• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Views from the cheap seats this week.

Churchie - bye. The whole Churchie XV are being sized for Armani school uniforms so they will look the part when they collect the 2015 cup so it is just as well they have the bye. The only thing surer this year is that Shane Watson will have a bizarre leg injury and miss several Tests in the forthcoming summer. With Nucifora and "Getmore" leaving East Brisbane you can bet there will be no recruiting efforts made for 2015 and beyond. Why make the next guy look good?

GT- NC
Here's my smokie for the season. Terrace to win a nailbiter. Terrace playing with some real belief this year and I'm going to say that so many NC boys wagged school for the Ekka and as a result, many are starting to feel the effects of the westerly winds bringing flu to the team which will even things up. You heard it here first.

BGS- BBC
Fear of the knowledge every BBC old boy last week had a large dildo in his pocket and would have stormed the field if the White Elephants had disgraced them (and their investment) on Old Boys day, the BBC side managed a close win over a valiant GT side. They will outgun a semi -interested BGS side who are more concerned with the potential death from RSI the scoreboard attendant will have at the BGS-ACGS match the following week. On a dry track, I'm saying 80+ right here in that match. BBC will prepare them for the loss with a sound win 20+.

BSHS - TSS
Both sides will be drinking Dencorub smoothies this week as even internal organs will be bruised after their respective clashes last week. TSS will win because their S&C and rehab protocols are too good.10 points +.

TGS- IGS
If the TGS boys do the same job in defence they did against Churchie they will have this one. A windy day at Margaret St never sits well with the IGS bro's who need more than a rat's tail scarf to keep them warm but the extra ink in their epidermis will count for something.

TheObserver

Frank Row (1)
Anyone know what is wrong with the BBC 2XV? They have a team of much better players than last year but haven't pulled a win yet? I'm not totally sure if this is accurate, straight from the grape vine.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Love the tipping of GT here shows a bit of passion and heart but I reckon the only thing GT will beat NC is in sculling jugs of XXXX at the RE

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
"For the 2014 ACGS side, Gillmore was gifted a division leading U15A side when he got to Churchie to which have been added 3 Aust Schools players - Perese Fox and Asiata, an Aust U15 RL player in Ponga and Qld Schools or U16/U18 RL players in Su'A, Croft, Mason and Webb. it wasn't hard to think this would be a side which would strongly contend for the title as I tipped back at the start of the 2014 GPS thread"

holy shit--if this is accurate-then that is sure some firepower.
2 questions:
1) how many back next year:
2) would the beat the NSWGPS winner?

Churchie very strong this year. Will cruise through season undefeated.
They might get within 30 points of NSW GPS winner Scots College.

Q

Quakezone

GT V Nudgee

These schools have the biggest programs and in some age groups go right down to F's - Program V Program who will win the most games? I think there will be 30 odd games.... What about the "A" Teams in each age

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
GT V Nudgee

These schools have the biggest programs and in some age groups go right down to F's - Program V Program who will win the most games? I think there will be 30 odd games.. What about the "A" Teams in each age
Nudgee by a proverbial country mile. :) The only open team to drop a game has been the 1st's. There are some good match ups through the age groups, the 14b's is one that springs to mind and all the A's except for the 14A's.
Looking forward to a great day.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
What's happening with u15 games??? GT went to the papers last time Nudgee college wasn't going to play S's ... Are they playing ...??? Might give the BBC guys a chance to finish second

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Interesting to note that Churchies victory on the weekend broke their 14-year hoodoo with TSS. Yes, 14 years! If Nudgee get up against terrace on the weekend it will mark a decade of butcher stripe dominance.

Any news on the Downlands v TGS bullfight?

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
Interesting to note that Churchies victory on the weekend broke their 14-year hoodoo with TSS. Yes, 14 years! If Nudgee get up against terrace on the weekend it will mark a decade of butcher stripe dominance.

Any news on the Downlands v TGS bullfight?
69-0 to TGS. Biggest victory in the history of the rivalry !

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Can someone explain this schedule.
Friday ?

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
Since the U16A sides have been left out of match predictions this season, I thought I'd take it upon myself to write some predictions.

GT VS NC- This matchup will be interesting and worth a watch for those at Vivian St this weekend. Both teams have beaten the BBC side, and both teams have lost to the undefeated TSS side. Although this is the case, I can't imagine GT dominating this match due to the lack of size throughout the park in comparison to Nudgee. Nudgee by 12

BGS VS BBC-Not an overly demanding match for BBC this weekend. Grammar have not done much this season, winning only one match over BSHS. A couple of early tries by the College boys will drift Grammar's thoughts back onto 2015 QCS practise. BBC by 16

BSHS VS TSS-Number 1 vs number 9 in the table will provide one the easiest game of the year for TSS. The State High boys will be so shocked by how well kept the Southport fields are, contrary to Thursden Rd, that they will get distracted and let in numerous tries. TSS by 28

TGS VS IGS-This local derby will be a cracker of a game to view. Although Ipswich will turn up the heat for this game, Toowoomba will come out on top. TGS by 14

Status
Not open for further replies.