• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Only 1 injury and that was too BBC #14 Gareth Kallel who was playing his first game back. hope for a Fast recovery

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
ippylad93 I believe you neglected #4 French from
your men of the match. Outstanding around the field, especially with ball in hand.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
ippylad93 I believe you neglected #4 French from
your men of the match. Outstanding around the field, especially with ball in hand.

Completely agree actually forgot to mention Isaac! He had a great game! He has come so far from being the Outside Centre for the 15B's. He is probably one of the most underrated players in the GPS

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Sabanator your thoughts on Bill Ovenden and Lachlan O'Rourkes performances? Tommy Mellor is 3 from 3 in tries he's a try scoring machine for a front rower!

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Look fellas fair play to Terrace who where good this afternoon, but I would love to see the replay on a couple of moments throughout the game. Terrace's second try looked to be held up but was awarded. Now I'm not going to go out on a limb and say it wasn't a try but I'll definately need to see that again. Looked to be a knock on in the lead up to their third try too.

As for the end of the game, BBC where disallowed a try for obstruction which was a 50/50 call so I'm not going to complain about that, however in the last attack number 2 from Terrace I thought blatantly came in the side and nothing was given, turnover Terrace who kicked it away and from the resultant scrum won the game. I was right near the BBC headmaster who was frankly the most angry I've ever seen him, but that's another story.

Can't comment on overtime because I wasn't timing today but giving overtime seems to be the flavour of the month. Perhaps a check is needed.

As for the thirds, GT came away with it but not before they experienced the best first half defense in the competition, going into HT 10 - 0. We needed to use our dominant scrum more to take advantage of the game.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
That obstruction was absolutely blatant, good call was made by the ref. as far as refereeing is concerned, thought he was dodgy for both sides

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Don't agree with you there Spikhaza. Because we both go to the opposing schools I don't think either of our posts are biased free. Anyone that doesn't attend GT or BBC come to the game? How did the other teams go?

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
BBC V TERRACE:

Game begins with pace, Terrace dominating the first few minutes and earn themselves a penalty right in front 22 out. Given converts. BBC immediately hit back in terms of possession and territory, and from a good platform set themselves up 5m out. Collins runs a devastating line from depth and pace and powers his way over for the games first try, scoreline 7 - 3. The game continues in it's back and forth manor until BBC get a lineout and push over for another try in the corner, this time unconverted. 12 - 3. In the dying stages of the first half Terrace string together multiple phases on attack, which culminates in number 13 (sorry no name) receiving a great pass from James Dalgleish to straighten and score about 15 metres wide of the right hand upright. Conversion unsuccessful, HT 12 - 8 BBC

The second half opening was all BBC, with 9 Mikey making a great break down the short side from the kickoff. This set the tone for things to come and after a good kick from Terrace finds touch 22m out from the BBC line, Noel McClean #14 takes a quick lineout that seemed very risky. His pass to Bowyer is great however, who was screaming for the ball inside. The Terrace inside backs had all powered after the kick and Bowyer is able to use the space from the pass to step straight past Dalgleish. From here the defense from Terrace was poor, as he scooted through two more tackles from forwards to be away with a four on 1 overlap, BBC in adjacent to the posts. From here as a spectator I thought BBC looked very, very tired all of a sudden - Sala and Heathcoat where limping. Terrace put pressure on and scored a controversial try from pressure. Conversion successful. Again Terrace pushed hard and where rewarded in the corner with a try that I could barely see.

From here BBC got possession back, score 27 - 22, and pushed hard into the 22. A try to Mikey was denied which will need looking at however was probably the right call, and there where multiple 50 - 50 calls from the ref who was struggling to cope at times to both sides needs. The ruck became something of a farce. Terrace where continually using hands and coming in from the side to secure turnover ball and BBC continually went off their feet. It was a lottery. In the end Terrace held on for a hard fought 27 - 22 win

H

heyman

Quick summary
TSS d ACGS [waiting for score]
NC 49 d BSHS 16
GT 27 d BCC 22
IGS 25 d BGS 21
TGS Bye

Round 4 ladder
Position School Total
1-IGS 8​
2-NC 6​
3-TGS 4​
4-BGS 4​
5-TSS 4​
6-BBC 3​
7-GT 2​
8-ACGS 1​
9-BSHS 0​

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Anybody know the result of the range rivalry?
Terrace's best players were #4 French, #8 Sitanilei and #13 Heenan. BBC's best were their back three, devastating in attack.

In terms of the premiership, the race is wide open. IGS vs NC looks set to be the decider whether it'll be outright or shared between up to 4 teams.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
who'd have thought that Terrace would win a game this season before Churchie, what a crazy comp this is

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
Quick summary
TSS d ACGS [waiting for score]
NC 49 d BSHS 16
GT 27 d BCC 22
IGS 25 d BGS 21
TGS Bye

The correct score in Nudgee v State High was 48-28. Nudgee never in danger, James controlled the game early, Tuttle a couple of tries early in second half before he was taken off.
Also TGS 38 Downlands 8 - three quick tries in 10 mins mid game and it was good as over.

B

BBC-PRIDE

Lucky i went down to Ipswich this afternoon and not Miskin as I heard the refs there had a shocker as they always do against BBC.
On another note, the atmosphere down at Ippy was just like the olden schooldays and the quality of play was remarkable. Ipswich's #9, #10 and #12 were the main reason that Ipswich were able to shut down Greene and the BGS backline to limited ball and opportunities. Both forward packs were well drilled, but Ipswich just showcased more heart down the stretch.
The man of the match is nobrainer as IGS's #13 had two outstanding tries that eventually proved pivotal in the 25-21 win. Also special mention should go out to Greene(BGS), BGS #13, IGS #8, Aaron Pleash (IGS), Daniel Preen(IGS), IGS #3 and BGS #1 and #6 for outstanding performances.
Look for Ipswich to keep on raising eyebrowls and for BGS to bounce back from this heartbreaker.
What a season this is turning out to be...

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
unbelievable round really... Did anyone get four from four? I could only manage two... There has been a new favourite to win this competition every week.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Lakehm wrecked....he needs to stay on longer though. I reckon I would give the Player of the match to Josh Birch. He was outstanding all match.

Status
Not open for further replies.