• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeunion

Peter Burge (5)
Want to hear a bold prediction? I bet Ponga won't even be selected for the bench of AIC 3 #rumormill #kingpicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ponga is by far the most talented player i have ever seen come through the schoolboy ranks. This unnecessary talk coming from the "The King" is utter crap. Seems to me that there are a few jealous people on this forum who don't have the talent that ponga does. It is people like these who dont like rugby league players. But ponga will end up like a Folou that will keep talent in the rugby code

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
So,

Gavin Luka
Alex Mafi
James McColl
Angus Scott-Young
Dylan Leyland
Tuaina Tualima
Jaidan Schultz
Reece Hewat
Harry Nucifora
Alex Horan
Joey Fittock
Calvin Pritchard
Dean Bender
Tyrone Hussey
Tyrone Southorn

That's a very strong team. Who's left for GPS 2

Enokka Kalupou/Josvyn Sokimi/Toby Greenup/Richie Asiata/Connor Christenson

Josh Webb/Kareem Tuuga/Johann Koorts

Shambeckler Vui/Luke Peterson/ Agassi Stowers

No clue about locks aside from Jeremy Gimpel. With Isaac Rodda's injury there seems to be a pretty significant lack of depth at 4/5 this year.

Loosies will definitely have PJ VDB at 7, with possibly Ben Gunter at 8, Matt Sautia could be included if his injury isn't too bad.

Halfbacks could be Pilz, Dempsey, Parcell, or Tim Sippel.

10 could go to Liam McNamara, but if whoever is playing 10 for BBC is as good as people say it will probably go to him. Fred Dorrough could excel here also.

Plenty of depth on the wing, too hard to call

12 this year seems pretty lifeless, not at all like last year with Quick, Tanuvasa, Wathen, Fielea. Jim Henjak and Ethan Page may be the only options.

Nikau has been confirmed as 13 for GPS 2.

Fullback could go to Dorrough, Smit, Ngamu/Ikitau, but Ponga if available is a chance too

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
I hear that BBC 2nd string team with 14 of the main first team out played an Ipswich team with 5(?)or 4? players out of their squad in a trial game today.
A lot of the 15A's stepped up I hear from last year.
BBC stopped counting at 40-nil!

Sadly it looks like Smith has major problems passing the ball ...where do you put a league 2nd rower that can not pass a ball???
In the forwards? Just don't think he has the brain for rugby and doesn't understand that as a centre he gets the ball out to the faster wingers.
looking good for the 16A's and depth for BBC rugby.

BSHS play IGS tonight at Sunnybank. All 6 IGS boys who trialed on the weekend, made GPS 1,2,3 teams and will be availble for the game tonight.

Can you please let us know how many of the 14 from BBC ended up making GPS Teams 1,2 or 3?

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
12 this year seems pretty lifeless, not at all like last year with Quick, Tanuvasa, Wathen, Fielea.
Fullback could go to Dorrough, Smit, Ngamu/Ikitau, but Ponga if available is a chance too

all god points King.
I see Conrad Quick is now the youngest player in the Aussie under 20 team and he played a blinder the other day against Italy with his old BBC schoolmate Lolo Fakoilsea.

Don't forget 15 for BBC( Ngmau) was a shadow player for Aussie A schoolboys last year (and Phillpotts is probably in contact with GPS selectors)

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
12 this year seems pretty lifeless, not at all like last year with Quick, Tanuvasa, Wathen, Fielea.

all god points King.
I see Conrad Quick is now the youngest player in the Aussie under 20 team and he played a blinder the other day against Italy with his old BBC schoolmate Lolo Fakoilsea.

Don't forget 15 for BBC( Ngmau) was a shadow player for Aussie A schoolboys last year (and Phillpotts is probably in contact with GPS selectors)

Smit has to be a deffinite to take out the GPS 1 fullback spot if you ask me

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Luka, Mafi, McColl were automatic selections, but not yet confirmed.

Everyone else in the team listed above has been confirmed

Codeunion

Peter Burge (5)
So,

Gavin Luka
Alex Mafi
James McColl
Angus Scott-Young
Dylan Leyland
Tuaina Tualima
Jaidan Schultz
Reece Hewat
Harry Nucifora
Alex Horan
Joey Fittock
Calvin Pritchard
Dean Bender
Tyrone Hussey
Tyrone Southorn

That's a very strong team. Who's left for GPS 2

Enokka Kalupou/Josvyn Sokimi/Toby Greenup/Richie Asiata/Connor Christenson

Josh Webb/Kareem Tuuga/Johann Koorts

Shambeckler Vui/Luke Peterson/ Agassi Stowers

No clue about locks aside from Jeremy Gimpel. With Isaac Rodda's injury there seems to be a pretty significant lack of depth at 4/5 this year.

Loosies will definitely have PJ VDB at 7, with possibly Ben Gunter at 8, Matt Sautia could be included if his injury isn't too bad.

Halfbacks could be Pilz, Dempsey, Parcell, or Tim Sippel.

10 could go to Liam McNamara, but if whoever is playing 10 for BBC is as good as people say it will probably go to him. Fred Dorrough could excel here also.

Plenty of depth on the wing, too hard to call

12 this year seems pretty lifeless, not at all like last year with Quick, Tanuvasa, Wathen, Fielea. Jim Henjak and Ethan Page may be the only options.

Nikau has been confirmed as 13 for GPS 2.

how come perese is no where to be seen?. correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't he named player of the carnival at the national championships for u16 last year

Rouge

Bob McCowan (2)
how come perese is no where to be seen?. correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't he named player of the carnival at the national championships for u16 last year

Key word is U16 last year, sources tell me that he is still having knee problems.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Just heard a rumour that Pilz has earned top job at 9 at the expense of Nucifora.

Also received confirmation that Fred Dorrough is the starting 10 for GPS 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.