• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slapper69

Yea any thoughts on the Bgs good and bad match ups?
Both teams are solid all around the park, i think on the day its gonna take a bit of magic to dertermain the final score, or both teams will have to rely on the boot. but if any team has a weakness, it would be the fact that nudgee are weaker on the boot and BGS lack in size a bit compare to NC

C

Chicka red

There are people on the forum that seem to forget the briliiance of Paddy James for NC, if his forwards do the job he will create the space for the outside backs and Anio & Birch will be in two mids in defence they are not the quickest centres. Watch for Paddy to show the selectors they got it wrong again.

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
Lakehm seems like he will be able to after looking at his defense in the last few weeks.
Somehow doubt that he can 'shut down' Tuttle as such. He is far too agile and quick-footed for Aiono, and I think that Birch would be a far more suitable marker for BGS' sake.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Any truth to the rumor that the BGS V NC game is relocating to Ballymore night game on Sat night ?
No truth whatsoever. Nudgee have the right to hold their game at home and I doubt that they would move it to Ballymore. They also have given no notice of a change of venue. It will be at Ross at 2:05 PM.

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
Finally got ducks in line with the schools - I'll be able to get a camera there, so my plan is to put together a highlights package of the match (not just the usual tries montage). Sam's writing the match review, so by our powers combined hopefully GAGR will get a good rundown of the match.

No live stream could be arranged at the short notice, however.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Finally got ducks in line with the schools - I'll be able to get a camera there, so my plan is to put together a highlights package of the match (not just the usual tries montage). Sam's writing the match review, so by our powers combined hopefully GAGR will get a good rundown of the match.

No live stream could be arranged at the short notice, however.
Better than nothing, much better than nothing.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
An example of a good halfback would be Dyring of BBC. Go and have a look at the video in post 2272 which shows some of the magic performed by Dyring. If Terrace do a highlights video this year you might see some box kicks but I wager you will not go close to seeing any line breaks, tries or as quick hands from the Terrace half. He struggled to create any opportunity and can't see that form changing next year.
Pardon me? I don't know how many times you've seen Fowler actually play this year, but he's been one of the linchpins of the Terrace outfit, in Year 11. Crisp pass, solid decision making - he'll be a force to be reckoned with next year. Look out.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
the outside backs and Anio & Birch will be in two mids in defence they are not the quickest centres
Birch has made a bunch of runaway tries this year, as well as catching a few break-away runners. He Doesn't seem so fast because of his size but on a 100m track he is one of the quickest on the team. I think he will cause Tuttle alot of greif tomorrow. The Grammar back line has an amazing ability to read and shutdown oppostion set moves, so points wont be coming easily tomorrow.

Kesh

Frank Row (1)
Which TSS boys in particular? Next year's competition is shaping up nicely with plenty of strong returning talent.

Alex Mafi NC
James Tuttle NC
Tyrone Hussey NC
Maclean Jones NC
Riley Brennan NC
Jayden Rodwell NC
Paulo Leleisiuao NC

Junior Fakaosilea BBC
Bronson Tauakipulu BBC

Jamason Fa'anana-Schultz IGS
Latham Takau IGS

Isaac Nathan TSS
Joel Brown TSS
Fred Dorrough TSS

Matt Marsden BGS
Dalton Cox BGS
Patrick Morrey BGS
Fergus Halliday BGS
Trey Kemp BGS
Dan Forsyth BGS
Zac Laud BGS

Digger MacMillan ACGS

Daniel Sitanelei GT
Robert Green GT
Toby McNamee GT
Ben Laxon GT

All of those boys have been regular starters for their respective schools and/or feature prominently on the representative scene. Looking for especially big years from Mafi, Fakaosilea, Takau, Nathan, Marsden, Morrey and MacMillan.

You have forgotten to mention for BBC that along with Fakaosilea and Tauakipulu they have
Josh bowyer (outstanding season),
conrad quick (queensland schoolboy)
Luke peterson (played every game this year)
Nathan Russel (played every game this year))
Benroy Sala (almost every game but prevented by injury)
Noel Mclean (almost every game but prevented by injury)
Brad Saunders (played 2 games)

expect a podium finish from them next year

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
You have forgotten to mention for BBC that along with Fakaosilea and Tauakipulu they have
Josh bowyer (outstanding season),
conrad quick (queensland schoolboy)
Luke peterson (played every game this year)
Nathan Russel (played every game this year))
Benroy Sala (almost every game but prevented by injury)
Noel Mclean (almost every game but prevented by injury)
Brad Saunders (played 2 games)

expect a podium finish from them next year

Bowyer and McLean have been excellent. Peterson also not far off.

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bowyer and McLean have been excellent. Peterson also not far off.
BBC missed Braden and Jnr heaps this year- 'the could have been' season- even without them BBC put some grey hairs on the opposition every game (ie they were 10 points ahead of BGS with 10 minutes to go). Over all the transition to the new coaching team has gone well- for a team, without the depth of the big four and the injury toll they had this year ....!
Jnr, will have a huge impact next year- the first few games this year BBC forwards were arguably the stronger pack (incl against Nudgee) ... Benroy and Bronson will have even more impact and Peterson - an 16 yr old tight forward, will be able to play his more natural game with some more size in 2013/14.
Bowyer and McLean have matured heaps. They will run the team around the paddock with much more certainty - don't expect BBC to give up first half leads next yr.

paddywagen

Allen Oxlade (6)
5 hours to go on Ross Oval- haven't been this excited about a GPS game since the Nudgee Centenary game against Terrace...
hopefully a much better game than that one!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.