• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
I agree with you on that one, he has been very efficient around the field in all aspects of the game. although he isn't the biggest player, he certainly makes up for it in speed, awareness and endurance. Even at the breakdown he makes a difference and puts his body on the line to secure the ball. One of the most talented players of the competition definitely.
He has won three(?) games for Grammar too - not only by his runs but also his great defense in stopping the other teams wingers before they can get anywhere. I agree that he more than makes up for his size. He would put all his effort into making a tackle against any "big bopper" from Nudgee and probably would stop them right in their tracks.

Risky

Bob McCowan (2)
He has won three(?) games for Grammar too - not only by his runs but also his great defense in stopping the other teams wingers before they can get anywhere. I agree that he more than makes up for his size. He would put all his effort into making a tackle against any "big bopper" from Nudgee and probably would stop them right in their tracks.

yeah, i think that's right

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Grammar remind me of the Wallabies team from 98-02 - They aren't the biggest team out, but they play very smart rugby, thrive off quick ball, have deadly finishers, a smooth fast flyhalf who controls the game well... Great to watch. Oh, and they know how to close a damn game out (how the hell they scored 3 tries against BBC in the last 10 is beyond me )

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Grammar remind me of the Wallabies team from 98-02 - They aren't the biggest team out, but they play very smart rugby, thrive off quick ball, have deadly finishers, a smooth fast flyhalf who controls the game well. Great to watch. Oh, and they know how to close a damn game out (how the hell they scored 3 tries against BBC in the last 10 is beyond me )
The "smart rugby" must be credited to their coaching staff. As a BGS boy, most afternoons, I see the First XV watching heir previous games and highlighting where they can improve. Really seems like this is an essential part of their training as any part of the game which they weren't 100% they come out the next week and nail it - must make it incredibly hard to pin down a weak point in the BGS team just by watching a few of their games. I'm interested to see how Nudgee play against BGS in round 9, but I can assume they will be trying to get a physical edge over the Grammar boys.

The Rig

Frank Row (1)
Can't wait for the bloodbath out at Tennyson on Saturday. Theres nothing better then sitting on the hill at international oval and watching Terrace get flogged by the Grammar school. GT are just another speed bump the light dark blue have to roll over before the big game out at Nudgee the week after. Itll be good for the boys to stretch their legs against some mediocre opposition and maybe even give a few of their reserves a run. BGS by 50

morelando bloom

Peter Burge (5)
Can't wait for the bloodbath out at Tennyson on Saturday. Theres nothing better then sitting on the hill at international oval and watching Terrace get flogged by the Grammar school. GT are just another speed bump the light dark blue have to roll over before the big game out at Nudgee the week after. Itll be good for the boys to stretch their legs against some mediocre opposition and maybe even give a few of their reserves a run. BGS by 50
If you can name one previous instance where Grammar have 'thrashed' Terrace on Internationals I will purchase you a beverage from the canteen on Saturday

D

Doc

What ever happened to the big prop GT had running around in this age group?

T

tightfive

If you can name one previous instance where Grammar have 'thrashed' Terrace on Internationals I will purchase you a beverage from the canteen on Saturday
From memory last encounter at Tennyson in '09 saw GT thump BGS 50 - 0. BGS at home last 2 games came up trumps. I think it will be close but BGS by a nose.

The Rig

Frank Row (1)

Mate the only beverages I consume are protein shakes, and based on the size of the Terrace boys I see walking around these days I doubt they are selling any of them at the Tennyson canteen. Cheers for the offer though

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Two rounds to go and a mathematical chance of only the second four way tie in Brisbane GPS school history.

The "contentious" results to achieve this would be for GT to defeat BGS and IGS to defeat Churchie this weekend and then for BGS to knock over NC at Ross Oval.

If all other games to form, NC, BGS, TSS and IGS all finish on 12 points.

Stranger things have happened and a four way tie would confirm just how close the competition has become this year. What are the odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.