• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
How does a team or a school forefeit points that don't exist. Despite playful banter and win/loses, there is no premiership in any age group other than First XV. No points, nothing.

There might not be premierships in these age groups, but

a psychological advantage over that team when they meet

next year. :cool:

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Is that in school holidays? Would it be played at lunchtime or after school?
So lets look at this years leading teams ... 13A Nudgee college... 14A Nudgee, BBC 15A BBC 16A Nudgee,TSS 2nds (but who cares) Nudgee, TSS but my mail is that all this will change with players that are playing down because of late birth dates will now have to play up .... Wonder how many from these teams are over age .... ???

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
So lets look at this years leading teams . 13A Nudgee college. 14A Nudgee, BBC 15A BBC 16A Nudgee,TSS 2nds (but who cares) Nudgee, TSS but my mail is that all this will change with players that are playing down because of late birth dates will now have to play up .. Wonder how many from these teams are over age .. ???
Interesting point you make. This could certainly make plenty of students ineligible, who could've played seconds in yr 11, get valuable experience and then potentially play firsts in senior year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

guildford

Peter Burge (5)
I heard from Terrace supporters that match will go ahead

sometime after QCS exams. NC has not forfeited the points.

Wont happen. GT year 10 on Immersion, lots of boys away. What is the magic number to forfeit/cancel/postpone I wonder if GT have 3, ?5 or 7 out would it go ahead?
and really "forfeit the points" which ones would they be? Please don't make more out of season of under age schoolboy rugby than it is

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
i doubt GT won't play a make up game considering they will be missing more players than NC were. With over 50 players out of the country or the state on immersion, the 15's will on field a B and D team against Churchie next week they are hoping to have only 25 or so away for the BGS game and I imagine will then field every team.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Congratulations to Churchie on a solid display of Rugby on the weekend at Northgate. The game was a real contest with Outside Centre Isaiah Perese proving the difference in a dominant display. Grammar just couldn't contain him as he ran through the line time and time again. It was pretty clear that Grammar's weakness lies on the edges of the field, with their defense on the flanks really letting them down. I'm guessing that their revamped lineup will be further tweaked. Would like to see Matt Marsden at fullback, he looked impressive there on the weekend.

The King

Stan Wickham (3)
Was a great day at Tennyson for the red and black with a comeback victory against BSHS. However, it saddens me when Reds Player, Chris Sautia, yells as the Terrace no. 10 takes a conversion, at a moment when one could hear a pin drop. Acts such as this are a great stain on a brilliant game of rugby, especially when done by a role model such as Chris..what message is he sending to kids?

I dont see whats wrong with that? Im sure the terrace supporters would have been doing the same when the BSHS kicker was kicking goals. Get off your high horse champ.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
BBC, ACGS, TSS, and GT will fight it off for second place! Nudgee look to have it sealed, if all teams win this round it'll be a second place playoff! possible 2nd place games, BBC vs TSS or even GT vs ACGS both last round games! 2 teams will tie for 4th other 2 teams will tie for 2nd
Predictions?

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
I dont see whats wrong with that? Im sure the terrace supporters would have been doing the same when the BSHS kicker was kicking goals. Get off your high horse champ.

It's against the spirit of the game. Terrace are always respectful when opposition kickers are taking shots at goal. I'm a Grammar boy and even I can acknowledge that.

To see a professional rugby player like Sautia deliberately attempt to throw someone off their game is disappointing.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I remember a few weeks ago when Bowyer had a conversion to win the game for BBC against ACGS and you could hear a pin drop. Massive respect. It's funny how everyone walks home feeling better about themselves when they don't do that kind of thing, win or lose

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
I remember a few weeks ago when Bowyer had a conversion to win the game for BBC against ACGS and you could hear a pin drop. Massive respect. It's funny how everyone walks home feeling better about themselves when they don't do that kind of thing, win or lose
Also funny how the same situation has occured 2 years in a row.

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
I didn't see the game, but credit to Nudgee for a clinical win to put one hand on the cup.
It's now a fight for second.
GT will have their work cut out against Churchie this weekend (The Range Rover/Ralph Lauren set aren't happy) and BBC should roll Ippy.
The Spray Tans (tks MondayEx that's gonna stick) will thump Grammar.
Leaving it a fight for second in the last round - BBC Vs TSS. And that's probably fair and should be a cracker...

R

Ric Dyer

Was a great day at Tennyson for the red and black with a comeback victory against BSHS. However, it saddens me when Reds Player, Chris Sautia, yells as the Terrace no. 10 takes a conversion, at a moment when one could hear a pin drop. Acts such as this are a great stain on a brilliant game of rugby, especially when done by a role model such as Chris..what message is he sending to kids?

I believe you are misinformed as it was not chris sautia yelling out but it was actually BSHS up and coming prodigy noah sami.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Some photos from the TSS v TGS game in Nic's Round 7 review

Additional photo gallery here

10430492905_76e7d9344c_b_d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.