• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
churchie is turning into a league school, bring in players with big futures in league (Richie A, Fox, Mason, Perese, Sua and Ponga) I always thought leagues were the best rugby players ;)

There's quite a few leagies at most schools, except maybe BGS

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Some of the other boys mentioned are either out injured or have been dropped from the squad.[/SIZE]
[/LIST]

Will the injured boys return to play any regular season games, or are they gone completely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alvin purple

Stan Wickham (3)
My news is that this will be pretty close to what TSS and IGS will run with in the regular season.

IGS

1. Josvyn Sokimi
  2. Dallas Flannigan
  3. Sham Vui
  4. Izack Rodda
  5. Emmanuel Meafou/Matt Preen
  6. Braeden Schiller
  7. Jaidan Schultz
  8. Unga Wolske
  9. Harry Parcell
  10. Brock Hammond
  11. Rickus Nisch
  12. Ethan Page
  13. AJ Raeli
  14. Geoff Robertson/Jackson W
  15. Mark Broadhead
TSS

1. Toby Greenup
  2. Josh Taylor
  3. Bradley Undi?
  4. Callum Ball
  5. Liam Clifton
  6. Justin Whatmore
  7. PJ Van Den Berg
  8. Mckenzie Browne
  9. Jordan Lenac
  10. Fred Dorrough (number 15 at Trial but was very impressive at 10)
  11. Ben Turnbull
  12. Tyler Campbell (number 10 in Trial but worked very well at 12)
  13. Joey Fittock
  14. Unknown
  15. Unknown
12 for TSS didn't make it to second trial.

alvin purple

Stan Wickham (3)
Has anyone seen the final trials teams for this weekends gps games. I think this new system is very average surely the coaches have an idea about their quality players but I guess the problem still is with some average individuals pushing to many players.

What do you think is a better system.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
12 for TSS didn't make it to second trial.

No, he didn't surprisingly enough. I make that 12 or 13 / 15 taken from the second round of trials. Is there another hooker ahead of Nick Ray on TSS' depth chart?

Also, what news on Brad Undi? He's a pretty recognisable fellow around the park, and he was missing from action last Saturday, and hasn't been named to the trial squad. As a 2013 Seconds player I very much doubt he's been invited to the second round of trials. Has he given up on Rugby?

I also note that Mackenzie Browne and Dylan Riley both are on the bench for TSS in the trial, making it unlikely that they'll be starting come regular season. My predicted TSS team looks in dire need of an update

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Will the injured boys return to play any regular season games, or are they gone completely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the weekend GPS trials, IGS looked like they have been had a good pre-season and looked both strong and fit against Nudgee and BBC.

IGS boys who didn't play from what I was told:

Jacob Teevan - Concussion after 5min in 1st game against Nudgee
Isaac Rodda - Ankle fracture - back for first GPS game (didn't play trial)
Mark Broadhead - Hamstring - rested - back for first GPS game (didn't play trial)
AJ Raeli - Knee - rested - back for first GPS game (didn't play trial)
Ethan Page - other commitments - back for first GPS game
Emmanuel Meafou - Injured - back for first GPS game

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
13 boys from BBC in GPS trials.
The whole forward pack that played against Nudgee plus Christianson.
Also 9,10,15 11 plus Ikatou.

Why no Smith???-he was the most destructive runner against NC & IGS.
Good for BBC but bad for GPS.Did the Broncos put a stop on it?If so,why is Ikatou playing?

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
BBC still has a few positions to be sorted out, i think front row, maybe 1 lock,
centres, and maybe 1 wing.
alvin purple, Yesterday at 10:31 PM Report
It seems clear that in BBC :
1) at least 2 boys who played every 1st xv match last year may not get picked in number 1 team this year;
2) only Smith from last years undefeated 15A team will play in the 1sts.Ikatou or Stead (both league boys) may get a wing spot.

Scott from Scotland

Bob McCowan (2)
Perease has recently had knee operations/heavy rehab. Not sure if he'll be 100% for the trials. Richie A/Harley Fox from my background knowledge have always been more union than league players, not sure what you're trying to say there 'big futures in league'?
Fox has played league for ipswich brothers since he was 7. . . .

underdone

Peter Burge (5)
BBC still has a few positions to be sorted out, i think front row, maybe 1 lock,
centres, and maybe 1 wing.
alvin purple, Yesterday at 10:31 PM Report
It seems clear that in BBC :
1) at least 2 boys who played every 1st xv match last year may not get picked in number 1 team this year;
2) only Smith from last years undefeated 15A team will play in the 1sts.Ikatou or Stead (both league boys) may get a wing spot.

Who from last years run on team want make it this year?

underdone

Peter Burge (5)
13 boys from BBC in GPS trials.
The whole forward pack that played against Nudgee plus Christianson.
Also 9,10,15 11 plus Ikatou.

Why no Smith???-he was the most destructive runner against NC & IGS.
Good for BBC but bad for GPS.Did the Broncos put a stop on it?If so,why is Ikatou playing?

IMO there is no Smith because there is half a dozen 12/13's who are just as big and fast and the deciding factor is they are all 18 year olds and have past history in the GPS comp.

leftrightout

Stan Wickham (3)
No, he didn't surprisingly enough. I make that 12 or 13 / 15 taken from the second round of trials. Is there another hooker ahead of Nick Ray on TSS' depth chart?

Also, what news on Brad Undi? He's a pretty recognisable fellow around the park, and he was missing from action last Saturday, and hasn't been named to the trial squad. As a 2013 Seconds player I very much doubt he's been invited to the second round of trials. Has he given up on Rugby?

I also note that Mackenzie Browne and Dylan Riley both are on the bench for TSS in the trial, making it unlikely that they'll be starting come regular season. My predicted TSS team looks in dire need of an update

I would have been more surprised if he had of gone to the next round, been the calibre of 10/12/13's that are floating around at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.