• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

terraceoldboy

Bob McCowan (2)
BSHS starting 1st XV for this week:
1 - Jay heric
2 - jayden whitting
3 - enoka
4 - dalton newell
5 - Geroge james
6 - daniel caranese
7 - Zoltan
8 - Casper webb
9 - blake ford (last game for state high, as he is moving to TERRACE)
10 - Matthew dennet
11 - Antoine Isefo
12 - Jake strachan
13 - antonio Asiata
14 - tyrone southorn
15 - jim henjack

the coach has made some serious changes in both backs and fowards for this weeks match againt TSS.

Statehigh4life

Frank Row (1)
1 - Jay heric
2 - jayden whitting
3 - enoka
4 - dalton newell
5 - Geroge james
6 - daniel caranese
7 - Zoltan
8 - Casper webb
10 - Matthew dennet
11 - Antoine Isefo
12 - Jake strachan
13 - antonio Asiata
14 - tyrone southorn
15 - jim henjack

the coach has made some serious changes in both backs and fowards for this weeks match againt TSS.

it would seem that the coach has made a good choice at the halfback position, as Blake ford can bring the X-factor for the back line which state high has been lacking for some time now.

i believe he could be the point of difference to bounce back from the loss to Nudgee this week.

also the addition of Dalton newel should be a driving force for there forward pack. ive seen first hand his strength in the gym

Polar_bear_king

Bob McCowan (2)
1 - Jay heric
2 - jayden whitting
3 - enoka
4 - dalton newell
5 - Geroge james
6 - daniel caranese
7 - Zoltan
8 - Casper webb
10 - Matthew dennet
11 - Antoine Isefo
12 - Jake strachan
13 - antonio Asiata
14 - tyrone southorn
15 - jim henjack

I believe an import that has remained hidden since grade 8 at state high is making his debut? As I understand he is known as "Sahan" and will be packing in at lock for state high this weekend.

he's his player profile:
Name: Sahan
Nickname: THE Sahan, S dog big lifter
Weight: 102kg
Height: 6 ft 7
Rep teams: Sri Lanka under 20's
Junior Reds 30 man squad
State high 1sts Cricket Team
Mirin at snapfitness
full time bodybuilder at state high
Gold Academy

Statehigh4life

Frank Row (1)
i believe that terrace have imported Blake ford from BSHS, and is starting in grade11 at terrace and will have two years of 2nd 15

that will be a devastating loss for state high's firsts. He provides good ball for the back line, putting them on the front foot at all times.

i also know that he has a great rugby mind with plays that will be crushing for the defense

he also could bring a front line defensive game due to his large body, i heard hes bulking and trains intensely in the gym.

Statehigh4life

Frank Row (1)
I believe an import that has remained hidden since grade 8 at state high is making his debut? As I understand he is known as "Sahan" and will be packing in at lock for state high this weekend.

he's his player profile:
Name: Sahan
Nickname: THE Sahan, S dog big lifter
Weight: 102kg
Height: 6 ft 7
Rep teams: Sri Lanka under 20's
Junior Reds 30 man squad
State high 1sts Cricket Team
Mirin at snapfitness
full time bodybuilder at state high
Gold Academy

oh i heard about that guy.
also dalton will be a good addition to the fowards as he is quite quick of the mark and is pretty good at doing backwards bumflicks

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
  • I think we are missing the point that these boys are 13 / 14 yrs old - i have no idea about the number of new kids, scholarships etc and dont care, but i havent seen too many 13 year old boys playing Bs rugby who wouldnt give their right one to have a crack and run on for their school in the As.
Play the game - either as a makeup on a Friday afternoon, or let the boys in the Bs have a crack at their dream of representing their school in the As.

Very true.

I agree that the game must be played, when and where doesn't matter. Maybe even a mid-week game on Jack Ross during a lunch-time? It would definitely give the boys a thrill to have the whole school watching, a spectacle even if it's not exactly practical

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
I noticed that Big game asked a few pages back regarding a live stream of the terrace nudgee, anyone know if this is possible? Currently overseas

terraceoldboy

Bob McCowan (2)
Blake Fords has had a great impact at training destroying the 2nds coach at fursden one afternoon- coach ran it straight and got dropped, blakes a tank.

nah, blake has his moments. hes a bit of an impact player i believe. im pretty sure hes on the bulk for now, and lifts hard. he should have a good season for GT next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.