• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
Round 6:

TGS V TSS
The boys from Southport go up the hill to put themselves in a position to pounce if Nudgee falter. The farmers have been less than good this year and it would seem the best thing coming out of TGS rugby in 2013 are the Bacon & Egg sandwiches (but they are bloody good). I imagine the halftime margin will be ten or less, but TSS will be coming home faster than a Kiwi Tradie (with an AB sticker on his ute), heading back down the Goldie on a Friday afternoon.

BGS V Churchie
The battle of the parking attendants this week. They are the only 2 schools in the GPS who treat where you park your European car more seriously than the rugby. Let's just hope the weather is chilly enough so all the dads can wear those stupid sleeveless parkas while they stand on the sidelines. Churchie to win the rugby, but Grammar's parking attendants will get up in a points decision.

GT V BSHS
The Red Black will be smarting after not living up to their own hype last week. They can play good rugby and Horan, who I believe plays with a headset rigged up to his dad and the entire Fox Sports Commentary team, should be able to outsmart the State High outfit, who will be flat out finding the change rooms on arrival. But don't be surprised if this is closer than you think.

IGS V NC
This is the choke hold game of the season. The one no one saw coming. The UFC, corner of the net blood bath. Nudgee don't want to think about this too much or they could find themselves booted from the top of the table quicker than a dodgy acrobat troop off the X-factor. I'm tipping the Ippy Lads to cause the cardiac arrest of the season...lets hope it's not too high scoring because getting someone to man that scoreboard up there is always a tough ask...

The chirpy BBC supporters can take the week off and warm up for their carry on next week...

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
What a fantastic team. Obviously I can only comment on the GPS players amongst them, but I imagine a team looking anything like this could threaten at the championships.

I've picked Reece Hewatt, Dean Bender and Tyrone Southron out of position, but I had to juggle to fit the good (GPS) players on the pitch.

With halfbacks, I though Pilz played well in the first game of the season in wet conditions, and he definitely didn't disappoint against Southport. But I hear he was outplayed when Nudgee played Churchie, and I haven't seen Nucifora play. So it's a marign call

1. Gavin Luka
2. Kyle Leofa Josh Webb
3. Josh Webb Shambeckler Vui (played QLD 2 in U18 nationals)
4. Angus Scott-Young
5. Darcy Swain
6. Connor Moroney Kyle Leofa
7. Jackson Evans Connor Moroney
8. Reece Hewatt
9. Eli Pilz/Harry Nucifora
10. Alex Horan
11. Tuaina Tualima Tyrone Southorn
12. Calvin Pritchard
13. Izaia Perese
14. Dean Bender
15. Tyrone Southron Clifton Setu[/quote]

Ashely Davidson

Frank Row (1)
Final Team List For NC First XV

Nudgee College 1st XV VS IGS 1st XV, Round 7
1.Harry Fletcher (potential future Brisbane Bronco)
2.Alex Mafi
3.Matt Gibbon
4.Reece Hewatt
5.Jackson Evans
6.Nick Jefferies
7.Jayden Rodwell
8.Ben Wilken (Coming Back From 1 year Knee Injury, real superstar of the future)
9. Eli Pilz
10.Maclean Jones (Huge Decision for the NC coaches, but very experienced player)
11.Tyrone Hussey
12.Campbell Magnay
13.Calvin Pritchard
14.Mitchell Frearson (Real playmaker, although schoolboy carreer has been littered with injuries, thus starting on the wing)
15. Richard Aisti

Bench:
Hugo Fraser(uprising young star), Paulo Leleisuao, Joel Hagan, Riley Brennan, Jordan Swespon(returning from long break away from rugby union)

Injuries:
James Tuttle( Hamstring strains)
Gavin Luka (Staph infection)
Jamie Deshon( Achillies Ruptured)
Aran Speldewinde (wrist Injury)

Comments: Huge Amount of Injuires in the Nudgee training camp this week, thus creating a very young and unexperienced side. However the return of people such as Ben Wilken, Mitchell Frearson and Harry Fletcher (all Debuting) will very much add a spice to the NC side when going up against IGS.

Players to Watch:
Ben Wilken
Maclean Jones (at 10)
Eli Pilz (New QLD player)
Mitchell Frearson( Devastating in Defence)

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
Final Team List For NC First XV

Nudgee College 1st XV VS IGS 1st XV, Round 7
1.Harry Fletcher (potential future Brisbane Bronco)
2.Alex Mafi
3.Matt Gibbon
4.Reece Hewatt
5.Jackson Evans
6.Nick Jefferies
7.Jayden Rodwell
8.Ben Wilken (Coming Back From 1 year Knee Injury, real superstar of the future)
9. Eli Pilz
10.Maclean Jones (Huge Decision for the NC coaches, but very experienced player)
11.Tyrone Hussey
12.Campbell Magnay
13.Calvin Pritchard
14.Mitchell Frearson (Real playmaker, although schoolboy carreer has been littered with injuries, thus starting on the wing)
15. Richard Aisti

Bench:
Hugo Fraser(uprising young star), Paulo Leleisuao, Joel Hagan, Riley Brennan, Jordan Swespon(returning from long break away from rugby union)

Injuries:
James Tuttle( Hamstring strains)
Gavin Luka (Staph infection)
Jamie Deshon( Achillies Ruptured)
Aran Speldewinde (wrist Injury)

Comments: Huge Amount of Injuires in the Nudgee training camp this week, thus creating a very young and unexperienced side. However the return of people such as Ben Wilken, Mitchell Frearson and Harry Fletcher (all Debuting) will very much add a spice to the NC side when going up against IGS.

Players to Watch:
Ben Wilken
Maclean Jones (at 10)
Eli Pilz (New QLD player)
Mitchell Frearson( Devastating in Defence)
Troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
Regarding the Under 16 selection I'd defiantly leave Webb at hooker; he hasn't played a whole lot of prop before and is good there anyway.

Tips:
NC d IGS by 25
GT d BSHS by 18
Churchie d BGS by 7
TSS d TGS by 40+

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What has happened to Aaron Speldewinde (NC) this year? I thought he was a pretty good player last year and would be a consistent feature in the 1st XV.

Regardless, interesting QLD U16 team. Dominated by GPS players. Agree with most of the selections made above but would definitely have Webb at hooker instead of prop, he does tend to struggle getting the ball straight in the line out from time to time so may get trumped anyway.

Interesting 9's. The way I look at it, Pilz has been very quiet behind a dominant NC forward pack which suggests that he is either a) not that good, or b) lacking the confidence this year. Seen him play before and he's a very solid player but his match against Churchie was a shambles. Nucifora on the other hand has been behind a struggling pack and still very noticeable, his goal kicking also adds strength to his resume.

Jason Gilmore as coach definitely helps both the ACGS boys.

Is Josvyn the captain? Just curious as to why his name is at the top of the list and the rest are alphabetical.

Also, Setu will be #15 if form is anything to go by, a villa mate of mine said he is one to watch and was a star in the AIC.

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
What has happened to Aaron Speldewinde (NC) this year? I thought he was a pretty good player last year and would be a consistent feature in the 1st XV.

He's played all year for Nudgee and has had a pretty good year. His strength has always been his defence and regularly won the teams 'top tackler award last year. I noted during the Nudgee Terrace game I didn't see him as much as of him as usual and it's been the same as other rounds. I'd say it's more the fact that he's playing in a pack featuring Mafi, Rodwell and Jones, all of which are tackling machines so it is harder for him to stand out.

The King

Stan Wickham (3)
-*******BREaKING NEWS********-
Brisbane State High School will be without star number 10 for this weekend. Jake has been seen around school in a moonboot with a fractured foot. No way that he can take the field tomorrow. Jake has been a shinning light for state high this year with both of his defense and offense being among some of the best in the comp. Interesting to see who will take his place. Andre Clarke may be taking his place.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Surely they will advertise . Considering the state of their program a new influence would be welcomed. The 16a results of bSHS are very ordinary and from a reliable source over that way the players aren't even turning up to some training due to a number if reasons . Does that point to coach player relations or the program itself???
"Considering the state of their program a new influence would be welcomed. "

Have enjoyed watching that exciting ,freewheeling style of BSHS rugby over a number of years.Have real concerns about the program given they are only fielding around 12 reams a week and IGS not much better: while their football and basketball programs get stronger.That cannot be good for the comp.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Tips for this weekend.

NC v IGS.
IGS will have more teeth but NC will have more tatts. Interesting effort to find a parking spot with all of the Taragos on Grammar School Hill. NC hate playing there and IGS have a way of spoiling things if you are not on your game. IGS in a last minute boilover.
TSS v TGS
Inconsistent season from TGS, ripe for the picking by TSS. On the sidelines, RM Williams meets Lorna Jane for the mums and Ruthven St Cowboys meets Ed Hardy with a peptide and spray tan chaser for the dads. TSS by lots.
GT v BSHS
GT to continue their resurgence. The BSHS crowd, wearing an unironed school shirt hanging out at the back, socks down and Vans skate shoes to lose interst by halftime. GT by 15
BGS v ACGS
ACGS has been highly entertaining but inconsistent. BGS has been highly disappointing but on that big weird field all sorts of things can happen. Churchie to win but not by as much as they'd like. An interesting sideline activity could be with a shot glass and beverage of choice. From kickoff, walk the crowd and Down a shot every time you see a Polo Ralph Lauren motif. Try to blow below 0.350 by halftime.
BBC - bye
After all the Old Boys reunions last week, Toowong Village has only just replenished its Vaseline stocks.

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
Tips for this weekend.

NC v IGS.
IGS will have more teeth but NC will have more tatts. Interesting effort to find a parking spot with all of the Taragos on Grammar School Hill. NC hate playing there and IGS have a way of spoiling things if you are not on your game. IGS in a last minute boilover.
TSS v TGS
Inconsistent season from TGS, ripe for the picking by TSS. On the sidelines, RM Williams meets Lorna Jane for the mums and Ruthven St Cowboys meets Ed Hardy with a peptide and spray tan chaser for the dads. TSS by lots.
GT v BSHS
GT to continue their resurgence. The BSHS crowd, wearing an unironed school shirt hanging out at the back, socks down and Vans skate shoes to lose interst by halftime. GT by 15
BGS v ACGS
ACGS has been highly entertaining but inconsistent. BGS has been highly disappointing but on that big weird field all sorts of things can happen. Churchie to win but not by as much as they'd like. An interesting sideline activity could be with a shot glass and beverage of choice. From kickoff, walk the crowd and Down a shot every time you see a Polo Ralph Lauren motif. Try to blow below 0.350 by halftime.
BBC - bye
After all the Old Boys reunions last week, Toowong Village has only just replenished its Vaseline stocks.

That was awesome.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
GT Firsts/ Opens teams

ScreenHunter_003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.