the right call. But GT Army, what do you consider special? I think beating competition favourites IGS playing a man down nearly half an hour is pretty special, especially when you consider they beat you 77-8.

G

GT Army

my view:

You are forgetting Terrace you derp - Still forming as a unit and will soon hit good form demolishing their opposition in the way, im sorry to say this but watch out other teams we are yet to fade away too easily

cheerio

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just a few things. I don't really think that State High can be considered in form when the lost convincingly to a Nudgee side who aren't even considered one of this year's favourites. I'd also like to point out that Brisbane Grammar's depth has been tested, with their first choice Flyhalf (Grant Davies, Australia A/ QLD 1 ), Outside Centre (Josh Birch, Australian U16 Rugby League) and Prop (Lakehm Aiono, QLD U16 backrow) all missed the game against favourites Ipswich and still managed to win playing half the match with 14 men. They face BBC next week without representative player Levi Aumua, so if you still have doubts about BGS's depth then a win next week should prove that this side aren't 'easy beats'.

ah yes sorry should have proof read that. very true about the state high form, misread the score against nudgee. I certainly dont see BGS as title contenders just yet, by no means are they 'easy beats'. BBC shouldnt be too much of a challenge for them in any case

GT army, you clearly are still a schoolboy and your statements have no validity. please if your going to talk up teams, have some kind of merit in your arguments. Terrace will be lucky to pick up a win the remainder of this season

R

RedandBlackAttack

GT Army, your consistent optimism is nice to see. But let's not completely ride off terrace, obviously not for the premiership, but some possible upsets on the way.

G

GT Army

GT army, you clearly are still a schoolboy and your statements have no validity. please if your going to talk up teams, have some kind of merit in your arguments. Terrace will be lucky to pick up a win the remainder of this season

Ok you tell me what i am that's cool. I'm just displaying my opinion as everybody else in this forum is, its called the right to free speech, look it up. You should never discount the Red and Black especially with the talent we have in the team now, all we have to do is come together as unit and play together, once that happens the gates of hell will open and spread its wrath upon those who be hatin

Cheerio

G

GT Army

most of the GPS is hatin on you, so stop talking up last place

Harpy just go get another 3 day ban. We at Gregory terrace enjoy being the under dogs, in fact thats the reason we lost our first 3 games, on purpose. So just wait and see while the Red and Black come from behind to clench a podium position

H

hatman

Jimmyboulvard says GT has their 10 and 12 and thats about it. I got to Ballymore last night great atmosphere but the rub of the green aganist GT especially refereeing & a blantant foot in touch in front of a touch judge did not help. BBC the better on the night. GT don't seem to be able to get over the advantage line & the outside backs not used. One GT supporter said the wingers haven't got any clean ball in 3 matches - a case of sticky fingers in the centers. The 10 & 12 last night didn't read the play, & didn't pass outside. They might be OK in defence but defence doesn't score points. These 2 players might be out of position but never once made a break. So jimmy's comments must be from the heart. The 2nd rower (Crookes ?) had a strong game & would not look out of place in a stronger side.

O

OLDDOG

Well after this next round it will be interesting, with likely results putting IGS, NC and BGS on top with 6 points each, then churchie on 5, then possibly TSS on 3. What a season ! great to see it so open, should bode well for the GPS rep teams I reckon. From what I've seen and read, each team seems to have their achilles heel, so anyone can beat anyone.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom