• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What was lucky about Grammar's premiership last year? I thought they were by far the most skilful and best drilled side.

Of course you do, you support them! but yeah, you aren't wrong and it wasn't a question of luck. Nudgee wasn't too far behind them IMO.

As for this weekend

BGS v BBC
The BBC backs are too quick and will be out for redemption after last weeks shock loss. They have some real fire power in the backrow and I think will dominate the set pieces. BGS will put up a fight, BBC by 10

NC v GT
Hmm. I can't share the same optimism as other posters. GT have plenty of momentum and confidence but Nudgee are coming off a huge win against the premiership favourites. Take the home advantage out of the equation, add a huge crowd and you have all the ingredients for a great match. I'm backing NC to keep rolling toward yet another premiership, GT to try hard but fall short at the end. NC by 15

TSS v BSHS
The boys from the coast will be too strong for this BSHS side that is really struggling for consistency, TSS by 20+

IGS v TGS
Battle for the spoon between two schools that have been well off the pace. Could go either way but I'll back IGS at home by 8

Churchie 2nds to lose against D'lands by 1.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I don't think Grammar where 'lucky' as such in the fixture against BBC last year, but BBC switched off in the crucial last few minutes and conceded three very quick tries to lose that game. Can't see it happening this time

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
IGS v TGS
Battle for the spoon between two schools that have been well off the pace. Could go either way but I'll back IGS at home by 8.

I wouldn't say IGS is off the pace at all. They got beaten solidly by Southport by an equal margin to terrace. They then lost by 2 points to Terrace who are in with a chance to beat Nudgee and maybe win the comp. then they narrowly lost to State High by 4, and beat Brisbane Grammar by 4.

Ipswich have stayed in touch with the competition, and deserve more respect than you've given them in your 8 point prediction.

But who knows? They may lose

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
TheKing

Or maybe you are not giving TGS the respect they deserve?

I thought 8 points was a fairly conservative prediction but let's be honest, there is no real way you can tip either side and be particularly confident. Some of us use statistics and data, while others prefer a more traditional approach and go with what they feel. I'd argue that the best part about this competition is any team can win on any given day and I wouldn't be surprised to see TGS get up.

Let's wait and see what happens.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Final score BBC 46- BGS 17. Noel McLean scored 3 or 4 tries on debut.

I hear Nudgee is up 39-15 with 2 minutes to go

Ipswich leading TGS 17-0 at halftime

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Oh damn, that feels good!.

That is probably the first prediction I have had on the money in the last 3 years. Guess there is a first for everything :)

footylegend101

Frank Row (1)
Nudgee 39 d Terrace 15

Couple of outstanding plays by James Tuttle really set the match up for Nudgee after some brilliant forward play by Alex Mafi. Terrace's number 13 easily their best player, but it appeared the red and black ran out of legs as Nudgee ran away with it in the 2nd half. Very solid crowd, up their with the 'grand final' crowd at Ross last year. NC now with one hand on the premiership cup.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hoping that is not true about TSS against BSHS. That's 60 points to zip in one half of rugby, surely not.

Humble pie for those GT posters who were getting confident after a few good results. Nudgee is a very good side

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
With igs and tgs to come, can't see nudgee losing from here. Bad luck to gt, a spirited effort. The gt rugby program was almost on par with nudgee's today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
With igs and tgs to come, can't see nudgee losing from here. Bad luck to gt, a spirited effort. The gt rugby program was almost on par with nudgee's today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Massive crowd at BBC today for old boys day. I had to park at Toowong village and walk back. BBC won 13A14A15A (still undefeated even with 5 rep players away)16A (upset) 2nds (closer than expected) and 1sts 42-17. It was27zip at halftime. Surprise surprise Noel McLean finally forgiven and scores 4 tries first game back and Nathan Russell 2 tries. If McLean doesn't win GPS 100 again we need an enquiry. His 2nd try he was hemmed in by 3 players and accelerated. Like they were standing still .

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Nudgee 39 d Terrace 15

Couple of outstanding plays by James Tuttle really set the match up for Nudgee after some brilliant forward play by Alex Mafi. Terrace's number 13 easily their best player, but it appeared the red and black ran out of legs as Nudgee ran away with it in the 2nd half. Very solid crowd, up their with the 'grand final' crowd at Ross last year. NC now with one hand on the premiership cup.

Very Accurate summary of the match. I thought the Nudgee centre pairing were outstanding and consistantly broke the terrace line.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Of course you do, you support them! but yeah, you aren't wrong and it wasn't a question of luck. Nudgee wasn't too far behind them IMO.

As for this weekend

BGS v BBC
The BBC backs are too quick and will be out for redemption after last weeks shock loss. They have some real fire power in the backrow and I think will dominate the set pieces. BGS will put up a fight, BBC by 10

NC v GT
Hmm. I can't share the same optimism as other posters. GT have plenty of momentum and confidence but Nudgee are coming off a huge win against the premiership favourites. Take the home advantage out of the equation, add a huge crowd and you have all the ingredients for a great match. I'm backing NC to keep rolling toward yet another premiership, GT to try hard but fall short at the end. NC by 15

TSS v BSHS
The boys from the coast will be too strong for this BSHS side that is really struggling for consistency, TSS by 20+

IGS v TGS
Battle for the spoon between two schools that have been well off the pace. Could go either way but I'll back IGS at home by 8

Churchie 2nds to lose against D'lands by 1.

Good call Light on BBC v BGS match.BBC backs ran riot .too big and fast . Nathan Russell again best player on field. His brother in13A s may be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.