• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisjj94

Boys, simple as this, BGS are a quality team, as are BBC, but BBC lack the flair and structure that Bgs have, as seen by the trial game, where the BBC try was simply luck rather then structure. Whereas the try scored 5 minutes later by the high flying Lewis Radford was simple speed, skill and flair that broke him through 4 defenders to score. Expect to see more from BGS today, even if they are missing the likes of Aumua, they'll pull through and go up against BBC by 10.

R

rozza_13

downlands got up over a mainly seconds side from churchie by 15 points. Downlands had 7 out and a couple of reserves were injured during the game.

R

RedandBlackAttack

After a great round of rugby - I believe all schools, students, and players should be proud at this time. Special mention to Nudgee and BGS, with some real upset wins that they can be proud of.
But, this week brings us another great round and I look forward to watching some absolute crackers.

TGS Vs TSS: Both of these teams are following decent rounds of football, but both lost with great spirit. Expect a spirited affair from TSS, who will get the win. TSS by 7.
IGS Vs Nudgee: Ipswich have a great team, and after Nudgee's upset win against another school this week, expect their flare to die down. Ipswich by 12.
BGS Vs Churchie: Potentially game of the season? Churchie have been riding high and are still yet to lose, Grammar unfortunately don't have the skillset or the kicking game. Churchie by 20+.
State High vs Terrace: State High have been lacking this season, and Terrace are just starting to hit their stride. Close call, and possibly an upset from State High, but I'll play it safe and call it Terrace by 5.

Well those are my picks for this round, good luck to all teams playing this weekend.

T

The Pea

Hatman - nice to see that John Elders is still remembered! He was a terrific coach (for a Pom) and it was a pleasue to play under him in his last year 1992. If you may remember the 1991 Downlands First XV won the the then called "Metway Cup" and from memory were undefeated or close to that year. The First XV prior to and following his departure were all very strong teams due to the culture he had built. 1993 passed over to Peter Healy - a very tough coach.

C

chrisjj94

After a great round of rugby - I believe all schools, students, and players should be proud at this time. Special mention to Nudgee and BGS, with some real upset wins that they can be proud of.
But, this week brings us another great round and I look forward to watching some absolute crackers.

TGS Vs TSS: Both of these teams are following decent rounds of football, but both lost with great spirit. Expect a spirited affair from TSS, who will get the win. TSS by 7.
IGS Vs Nudgee: Ipswich have a great team, and after Nudgee's upset win against another school this week, expect their flare to die down. Ipswich by 12.
BGS Vs Churchie: Potentially game of the season? Churchie have been riding high and are still yet to lose, Grammar unfortunately don't have the skillset or the kicking game. Churchie by 20+.
State High vs Terrace: State High have been lacking this season, and Terrace are just starting to hit their stride. Close call, and possibly an upset from State High, but I'll play it safe and call it Terrace by 5.

Well those are my picks for this round, good luck to all teams playing this weekend.

Grammar have possibly two of the best kickers in the comp, and the skillset? They just managed to beat Ipi and run over BBC who terrace did lose to by 15, and how, after losing by nearly 80 points to Nudgee and Ipi do you expect to beat BSHS.

F

fourgreatkids

match of the year this weekend between churchie and grammar. last underfeated teams left. could possibly decide the premiership. hoping to see a massive crowd out at northgate to see what should be a great afternoon of rugby. my tip is grammar by 3 with sam greene to have a blinder against his old school.

G

GT Army

match of the year this weekend between churchie and grammar. last underfeated teams left. could possibly decide the premiership. hoping to see a massive crowd out at northgate to see what should be a great afternoon of rugby. my tip is grammar by 3 with sam greene to have a blinder against his old school.

I disagree. Sam Greene will be under immense pressure and will hence be targeted as he is a vital part of the BGS camp. I also agree with Red and Black Attack's posts congratulating him as a highly knowledgeable and unbiased contributor to this feed. I also agree with this weeks predictions, especially Terraces' victory and the inadequates of the Grammar kicking game, never being able to put in the right kick at the right time.

Cheerio

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Any GPS 1 or 2 predictions to be made/altered after this round?

No Terrace boys in GPS 1. Say what you like, two 70+ losses should be enough to ensure none are picked.

I disagree. Sam Greene will be under immense pressure and will hence be targeted as he is a vital part of the BGS camp. I also agree with Red and Black Attack's posts congratulating him as a highly knowledgeable and unbiased contributor to this feed. I also agree with this weeks predictions, especially Terraces' victory and the inadequates of the Grammar kicking game, never being able to put in the right kick at the right time.

Cheerio

RedandBlackAttack's post is the most stupid, biased comment I've seen on this thread. You Terrace boys do yourself no favours and lose what is already minimal credibility as intelligent posters.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I know it's been said already but BGS 36 BBC 11. My match report:

Despite the halftime score being 11 - 11 today BGS ran out easy winners after a dominant second half performance. BBC played well in the first half and kept in check with the collisions and forwards, however in the second half the BGS pack showed what they're made of, making a mess of BBC's ball and totally dominating possession + territory. Well done to them.

C

czar01

No Terrace boys in GPS 1. Say what you like, two 70+ losses should be enough to ensure none are picked.

Perhaps not. However special mention to Ben Birgan at no 12 who is one of GPS best flankers. He is toiling manfully out of position and the one player who should be given a run in the GPS 1 trials . The No 8 (Ben Ayala) last years No 7 would no doubt love to be back playing there again. Crookes at 4 is more than holding his own. Mellor at hooker (Year 11) is coming on well and one to look out for as is Given at fullback (year 11). Those lads are standing out in a shockingly beaten team and do not deserve criticism.

They will continue to lose by plenty if they cannot secure less than 10% of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.