• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Schooled

State high haven't won a game, and there coach has just dropped, vai, Agresta , tai, and their outside centre.

Through sources, I think you'll find a significant amount of first fifteen players are playing seconds for this weekend ( I have only watched four of State Highs games this year )
Simon Ti - Plays in the centres, constantly gains advantage line what more could you want from your centre? also makes his tackles
Josh L'hota - The leading try scorer for the firsts seems to be the only person who can cross the line consistently - it'll be interesting to see if they'll be able to score without kicking.
Joseph Agresta - Not too much on this bloke, haven't gotten to see him play, I hear he's a good fullback just isn't receiving a chance.
Patrick Fortescue - In form flanker from what I've seen, not sure to why he would be dropped appears to be one of the only forwards from State High playing good rugby week-in week-out, Good running game, makes tackles, steals balls
Vai Fitisemanu - Hard ball runner and very solid in defence usually plays second row for the first seems to me as out of position - Don't see why you would drop such an impact player especially when the State High have the smallest team already, will significantly make the BSHS pack weaker.
Lindsay Ward - Never seen him play heard he was 16A's captain last year returning from injury

The State High coach is the worst in the competition, as already confirmed earlier in this thread. All season the team changes each week, and it's hard from the sideline to work out who's playing where and the logic of selections. Also, 6 or 7 year elevens are starting for BSHS this week in a game which could easily be won, with there best side. I can't help but to feel sorry for the boys with a team ruined by the coach. I've been told by seconds players that this age group has never lost more then 3 games in a season. He should put the players in mind and not himself.

morelando bloom

Peter Burge (5)
Hello all, it's been a while since I have posted since I've been busy practicing for my P's test (which, by the way, I passed with flying colours!).
Anyway its that time of the week, the time for the OFFICIAL Morelando Bloom tips. That's right ladies and gentlemen, all other tips are just cheap rip offs.
BGS vs ACGS
Let's face it, Grammar are good, Churchie are crap. Grammar by 20.
TGS vs TSS
The first of the title elimination games, down on the coast. Just because its on the coast I tip TSS by three, could easily go either way depending on how Jonah Placid plays.
NC vs IGS
In this humble P-plater's opinion, the game to decide the premiership. Both forward packs are big and busy, however I'd give the slightest of edges to Nudgee. Backs are a definite advantage to Nudgee, with Tuttle calling the shots and Paddy James playing some of the best footy in the comp.
BSHS vs GT
Finally, the match I will be attending, and yes ladies and gentlemen, I will be driving there by myself. Both teams appear to have had some changes after disappointing starts to the season, with two surprising changes to the Terrace XV - #15 Given and #1 Harlow are in the 2's for this week, replaced by the Year 11 dynamic duo, Nat Kasch (Harlow) and Conor Harvey (Given). Also the injury to Heenan is a big loss for Terrace. However State High also have bulk changes and have been, from all accounts, appalling this season, Terrace by two tries.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
TGS to roll TSS this week. I reckon the confidence from their win last week will get them over the line.
Similarly, IGS loosing and from what I read never controlling the game last weekend will work against them. Nudgee to clean them up.

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
All I'm saying is that terrace are a rubbish team. They have nothing on the big guns and I reckon state high will pip them.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
All I'm saying is that terrace are a rubbish team. They have nothing on the big guns and I reckon state high will pip them.

It could go either way in my opinion, these two and Churchie are by far the three worst teams in the competition right now. BSHS have a very proud rugby history so expect them to chance their arm with a few uncovered talents, maybe this time next year we will be talking about another potential CFS.

As for your first sentence, surely you are just trolling. Terrace are not a premiership side but they are far from rubbish. I had my doubts about them after last years performance but you can't deny they look a much better team this year. Thankfully, now they have belief, something that's been holding them back for the past few years IMO.

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
tss vs tgs.png

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
Third out is fairly significant, but Gibson stepped up against State High although this will be a far tougher challenge. Perrin returns while Brown drops back to the 16A's.

I hope for Brisbane Grammar's sake that they don't underestimate Churchie - they are due. Likewise to Terrace against State High, but Nudgee v. IGS should be a ripper.

U

Usain Bolt

It could go either way in my opinion, these two and Churchie are by far the three worst teams in the competition right now. BSHS have a very proud rugby history so expect them to chance their arm with a few uncovered talents, maybe this time next year we will be talking about another potential CFS.

As for your first sentence, surely you are just trolling. Terrace are not a premiership side but they are far from rubbish. I had my doubts about them after last years performance but you can't deny they look a much better team this year. Thankfully, now they have belief, something that's been holding them back for the past few years IMO.
There is nothing to uncover at BSHS. The U16's are small and unremarkable. This week's BSHS first XV line up strongly resembles the Sunnybank U16 team that played Taylor Bridge in the U17 club grand final. The TB team in that game were largely the BSHS grade 12's not deemed worthy to play first XV rugby. TB of course easily won the club grand final. GT by 20.

G

GPS fan

There is nothing to uncover at BSHS. The U16's are small and unremarkable. This week's BSHS first XV line up strongly resembles the Sunnybank U16 team that played Taylor Bridge in the U17 club grand final. The TB team in that game were largely the BSHS grade 12's not deemed worthy to play first XV rugby. TB of course easily won the club grand final. GT by 20.

Is anybody able to provide some details on the BSHS coach? Why is he making the decisions he is?

U

Usain Bolt

Sione Fukafuka. Took over from Noon and Eagle last year. Apparently last year's Firsts largely ignored him and did their own thing. He decided to stamp his own brand of madness on this years firsts. A PE teacher at BSHS. Played a bit at Souths. Coached Souths prem colts to the wooden spoon two years in a row. Coached 14A's at BSHS 3 years ago. Other than that no coaching experience--obviously. Has given up on this years team and thinks he is grooming some team for next year. You couldn't let him coach again and my sources tell me he won't be anywhere near a rugby team next year.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
There is nothing to uncover at BSHS. The U16's are small and unremarkable.

I think this age group at BSHS has underperformed over the years. They lost more than they won last year in u15. I thought this year they were going okay. There are some talented players here who i have seen do some remarkable stuff on the field but they do not seem to gel as a team unless the forwards dominate (which can be a hit or a miss).

This BSHS v GT game may just be a preview of next years game with more than half of each team being u16.

I saw Jack Martin's name mentioned in an earlier post. It is a shame the school has such a talent in its ranks and he is plying his trade elsewhere.

morelando bloom

Peter Burge (5)
It could go either way in my opinion, these two and Churchie are by far the three worst teams in the competition right now.
I hope you aren't referring to Terrace as one of the three worst teams in the competition, considering they beat BBC, who pummeled State High and drew with Churchie. They're the sixth best team in the comp, fourth worst.

U

Usain Bolt

As an U15 age group they were terrible and not much has changed. The BSHS U16's from last year were handy finishing 3rd just losing to TSS and Churchie by a few points. They had a good bond from U13. What they lacked in talent they made up for by being a close team that played a lot of footy together. That unfortunately has been destroyed. Jack Martin was told last year his services would not be required. How the starting #10 for Brothers prem colts (which comprises a number of NC first players from the last 2 years and is captained by GT old boy and Aussie school boy Jack Bridges) can't make the worst team in the GPS competition is amazing. Ironically Jack came over to BSHS from BGS in grade 10. I don't think BGS would have let him go to Brothers and BGS could win the comp.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I hope you aren't referring to Terrace as one of the three worst teams in the competition, considering they beat BBC, who pummeled State High and drew with Churchie. They're the sixth best team in the comp, fourth worst.

The table suggests otherwise, mate.

C

Chicka red

Light, your comments may valid with the table standings. Having seen all GT games to date they were in the game against IGS & TGS and a couple of wrong options cost them dearly in very close contests. Last week they played poorly against a very good NC side & towards the end fell apart defensivly, They do deserve some credit as they have come come along way from last year where they had no training grounds & had to cram all their teams in at ballymore 2 ovals for training with some A teams training on a winters morning before sunrise. I wonder how other schools may have faired if they lost there home ground & had limited time on the training paddock.
I think at times other non GT supporters dont realise what a serious disadvantage the school had in the 2011 year & the overall affect it had on their Rugby program.
They are now back on Tennyson & have made considerable progress from 2011 with far better preparation.
With the 1st XV they have a few under 16's & in fact there 2 best players so far has been the #7 & #12 both still eligible for 16's. Perhaps if they imported some outstanding players like BBC TGS & BGS have done over the last 2 years year they would be clearly near the top of the table.

G

GPS fan

Light, your comments may valid with the table standings. Having seen all GT games to date they were in the game against IGS & TGS and a couple of wrong options cost them dearly in very close contests. Last week they played poorly against a very good NC side & towards the end fell apart defensivly, They do deserve some credit as they have come come along way from last year where they had no training grounds & had to cram all their teams in at ballymore 2 ovals for training with some A teams training on a winters morning before sunrise. I wonder how other schools may have faired if they lost there home ground & had limited time on the training paddock.
I think at times other non GT supporters dont realise what a serious disadvantage the school had in the 2011 year & the overall affect it had on their Rugby program.
They are now back on Tennyson & have made considerable progress from 2011 with far better preparation.
With the 1st XV they have a few under 16's & in fact there 2 best players so far has been the #7 & #12 both still eligible for 16's. Perhaps if they imported some outstanding players like BBC TGS & BGS have done over the last 2 years year they would be clearly near the top of the table.

Altogether now for GT..........aaawwwww you poor things, there there.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)

BBC not in that list? I accept that when they have their injured players back they will be better, but surely you could group them with churchie (draw), BSHS (Win) and terrace (loss)?

Status
Not open for further replies.