• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Kids from WA at BBC.
Ngamau was reserve for Aussie A schoolboys and is in Qld under 18 squad with Carrozza.He will make 1sts xv at 15 or 10.Everyone very impressed.Even hard markers like Barker/Phillpotts.

Raroren will propbably play 9 or 10 in 2nd xv unless Dempsey injured.

Scott from Scotland

Bob McCowan (2)
Just found out that BSHS have played a trial against St Pats yesterday, does anyone know the result?

Also, BSHS sent several boys down to Sydney for a 7s comp, where they went down to Scots 17-12 in the final. That's a bloody good result. Is State High on the rise??

The 7s squad comprised of:
Andre Clark
Jim Henjak
Kegan Keefe
Martin Koots
Liam MacNamara
Jimmy Patrick
Matt Sautia
Zac Shepherd
Matt Smith
Tyrone Southron
Tuaina Tuilima
Chris Vineberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the pleasure of watching this team going up against the mighty Scots College. Tuaina TowerLima looks to be a skillful backrower.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
BBC Captain is either Malalou or Edwards
Not sure that they are both certain for 1st XV... in fact I don't think there are any certainties, with the depth at BBC this year.
Malalou's issue may be his size, BBC have a number of fit, fast and big back-rowers this year who can play 6,7,8 - Christian can only really play 7.
Edwards is a bit out of it (on the wing?).
There is some genuine experience in the forwards, with quite a few 18 yr olds.
I think Barker and Phillpotts will be looking for a team player who respects the coaches and doesn't shirk the hard work: no more glamour boys.

kickingtee

Allen Oxlade (6)
So is anyone going to have a crack at a First XV for BBC? I think with so many players this year - around 60 in the current First XV squad - we could get some good possible combinations. Also this year watch out for BBC having strong second halves, have seen them doing a fair bit of running around Toowong and Coronation Drive.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
OK- here goes: BBC 1st XV 2014
1. Kahn Helms
2. Connor Christensen
3. Luke Peterson (1st XV. 2012 & 2013)
4. Dylan Leyland (Yr 1st XV 2013)
5. Darcy T- Swain (Yr 1st XV 2013)
6. Kareem Tuuga (Yr 1st XV 2013)
7. Christian Malaulau (Yr 1st XV 2013)
8. Ben Gunter (Yr 1st XV 2013)
9. Max Dempsey (Yr 1st XV 2013)
10. Josh Bitar
11. Sam Edwards (Yr 1st XV 2013)
12. Jayden Ngamanu
13. Jerumi Nanai
14. Syd Smith
15. Len Ikitau

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
1. Kahn Helms
2. Connor Christensen
10. Josh Bitar
12. Jayden Ngamanu
13. Jerumi Nanai
14. Syd Smith
15. Len Ikitau

Syd smith on the wing? Josh betar at 10? And the forward pack here is debatable. I'd place Syd in 12 where he can be used, with Jayden at 10 who is a great player of the ball and place joe stead or ben simpson on the wing and leave len at fullback, with jerumi or chris veriavis at 13 and leave sam edwards on the other wing, unstoppable with the ball in hands. A young back line but definitely capable. John seabroke, lachlan foulds, jack davidson, nathaniel carswell and Josh Betar are some other names that can be counted as centre possibilities.

Forward pack is debatable, with names like Tom Davidson (1st VIII rowing captain) that has tremendous fitness, John T-Swain who was a star of 2nd XV last year, and Lucas Palmer who took the place of Darcy T-Swain throughout the year that could all possibly play in the 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 position. Also the front row with young guns like Chris yanopa, Francis Nauja, and Hayden Lazarus who could compete with the likes of a 'lazy, fat and unfit' word has it Luke Peterson and the other the props.

A new 'super coach' has come into camp also, 1st VIII coach and Aust. Rower Richard Paterson who has made a great emphasis on fitness and strength in college rugby this year. He has, with the help of other coaches, changed many boys attitudes and physically developed boys throughout the last two terms.

'College rugby looks fitter faster stronger this year, a contender for sure' Brisbane Grammar coach and Churchie coaches say.

leftrightout

Stan Wickham (3)
1. Kahn Helms
2. Connor Christensen
10. Josh Bitar
12. Jayden Ngamanu
13. Jerumi Nanai
14. Syd Smith
15. Len Ikitau

leftrightout

Stan Wickham (3)
I think the BBC coaching staff will be after a mobile hard working pack this year after there last game last year..
My pick would be...

1...Gunter
2...Christensen
3...Tuuga
4...Leyland
5...John Swain
6...T.Davidson
7...Farrell
8...Smith
9...Dempsey(c)
10.Ngamanu
11.Verevis
12.Stead
13.Edwards
14.Nanai
15.likitau..

I know some of these boys are out of there pet spots,but look back to some of the other top players in Super 15 and have a look at what positions they started out in and were they are now.

This would give the college a mobile hard hitting forward pack and the backs would have speed to burn and a lot of notable defenders in the backs, a touch on the small side maybe.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Syd smith on the wing? Josh betar at 10? And the forward pack here is debatable. I'd place Syd in 12 where he can be used, with Jayden at 10 who is a great player of the ball and place joe stead or ben simpson on the wing and leave len at fullback, with jerumi or chris veriavis at 13 and leave sam edwards on the other wing, unstoppable with the ball in hands. A young back line but definitely capable. John seabroke, lachlan foulds, jack davidson, nathaniel carswell and Josh Betar are some other names that can be counted as centre possibilities.

Forward pack is debatable, with names like Tom Davidson (1st VIII rowing captain) that has tremendous fitness, John T-Swain who was a star of 2nd XV last year, and Lucas Palmer who took the place of Darcy T-Swain throughout the year that could all possibly play in the 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 position. Also the front row with young guns like Chris yanopa, Francis Nauja, and Hayden Lazarus who could compete with the likes of a 'lazy, fat and unfit' word has it Luke Peterson and the other the props.

A new 'super coach' has come into camp also, 1st VIII coach and Aust. Rower Richard Paterson who has made a great emphasis on fitness and strength in college rugby this year. He has, with the help of other coaches, changed many boys attitudes and physically developed boys throughout the last two terms.

'College rugby looks fitter faster stronger this year, a contender for sure' Brisbane Grammar coach and Churchie coaches say.
It would be an impressive effort for any forward to upstage players who were first pick forwards last year and are a year older and bigger. Also, two weeks into pre-season training is not the best time to gauge fitness levels, still two and a half months to the season proper.

alvin purple

Stan Wickham (3)
It would be an impressive effort for any forward to upstage players who were first pick forwards last year and are a year older and bigger. Also, two weeks into pre-season training is not the best time to gauge fitness levels, still two and a half months to the season proper.

The coaching staff have a lot more to pick from this year than before...
Maybe they can win 1sts and 2nds this year.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Not sure that they are both certain for 1st XV. in fact I don't think there are any certainties, with the depth at BBC this year.
Malalou's issue may be his size, BBC have a number of fit, fast and big back-rowers this year who can play 6,7,8 - Christian can only really play 7.
Edwards is a bit out of it (on the wing?).
There is some genuine experience in the forwards, with quite a few 18 yr olds.
I think Barker and Phillpotts will be looking for a team player who respects the coaches and doesn't shirk the hard work: no more glamour boys.

Holy shit . If Christian is not in 1st xv after playing every game last year it will be one hell of a 2nd xv

Status
Not open for further replies.