• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groundwork

Frank Row (1)
I found myself down at Souths on the weekend and watched a sunny bank team play, in that team was no.1 Robbie green (GT), no. 8 Daniel Sitanilei (GT) and new recruit no.13/15 nikau te-rupe (GT) who all had absolutely outstanding games of rugby, and have shown much maturity and progression in their games from 2012. With other recruits kyle leofa (who featured in the newspaper a few days back) and Isiah grace (who I haven't heard much about at all) and also more than experienced players from 2012 Toby Mcnamee (7) Ben Laxon (4) Angus Fowler (9) Kris Lerosa (12) Joe Jenkins (14) I predict a top 3 finish for GT this year and very strong premiership contenders. As well as potential stars Alex horan (10) who is in grade 11, and gun flanker Connor Moroney (grade 11).

Finally it is good to see a strong and formidable GT team with good depth in our sights, should be a cracker of a season.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
why would they lie about injuries so far away from the season? :/

I was at the volleyball premiership decider on Saturday and
saw Lakehm, Laud, Marsden and Forsyth.
No one walking around in crutches or plaster.
Coach Emtage and Gardner were all smiles as BGS won 11th
consecutive volleyball premiership.
Awesome record

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
I found myself down at Souths on the weekend and watched a sunny bank team play, in that team was no.1 Robbie green (GT), no. 8 Daniel Sitanilei (GT) and new recruit no.13/15 nikau te-rupe (GT) who all had absolutely outstanding games of rugby, and have shown much maturity and progression in their games from 2012. With other recruits kyle leofa (who featured in the newspaper a few days back) and Isiah grace (who I haven't heard much about at all) and also more than experienced players from 2012 Toby Mcnamee (7) Ben Laxon (4) Angus Fowler (9) Kris Lerosa (12) Joe Jenkins (14) I predict a top 3 finish for GT this year and very strong premiership contenders. As well as potential stars Alex horan (10) who is in grade 11, and gun flanker Connor Moroney (grade 11).

Finally it is good to see a strong and formidable GT team with good depth in our sights, should be a cracker of a season.
I was at the same game and watched Souths beat that Sunnybank team. Souths have several boys from BSH. While Sitanilei played his usual strong running game for Sunnybank, scoring off the back of the scrum, Green was unsighted. On the other hand BSH boys who stood out in a winning performance for South were James, who dominated the lineouts, Pannocinni on the wing, Strachan at 10, Mclean in the forwards and the fullback, name eludes me. It is already apparrent that within the U17 Club competition this year, most of the dominant players are from BSH, playing for Sunnybank or Souths. It amuses me that most of the posts in this forum have have already dismissed BSH as a contender on the basis of last years effort.

Ipswichtilldeath

Frank Row (1)
I believe both sunnybank teams are playing eachother after the holidays both teams have loads of talent and one of them consist mostly of u16 and is at the top of the ladder.
Gps player in the u16 team is GT:Kyle Leofa,Isaiah Grace IGS:Mark Broadhead, Johann Koorts, Josvyn Sokimi BBC: Lucas Palmer TSS: Tyler Campbell BSHS: Enoka Kalapu, Liam Mcnamara, Tuaina Tualima

Gps players in the u17 team is: GT: Robbie Green, Daniel Sitanilei, Nikau Te-rupe BSHS: Antoine Iosefa, Antonio Asiata

This game will be a good game to watch to study the new imports and the improvements of last years first players.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe both sunnybank teams are playing eachother after the holidays both teams have loads of talent and one of them consist mostly of u16 and is at the top of the ladder.
Gps player in the u16 team is GT:Kyle Leofa,Isaiah Grace IGS:Mark Broadhead, Johann Koorts, Josvyn Sokimi BBC: Lucas Palmer TSS: Tyler Campbell BSHS: Enoka Kalapu, Liam Mcnamara, Tuaina Tualima

Gps players in the u17 team is: GT: Robbie Green, Daniel Sitanilei, Nikau Te-rupe BSHS: Antoine Iosefa, Antonio Asiata

This game will be a good game to watch to study the new imports and the improvements of last years first players.
Other BSH players in Sunnybank, Liki, Alister Berking, while South have no fewer than 10 boys from BSH

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
My favourites for the premiership is Nudgee. This age group at NC was unstoppable from u13 to u15. I think only one team went close to beating them in only one match over those three years And then around half a dozen or more of the team when they were u16 played in Firsts last year and went within a whisker of the Premiership.

Hagen's non appearance will not be a great loss.

The only question I have is around who will be their playmaker. They have got away with dominating all facets so much they never had anyone controlling or dictating the play and when all teams get more competitive, this may be a crucial gap in the armory.

Agree. Nudgee do not have playmaker.
That's why I have TSS as hot favourites.
Mitch Third will be the difference this year.
Does anyone know who will be flyhalf for BGS?

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
State high should have a real good team with all their potential first fifteen players in my opinion playing club rugby. Antoine Iosefa, Antonio Asiata and Alister Berking playing u17 sunny bank team and Enoka Kalapu playing for the u16 sunny bank team, the rest of there players will come from souths. Souths also just beat competition favorites sunny bank so don't expect the state high boys to be a walk in the park like last year

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)

There is a young (Fijian) boy playing in the U16 Sunnybank team. He had an outstanding game against South and in my opinion was the best on the ground and the difference between the 2 teams. I think his name is Masi (?). He is quite tall and agile, dominated the lineouts and consistently broke the advantage line. I would be extremely surprised if none of the GPS schools have picked this boy up.

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree. Nudgee do not have playmaker.
That's why I have TSS as hot favourites.
Mitch Third will be the difference this year.
Does anyone know who will be flyhalf for BGS?
Spot on. Mitch Third will be a big asset to TSS this year and has very good backs around him. Isaac Nathan was a very damaging player when in the 13,14 and 15 age group at centre and sometimes fullback. If he played centre with Filaea, a damaging runner on the wing TSS would be hard to stop out wide.

Ipswichtilldeath

Frank Row (1)
State high should have a real good team with all their potential first fifteen players in my opinion playing club rugby. Antoine Iosefa, Antonio Asiata and Alister Berking playing u17 sunny bank team and Enoka Kalapu playing for the u16 sunny bank team, the rest of there players will come from souths. Souths also just beat competition favorites sunny bank so don't expect the state high boys to be a walk in the park like last year
The u16 sunnybank team beat this souths team so at the moment they're at the top of the ladder

Ipswichtilldeath

Frank Row (1)
There is a young (Fijian) boy playing in the U16 Sunnybank team. He had an outstanding game against South and in my opinion was the best on the ground and the difference between the 2 teams. I think his name is Masi (?). He is quite tall and agile, dominated the lineouts and consistently broke the advantage line. I would be extremely surprised if none of the GPS schools have picked this boy up.
Masi is a fantastic player he plays with alot of heart. Wouldnt mind having him at igs

chisolm

Bob McCowan (2)
Because 99% of GT and BGS kids on here are trolls. The earlier troll by trust worthy posters from BGS that Lakehm wasn't repeating fooled us all. I agree that these BGS injuries are trolls. Trying to throw everyone off
Your time is up IppyLad. With your new season at Padua coming up you have better things to think about...

Bret Harris

Frank Row (1)
Good to see the lads at Toowong have picked up the best talent GPS has seen in over a decade. This Sonny Bill- Greg Inglis hybrid should certainly fill the gap created by Lolo's sudden departure. Exciting times ahead.

Groundwork

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone know from Terrace who the outside centre, fullbacks or wings are most likely going to be?

Here are a list of names that have a good chance for getting the 13, 14,11 and 15.

13/15 - nikau te-rerupe, Connor harvey, isaiah grace
11/14 - Joe Jenkins, Connor Harvey, jack lodder (grade 11 - injured most of year 10 rugby however key player and gun athlete in 100m, 200m)

Terrace coach Gibb has a lot of thinking to do. If he makes the decision to put Alex Horan into fly half then the back line will most likely be

9 - fowler, 10 Horan, 11 Jenkins, 12, Lerosa, 13 Nikau, 14 Harvey/Lodder 15, Isaiah Grace.

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
Here are a list of names that have a good chance for getting the 13, 14,11 and 15.

13/15 - nikau te-rerupe, Connor harvey, isaiah grace
11/14 - Joe Jenkins, Connor Harvey, jack lodder (grade 11 - injured most of year 10 rugby however key player and gun athlete in 100m, 200m)

Terrace coach Gibb has a lot of thinking to do. If he makes the decision to put Alex Horan into fly half then the back line will most likely be

9 - fowler, 10 Horan, 11 Jenkins, 12, Lerosa, 13 Nikau, 14 Harvey/Lodder 15, Isaiah Grace.
how about partridge?

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good to see the lads at Toowong have picked up the best talent GPS has seen in over a decade. This Sonny Bill- Greg Inglis hybrid should certainly fill the gap created by Lolo's sudden departure. Exciting times ahead.
What's the name of this Sonny Bill/Inglis hybrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.