• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
These look more like underage cricket results.

Speaking of cricket scores . I don't think anyone will get within 30 points of nudgee 14a . Undefeated last year and then they bring in 2 of the best under 14 league players in the state who are both champion athletes ax well .one of the boys already signed by the cowboys

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Speaking of cricket scores . I don't think anyone will get within 30 points of nudgee 14a . Undefeated last year and then they bring in 2 of the best under 14 league players in the state who are both champion athletes ax well .one of the boys already signed by the cowboys
You can't sign with any NRL team till your 15... But I agree with all the other comments. ...

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
Is this the same team that got touched up by the BSHS u/14 A's in the last trial game?? I hope they have improved since that game.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Is this the same team that got touched up by the BSHS u/14 A's in the last trial game?? I hope they have improved since that game.
You must be talking about the U13 team, the U14 Nudgee boys demolished BSHS by a cricket score.

Thumper

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey mate but I'm pretty sure the number 10 defends very adeptly from what I saw last week
Not from what I saw nor the rest of the crowd, #10 likes to try and strip the ball rather than put the shoulder into the tackle, not a great game from him, did like GT counter attack, impressive. GT #7 got smacked all over the paddock, #7 & #6 from tss dominated break down. #15 tss, very tidy, solid player. Don't know what happened to GT scrum they got eaten for breakfast. Best on field, 3 pts tss back row, 2 pts #15, 1 pt #13.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
They might have agreements in place but they can't have a contract

Even the contracts mean little, they don't amount to much money either.

If you ask me, being on one of those "contracts" isn't worth much.

Needless to say however the NC u14 A side are good. It's a shame all that talent goes to one school rather than spread around. These boys won't learn much winning by cricket scores.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah I think it's a scholarship rather than contract. Pong a at Churchie had a broncos scholarship at 14 but now a contract with Cowboys at 15

I'm not picking on you specifically Ear but you guys throw around words like contract, scholarship, or agreement etc when in truth they aren't anything like what's being implied.

Most kids that people claim are on contract were simply given some kit from a club as a promotion or encouragement.

In a lot of cases the kids parents paid for he kids to go on a camp or something similar and the gear was a perk.

Some clubs offer help with school, but the most I've heard about is around $1000. These "scholarships" are nothing of the sort.

It's very rare a kid in year 10 is ever signed to a proper contract, and just about as rare in 11 & 12. There's the odd talk of a super star receiving 100k as a development player but I guarantee that 100k is not cash in hand at all. In truth most genuine contracts with league clubs are not all that, they're usually not worth much money, well cash in the bank so to speak money.

I'd love to see conversion numbers too of the genuine contracts into A grade league players. I'm not sure it's all that great.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Status
Not open for further replies.