• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Mafi will be playing 16As with Paulo Leleisiuao, these 2 will single handedly destroy the other 16A packs and it is an absolute luxury that nudgee have the quality of front rowers to play these 2 in the 16As and Daniel Anae in the 2nds

Rumour is that Paulo was diagnosed with a heart condition and has been ruled out for the season. One report from a teammate of his was that he's been told he can't play ever again but that's the first I've heard of that. Very unfortunate diagnosis for anyone, yet alone such a talented player.

AusBoyRugby

Stan Wickham (3)
expecting a big year from GT with dalgleish getting some confidence under his belt with qld selection. top 3 finish along with nudgee and tgs is my best bet.

Despite the fact that GT have developed some good players into the 2012 Rugby Season, they will obviously get beaten by the more promising schools like Nudgee, TGS, TSS and Churchie. All four of these schools have proven their dominance over all the other GPS schools with numerous players from all schools getting selected for Queensland 1, 2 and 3. But I have to say my pick for the premiership for this year is between Nudgee and Churchie for sure.

AusBoyRugby

Stan Wickham (3)
I am quite suprised to see that no Nudgee Coaches are helping Coach the Queensland 1 and 2 teams. I hear that Peter Gledhill helped coach the Australian Schoolboys some time back and also it is said that he assists the Western Force every now and again. I think if anything they need to rethink the coaching staff because their should defiantly be some spots for more TSS, Churchie and Nudgee coaches in the Queensland 1,2 and 3 teams.

Phoenix

Stan Wickham (3)
can we all just stop raving and sucking GT dick ... they have one player in either of the teams and he only got in there because he played out of his skin .. doesnt mean they are going anywhere near the premiership this season.. cmon guys its Gregory terrace for F*** sake

I am quite suprised to see that no Nudgee Coaches are helping Coach the Queensland 1 and 2 teams. I hear that Peter Gledhill helped coach the Australian Schoolboys some time back and also it is said that he assists the Western Force every now and again. I think if anything they need to rethink the coaching staff because their should defiantly be some spots for more TSS, Churchie and Nudgee coaches in the Queensland 1,2 and 3 teams.

i think one of the reason that they dont do these teams is because they have a bit to do with the u16 QLD teams .. and its a bit difficult to do 1st , u16 and QLD schools together

and yeah the Phoenix is back and ive read over whats being said this year ... i wouldnt be quick to judge statehigh in last position. yeah ok they have lost some big guns in Curtis and Chris ... but two players dont make a team

2011 - predicted to come 7th or 8th ... BSHS came 4th
2010 - predicted to come 6th ... joint premeiers with NUdgee
2009 - predicted 5th .... hmmmm well i think this one is self explanatory

just reminding you guys never underestimate an underdog

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I will happily agree with you that he will struggle on the back of that evidence. I guess this means that Greene repeating had no point then? As he was named on the bench, under an injury cloud and the two positions he plays are filled by returning NSW schoolboy players. Tough luck for a guy, whose rugby speaks for itself

Jake is not a natural 15 but in a post from LG (who knows a hell of a lot about NSW schoolboy rugby) he seemed to suggest that it was purely a case of getting all the best players on the field at once. I think Greene has a reasonable chance at Oz Schools 15, first he will have to prove he is better than Placid and then that he offers more than two Oz Schoolboys who are both capable with the boot, it will be very tough but he is skillful and deadly accurate from the tee.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Despite the fact that GT have developed some good players into the 2012 Rugby Season, they will obviously get beaten by the more promising schools like Nudgee, TGS, TSS and Churchie. All four of these schools have proven their dominance over all the other GPS schools with numerous players from all schools getting selected for Queensland 1, 2 and 3. But I have to say my pick for the premiership for this year is between Nudgee and Churchie for sure.

July 14 Nudgee v GT rugby trial at NC

B

Brave_game

So The terrace 1st XV 2012 team has been announced in Syndey for the start of the season it Consists of:

#1. Nicholas Waters
#2. Samuel Greer
#3. James Thomson
#4. Abe Hopkins
#5. Hugo Freemantle
#6. Christopher Rowling
#7. Morgan Gassman
#8. Harry Bird
#9. Jack Colley
#10. Resh Nair
#11. Thomas Mellor
#12. Rosh Hettiaratchi
#13. Josh Johnson
#14. Calum O'Shea
#15. Thomas Moreland

With The B team on the Bench:

#16. Sam Long
#17. Tom Given
#18. Jack Mcsweeney
#19. Jake Greentree
#20. Lachlan Farr
#21. Bill Ovenden

This team looks to be an extremely formidable line up and as such will be the team to beat in the 2012 season. The selectors seem to have got it right, The front row is extremely versatile, The weight of Nick Waters will be hard to stop in the scrums with excellent fire-power. The boot and step of Moreland is one of his most dangerous assets as seen down here in Sydney. Thomas Mellor on the Wing was the right decision, His speed alongside his agility is going to be hard for any GPS team to match. As usual the big names making their mark, Resh Nair has been showing off some skill at #10 and through his efforts has earnt his spot in the GT 2012 side. Hugo Freemantle making the team came as no real surprise. From watching the trial games this is the strongest side to come out of the games. Few surprises but very strong.

L

Lachlan Farr

I find it to be an absolute disgrace that someone would take my name off this blog site and put it into a side. Brave_Game you are a disgrace to all reasonable posters out there in cyberspace

T

Tarabs

What are the results of the Terrace tour to Sydney thus far?
they're in a middle of a game against eddies from canberra as we speak I believe. However in the first game against Knox Grammar they won 33 - 17. This was a side without dalgleish, heenan or given, and Daniel Sitanilei is said to have played a large part in the outcome of the first game.

T

Tarabs

#4. Abe Hopkins
#5. Hugo Freemantle
#6. Christopher Rowling
#7. Morgan Gassman
#8. Harry Bird
#9. Jack Colley

Breakthrough season from Christopher Rowling, prolific ball runner, general good bloke. Possibly the pick of the GT forwards at the moment.

T

Tarabs

GT with another win on the tour, this time braving the canberra weather to trump the St Eddies lads from canberra 38 - 17. Their biggest match shall be their next game against Waverley College, they are the reigning CAS (i think that's the name of the competition) down in sydney, putting 40+ points on marist college this time last holidays.

M

Medwards

GT with another win on the tour, this time braving the canberra weather to trump the St Eddies lads from canberra 38 - 17. Their biggest match shall be their next game against Waverley College, they are the reigning CAS (i think that's the name of the competition) down in sydney, putting 40+ points on marist college this time last holidays.

Thanks for the report Sofia, straying away from the topic of GT's form, has their been any news on other schools like BSHS and IGS's respective progress over the holiday break?

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)

Current CAS Champs (2011) Trinity Grammar. Barker College leads this year, undefeated after 6 matches in 10 round competition. Waverley probably have best back line however

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
So The terrace 1st XV 2012 team has been announced in Syndey for the start of the season it Consists of:

#1. Nicholas Waters
#2. Samuel Greer
#3. James Thomson
#4. Abe Hopkins
#5. Hugo Freemantle
#6. Christopher Rowling
#7. Morgan Gassman
#8. Harry Bird
#9. Jack Colley
#10. Resh Nair
#11. Thomas Mellor
#12. Rosh Hettiaratchi
#13. Josh Johnson
#14. Calum O'Shea
#15. Thomas Moreland

With The B team on the Bench:

#16. Sam Long
#17. Tom Given
#18. Jack Mcsweeney
#19. Jake Greentree
#20. Lachlan Farr
#21. Bill Ovenden

This team looks to be an extremely formidable line up and as such will be the team to beat in the 2012 season. The selectors seem to have got it right, The front row is extremely versatile, The weight of Nick Waters will be hard to stop in the scrums with excellent fire-power. The boot and step of Moreland is one of his most dangerous assets as seen down here in Sydney. Thomas Mellor on the Wing was the right decision, His speed alongside his agility is going to be hard for any GPS team to match. As usual the big names making their mark, Resh Nair has been showing off some skill at #10 and through his efforts has earnt his spot in the GT 2012 side. Hugo Freemantle making the team came as no real surprise. From watching the trial games this is the strongest side to come out of the games. Few surprises but very strong.

worst troll

P

pick and go

Wow shouldn't GT be playing gps schools? or are they unavailable?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
They are in Sydney, take your ignorance elsewhere.

I think pick and go was asking about why Terrace was not playing Sydney GPS schools while on their Southern tour.

A couple of guesses - most of the teams they played are/were Christian Brothers schools - so easier to organise. Also in past tours when they have played Sydney GPS schools, i think they have been belted and not gained too much from the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.