• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
BBC team list, that played and beat TGS yesterday (32-14)

1. Benroy Sala
2. Brad Saunders
3. luke Peterson
4. Dyland Leyland
5. Darcy Swain
6. Kareem Tuuga
7. Christian Maluala
8. Bronson Takipulia
9. Max Dempsey
10. Nathan Russell
11. Sam Edwards
12. Conrad Quick
13. Tiaan Wilkins
14. Jerumi Nanai
15. Josh Bowen

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
BBC team list, that played and beat TGS yesterday (32-14)

1. Benroy Sala
2. Brad Saunders
3. luke Peterson
4. Dyland Leyland
5. Darcy Swain
6. Kareem Tuuga
7. Christian Maluala
8. Bronson Takipulia
9. Max Dempsey
10. Nathan Russell
11. Sam Edwards
12. Conrad Quick
13. Tiaan Wilkins
14. Jerumi Nanai
15. Josh Bowen

Interesting to see Noel McLean playing in the seconds. Injury/poor form perhaps?

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Interesting to see Noel McLean playing in the seconds. Injury/poor form perhaps?

I would say barker put him out purely because he was out played by Nanai and Edwards, but a possible debut back in the team for Nanai, wouldn't say it is defiant though that he will be in at all

Black Caviar

Stan Wickham (3)
Traveled up the range on saturday to witness the boys from Toowong take on Toowoomba. Apparently the theme at the school during the week was TAKE OVER TOOWOOMBA. And boy did they do that. Those on here saying that it was TGS that were weak and not BBC that were strong are kidding themselves. BBC showed some gritty defence and Toowoomba didnt break through there backline the whole game. Toowoombas 12 Harry Wathen was shut down completely. Josh Bowen produced a man of the match performance with a 70 metre chip and chase try. I still think hes a much better fullback than Adrian Henley-St peters fullback who made Aus schoolboys. Bronson Tauakipulu also proved why he is captain with more aggression than any other forward.

My Prediction for this Coming Weekend

TSS v IGS (TSS by 10)
NC v BBC (BBC by 3)
ACGS v TGS (draw)
BSHS v BGS (BGS by 12)

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
I know its early in the season - but that is a pretty impressive turnaround across all age groups winning 13s, 14s, 15s and seconds, and many of the Bs and Cs - last year, in the final round, BBC didn't win a game against TGS.
Phillpotts has all teams playing the same way and has hand picked 3 level 3 coaches plus Phil White (souths A grade coach) oversees all forward training. Just like BGS did- they are trying to fill the boarding house up>>a Even seen Big Glen the brick Lazarus doing defence work> A n
umber of day boys in the 1sts boarding this term.-

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
I'm not totally convinced BBC have the depth.
Wait till one of the backline stars gets injured.
A Champion team will always beat a team of Champions.
For eg. QLD state of origin team.
Correct.Depth is still an issue but surely they cannot have as many injuries as last year.That was ridiculous.

redatheart

Frank Nicholson (4)
Agree. Alex Mafi must lead by example. He was very lazy today.
Attitude needs to change, starting next week against BBC

I managed to watch this game, and thought that BGS were going to get up. Somehow, the yellow card to Mafi was the spark for Nudgee. From that moment, the remaining forwards came alive and started smashing. It was like watching smoldering ashes become raging fire, especially as BGS tired. Good come from behind victory.

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
Put Bronson at hooker to aim up against Mafi?
Mafi didn't seem to be too much of a threat against BGS. His ball running wasn't as dominant as usual. the NC scrum also appeared to be dominated by a much smaller BGS pack. This team is beatable and I wouldn't write off BBC of causing an upset.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
Anyone know the 16A and 15A TGS v BBC results?

Only heard the 15As ... BBC 22 d TGS 20. I bit of an improvement on the last game last season where TGS 66 beat BBC 5 in the 14As. Not sure how indicative the results will prove to be given the players probably needed scuba gear more than boots.

Hits74

Frank Nicholson (4)
By all accounts of those who attended the BGS and NC game also shows that if a poor NC team can still beat a very good BGS team then we are yet to see their best. I see that GT went down to TSS almost the same score as NC beat them last week. Well done to BSHS but Churchie are going to be hard to beat from here on. IMO the competition this year won't be easy for the top schools with a few upsets along the way.

tripod

Stan Wickham (3)
Mafi didn't seem to be too much of a threat against BGS. His ball running wasn't as dominant as usual. the NC scrum also appeared to be dominated by a much smaller BGS pack. This team is beatable and I wouldn't write off BBC of causing an upset.
Bit harsh on Mafi. There are underlying factors that may be affecting some kids that can influence a game, injury or maybe the flu. Give them a go we've only had one round.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Conrad quick out with an shoulder injury for 3 weeks
Tiaan Wilkins out for 1 weeks with a chest injury

looks like bbc will struggle this week

Status
Not open for further replies.