• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GPS fan

Depth refers to the entire age groups performance-schools which take in players for their first XV only will usually perform well in the firsts, possibly flowing to the seconds
But schools which have good depth should be generally winning consistantly throughout the age group-take nudgee for example

Damn, so BGS should have worked on your theory and gone for better depth rather than the Premiership. What does the Depth Trophy look like then? It must be so much better than the Premiership Trophy.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Damn, so BGS should have worked on your theory and gone for better depth rather than the Premiership. What does the Depth Trophy look like then? It must be so much better than the Premiership Trophy.
It looks like a win for the average joe playing rugby for his school on the weekend

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Terrace have been regarded as having good depth or some depth, but even in some games like the recent ones against Grammar, they weren't performing well, showing how Grammar actually has depth.
On the weekend, lets take the opens/16s age groups for example-the ones which depth affects.
BGS won the 1sts and 2nds-didnt win a match in the 3rds,4ths, 5ths or any in the 16s

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Really in the First XV and in GPS, nobody cares about depth. If they did, we would all say BSHS were terrible because they provide 2 teams in each age group, despite this, they had dominated along with NC for the last few years (disregarding this year). GT have good depth but fail at Firsts level.

Cmon mate, are you saying if you had a son in a c team at a gps school you would consider his game insignificant. Schools try and promote that whether it be from the Firsts or the 13d's, each game hold an equal amount of importance. I totally agree with this statement, after all win or loose, rugby is the winner in the end.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
On the weekend, lets take the opens/16s age groups for example-the ones which depth affects.
BGS won the 1sts and 2nds-didnt win a match in the 3rds,4ths, 5ths or any in the 16s
With the best four 16 A's players in the firsts and they still managed to get a draw? All the 16's games were quite close, same with the 15's and 14's.

G

GPS fan

Thank you once again Grasshopper for your wise words. To wrap up then BGS should be concentrating on depth rather than the First XV Premiership and more on their 3rd's, 4th's and 5th's.......cutting edge stuff there Grasshopper

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thank you once again Grasshopper for your wise words. To wrap up then BGS should be concentrating on depth rather than the First XV Premiership and more on their 3rd's, 4th's and 5th's...cutting edge stuff there Grasshopper
Im not saying its more important than the first XV, certainly not, but if I were a boy at one of these schools losing every week then i'd be a bit annoyed

G

GPS fan

Cmon mate, are you saying if you had a son in a c team at a gps school you would consider his game insignificant. Schools try and promote that whether it be from the Firsts or the 13d's, each game hold an equal amount of importance. I totally agree with this statement, after all win or loose, rugby is the winner in the end.

I am not going to rip into you guys at GT as it must be tough being just across the road from such a superior First XV and A's and B's sides especially when your C's, D's and E's are excelling. Life just isn't fair, is it.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
I am not going to rip into you guys at GT as it must be tough being just across the road from such a superior First XV and A's and B's sides especially when your C's, D's and E's are excelling. Life just isn't fair, is it.
Superior first XV and A's and B's?
Of the A's/B's (including first XV) games on the weekend, terrace won 5, grammar won 4 (One was drawn).

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
This whole thing is like saying State High gets terrible QCS results and OPs, but at least they are getting into TAFE.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)

well id think you will find that on the weekend from the opens to 13's terrace won 5 to grammars 4 with a draw in the 16a's, in the a to b level. Overall GT won 12 to grammars 7. Stillsuperiorbrah?

G

Gingerbat

Every school in the GPS has good, bad & indifferent rugby teams at all levels, except this year's 1st XV sides. The top 4 after round 8 have deserved their points through wonderful rugby and talented players.

However, the remaining sides should feel a little unlucky, as this would be the closest comp in years. BBC lead most of their games at halftime. GT suffered some narrow loses & an upset. Churchie, always strong, did not get the results for which they were hoping.

BSHS will bounce back; they always do. TGS is full of top-flight players.
TSS were very strong and always hard to beat.

For my money, BBC's no 9 (Mikey Dyring) was brilliant. IGS had a fabulous season but had the misfortune of a pumped TGS at home.

On Saturday, GPS rugby will be the winner, along with which ever of these two great sides takes the honours.

Best of luck to both sides. Enjoy your moment in the spotlight!

C

Chicka red

The fellow who said that lathem scared the hell out of the GT backs, must have been watching a different game. Yes he was hard to stop but certaintly didnt destroy the GT midfield, had to resort to a shoulder charge on the GT 13 who bounced straight back up, he was lucky to stay on the field as the ref didnt have a clue.I am sure NC will handle him. But i must say I was impressed with the BGS 13 Josh Birch his league background shows how to truly defend, & will be the key to shut down Tuttle & the outside backs.

G

GPS fan

well id think you will find that on the weekend from the opens to 13's terrace won 5 to grammars 4 with a draw in the 16a's, in the a to b level. Overall GT won 12 to grammars 7. Stillsuperiorbrah?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I was deciding on what time I should arrive at Ross Oval to watch BGS play Nudgee in the Premiership decider. What will you be doing this Saturday afternoon?

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
Shut up. This used to be such a good read until you terrace and grammar (schoolboys I presume) posters decided to make it like a spring hill facebook shitfight.

Grammar are kidding themselves if they are comparing their depth to tss, nudgee, particularly nudgee.

Terrace are kidding themselves if they are comparing their sporting ability to grammar/any other school. end.\

Status
Not open for further replies.