• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Big turn around from BBC, off memory the last time terrace visited toowong they only lost one game. But to be honest, I think this forum needs to stop drawing attention to the two schools, especially after they have both had very lacklustre seasons in 1st XV level.

ACGS'S win over TSS pretty much seals the premiership for them, I'm sorry but can't see them stumbling against any more teams IMO. They are a very well drilled and have the determination and discipline that have perhaps been lacking in previous years i.e. Churchie's 100th birthday.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
The forum has around 10 regular contributors that are affiliated with BBC & GT so a bias of posts talking about their games is to be expected. The chat is about the competition and you can talk about whatever you like. Churchie and TSS supporters should talk about that if that's what they want.

Hard not to talk about GT & BBC when it was such an entertaining, dramatic & controversial game really

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
To TSS credit their coaching staff took the right game plan into the game,Churchie was just too structured and played to their strengths.
I don't think they kicked once to Churchie's back 3.I was impressed with the
10 from TSS.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Amazing game from ACGS today, at HT I thought it would blow out immensely. A very early try from TSS saw a fantastic start and I started feeling worried (I tipped ACGS) but a return try straight after saw it negated. Truly, this ACGS side is the best I've ever seen at schoolboy level. Sublime handling, crushing defence, shattering running; they have the whole package. It was very enjoyable watching them put on a near flawless performance after so many errors plagued their round 1 game. Expect a full write-up soon.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Truly, this ACGS side is the best I've ever seen at schoolboy level.

Mate that surprises literally no-one. The previous best you've seen was probably Iona 2013, am I right? :p

Also 4/4 Darveniza, Rafter. Take note
Our experts are mostly in agreement, but Spik is backing BBC over GT. Are his Old Boy ties clouding his judgement, or is he seeing something the rest of us aren't? Time will tell.

Let's be honest Spik that result was a fluke. BBC chose a good day to show a bit of ticker though. That is, if you call nearly blowing a 33-7 lead in less than one half of rugby "a bit of ticker"....

The real test is whether they can carry the "form" into next week against BGS.

I just had a look at the tipping site and it seems I tipped TSS :confused: I must have hit the wrong button, I always knew Churchie had it in the bag. Can we edit that one out @ruggasXV?

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
Amazing game from ACGS today, at HT I thought it would blow out immensely. A very early try from TSS saw a fantastic start and I started feeling worried (I tipped ACGS) but a return try straight after saw it negated. Truly, this ACGS side is the best I've ever seen at schoolboy level. Sublime handling, crushing defence, shattering running; they have the whole package. It was very enjoyable watching them put on a near flawless performance after so many errors plagued their round 1 game. Expect a full write-up soon.

This Churchie team will be talked about for many years to come.
Mark my word as well there will be at least 4 of these players play Super 15/NRL

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)

BSHS 2009 > ACGS 2014

Impartial Observer

Bob McCowan (2)
The forum has around 10 regular contributors that are affiliated with BBC & GT so a bias of posts talking about their games is to be expected. The chat is about the competition and you can talk about whatever you like. Churchie and TSS supporters should talk about that if that's what they want.

Hard not to talk about GT & BBC when it was such an entertaining, dramatic & controversial game really
The Churchie team is a very impressive team particularly how they work as a unit and for each other with awesome structure. The try saving tackle that the Churchie 15 put on the TSS 11 was something else - not because of the impact but rather the composure to show him the corner and then clean him up. On another point I would take the TSS 13 ahead of the Churchie 13 any day - he has raw speed and is very good on his feet.

Impartial Observer

Bob McCowan (2)
The Churchie team is a very impressive team particularly how they work as a unit and for each other with awesome structure. The try saving tackle that the Churchie 15 put on the TSS 11 was something else - not because of the impact but rather the composure to show him the corner and then clean him up. On another point I would take the TSS 13 ahead of the Churchie 13 any day - he has raw speed and is very good on his feet.
......and the Churchie 15 will play for Queensland....unfortunately for rugby it will be in Origin.....

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Really interesting day of rugby at Boondall today, Results as follows:
13A 17-10 BSH - BSH were never going to lose however they were put under heaps of pressure by a team of much smaller size.
13B 25 -21 BSH - I only included this as there has been a number of 13B state high posters. BSH were a very well drilled side, score possibly flattered Nudgee who were very flat in the first half. Some of these State High boys will play A football when their size kicks in, esp some of the backs;
14A 59-7 Nudgee - master class by this impressive side, i think the game was pulled up 5 mins early, no more needs to be said;
15A 7-5 BSH - really close game with BSH grinding the game out. Interestingly the coach of BSH is a father of one of the Nudgee 15Aboys and AC is a former Nudgee 13A coach, good to see the love shared around;
16A - not really sure of this score however I am fairly certain Nudgee won this easily (happy to be contradicted on this);
Firsts 41-7 Nudgee - first half was a dog fight however the class and size of Nudgee won out in the end. Pilz, Hewitt and Hussey were particularly impressive.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Some photo's from First XV TSS v ACGS Round 6
Congrats to Churchie for wrapping up 2014 premiership.

P8300912 (Large).JPG

P8300916 (Large).JPG

Made to wait for churchie. No hand shakes. Ready to rumble

P8300917 (Large).JPG

P8300919 (Large).JPG

P8300922 (Large).JPG

P8300925 (Large).JPG

P8300926 (Large).JPG

P8300927 (Large).JPG

P8300929 (Large).JPG

P8300930 (Large).JPG

P8300933 (Large).JPG

P8300934 (Large).JPG

P8300935 (Large).JPG

P8300936 (Large).JPG

P8300938 (Large).JPG

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
U14A – NC 59 d BSHS 7, IGS 29 d BGS 7, BBC 12 drew GT 12, TSS 10 drew ACGS 10.

Ignoring Nudgee, this 14s age group is really tight!!! GT also drew with TSS round #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impartial Observer

Bob McCowan (2)
..and the Churchie 15 will play for Queensland..unfortunately for rugby it will be in Origin...
.....and I don't know what the TSS game plan was and whether it is happened all season but I wasn't sure whether the TSS 8 was playing fullback or 12....given his size I would have thought he might have been useful at the breakdown.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Round 6 results

Open 1sts - ACGS 41 d TSS 26, BBC 38 d GT 34, NC 41 d BSHS 7, IGS 37 d BGS 22.

Open 2nds - TSS 26 d ACGS 20, GT 31 d BBC 5, NC 72 d BSHS 5, IGS 24 d BGS 17.

U16A - NC 40 d BSHS 14, TSS 22 d ACGS 18, IGS 10 drew BGS 10, GT 14 d BBC 7.

U16B - BGS 34 d IGS 5, TSS 12 drew ACGS 12, GT 19 d BBC 0.

U16C - ACGS 29 d TSS 7, GT 20 d BBC 10.

U15A - BSHS 7 d NC 5, BGS 19 d IGS 15, BBC 31 d GT 8, TSS 14 d ACGS 10.

U14A – NC 59 d BSHS 7, IGS 29 d BGS 7, BBC 12 drew GT 12, TSS 10 drew ACGS 10

U13A - IGS 55 d BGS 0, TSS 26 d ACGS 10, BSHS 21 d NC 10, BBC 29 d GT 5.

U12A - TSS 40 d ACGS 7, BBC 43 d GT 7, IGS 54 d BGS 7

U11A - ACGS 28 d TSS 0, BBC 17 d GT 10, BGS 64 d IGS 7.

U10A - GT 21 d BBC 12.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
King I know when to tip the 'College and old boys day is a day when they perform. Rout of grammar last year and held on this year. They put it together in the first half and held on in the second. It was a head not heart tip gents

Status
Not open for further replies.