• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

morelando bloom

Peter Burge (5)
Grand Final match-ups

1.Blackhurst - 1.Postal
2.Harper - 2.Mafi
3.Fatseas - 3.Wessels
4.Muller - 4.Fordyce
5.Cox - 5.Speldewinde
7.Morrey - 7.Fitzgerald
8.Cornelsen - 8.Sikimeti
9.Burke - 9.Tweedy
10.Greene - 10.James
12.Aiono - 12.Tuttle
14.Marsden - 14.Hussey
1. Even
2. NC
3. NC
4. Even
5. Even
6?
7. NC
8. Slightest of edges to BGS. Probably the most intriguing matchup on the park as both are quality players.
9. NC
10. Even - Yes, Paddy James is that underrated.
11. NC
12. NC by a mile
13 ?
14. NC
15. ?

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is complacent the right word? I'd say Jack Tuttle's absence was a major factor in their defeat to Southport. He's so important to the team I'd suggest that if BGS manage to shut him down (and that's a massive if- he's probably one of the two best players in the comp) they'll come away victorious. Both teams are so strong across the board that it will probably come down to how each captain- Tuttle and Greene- perform on the day.

If NC are "so strong across the board" how did Southport beat them? TSS outplayed them on the day and I think NC may have been a bit complacent early in the game and unable to pick up when they discovered they needed to. I know there was a lot of shock at NC when they lost.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
If NC are "so strong across the board" how did Southport beat them? TSS outplayed them on the day and I think NC may have been a bit complacent early in the game and unable to pick up when they discovered they needed to. I know there was a lot of shock at NC when they lost.
TSS beat them because they were a better team. What makes everyone think that NC were simply not as good as TSS. I haven't seen NC play this year but from what I've seen of TSS, they were quite a strong team. Anyone talking about the complacency of NC simply is looking for an excuse.

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
TSS beat them because they were a better team. What makes everyone think that NC were simply not as good as TSS. I haven't seen NC play this year but from what I've seen of TSS, they were quite a strong team. Anyone talking about the complacency of NC simply is looking for an excuse.

That was my point, TSS were too good. I do think NC thought it would be an easy kill but quickly realised it was not going to be. I was there and have seen every game TSS have played and they are a very good team. The combination of Third or Gibson at 10, Vince Cooney and Nili Fieluea in the centres have been a formidable opposition to other teams all year. TSS did start the season a bit slowly and only a couple of lapses late saw them lose to BGS. i am yet to be convinced that Tuttle would have been the difference in that particular game .He is good but TSS were very good on the day.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
1. Big black guy
2. Big black guy
3. Bigger black guy
4. big black guy
5. big black guy
6. big and fit black guy
7. big and fit black guy
8. biggest and fittest black guy
9. little fast black guy
10. Tuttle
11. Fast black guy
12. Faster black guy
13. Fast black guy with good defence
14. Really fast black guy
15. Black guy thats fast and good under the highball.

Youre welcome, Swarley.

That is so so wrong. I can't believe no one has pulled up yoloruggers on this. Tuttle is playing at 12 not 10.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
That was my point, TSS were too good. I do think NC thought it would be an easy kill but quickly realised it was not going to be. I was there and have seen every game TSS have played and they are a very good team. The combination of Third or Gibson at 10, Vince Cooney and Nili Fieluea in the centres have been a formidable opposition to other teams all year. TSS did start the season a bit slowly and only a couple of lapses late saw them lose to BGS. i am yet to be convinced that Tuttle would have been the difference in that particular game .He is good but TSS were very good on the day.

If TSS was so good, why aren't they in the Grand Final.
I was also at the game.
TSS backline enjoyed Jack Tuttle's absence.

E

EYEonGPS

Do we even have confirmation that Radford is out? I've heard nothing all week and I imagine he'll be doing everything possible to make himself available for the decider.
I've heard he has a broken collar bone or he's done his AC- either way he'd be out for numerous weeks.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Do we even have confirmation that Radford is out? I've heard nothing all week and I imagine he'll be doing everything possible to make himself available for the decider.
He has had a sling on for the week so far so and I haven't seen him doing any training with the 1sts. I would rule him out.

A

arniepieinthesky

Had a talk to Radford today, said they are giving him until Friday to prove his fitness, the fracture was not as bad as initially thought

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Expected crowd number for BGS vs NC this weekend?
BGS Head of Rugby is saying that it will be anywhere from 5,000 to 10,000. The BGS Old Boy Association is saying 7,500 and trying to rally old boy support. Word is that NC is saying 8,000. Anyone got an idea about seating arrangements; might be a bit hard to squeeze everybody in.

A

arniepieinthesky

[quote Anyone got an idea about seating arrangements; might be a bit hard to squeeze everybody in.[/quote]

Yeah mate just bring your portable camping chair, great value down at BCF these days, should provide great viewing and comfort
But in all seriousness, I'd say first in best dressed, you are right shall be a squeeze

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
The Nudgee website said this about the game.

The St Joseph’s Nudgee College 1st XV will be aiming for the College’s 40th GPS Rugby Premiership on Saturday when they take on BGS in the ‘Grand Final’.
There are no official Grand Finals in GPS sports, but with Nudgee College and Brisbane Grammar both only falling once this season, this Saturday’s match will determine the 2012 Premiers.
“Both 1st XVs are top of the table going into this final game which is a rare happening,” said Director of Sports and Activities Mr Mark Ensor.
BGS have not won GPS Rugby for 20 years so are expected to bring a large supporter squad, while Nudgee College always has great support with the Year 12 Spirit Committee aiming to "fill the grandstand" for this game.
“This Saturday we see the best attacking team in the competition (Nudgee College) against the best defensive team in the competition (BGS). We are going for three premierships in a row, a feat not achieved at Nudgee College since 1993-1995,” said Mr Ensor.
The 1st XV match commences at 2.05pm on Ross Oval but there will be lots happening at the College throughout the day.
Major sponsors Mercedes Benz will wash the cars (for free) of all Mercedes owners and will VIP park the cars from 10am and the famous NC DrumLine will perform.
Post-match (approximately 3.40pm onwards) everyone is welcome to attend the annual Boarders Bash where local and boarding families come together to share a drink and enjoy the Nudgee College community spirit.
1st XV Coach Mr Anthony Connellan said the team was both excited and confident about Saturday’s match.
“There is a great sense of excitement amongst the team. Opportunities like this don't arise often and against a quality team we will need to be at our best,” he said.
“In saying that, the boys are very confident and can't wait for Saturday. Brisbane Grammar has had a great season and will put a lot of pressure on with their solid defence and very good kicking game.”

Interesting that Nudgee label themselves as the "Best attacking team in the competition".

Status
Not open for further replies.