• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
Can someone explain this schedule.
Friday ?

View attachment 5319

As the Thursday is the last day of the term for all GPS schools, they have decided to play two games on Friday and two on Saturday. God knows why they all wouldn't play on one day......

Additionally, with all the boarders in each team one would think all schools would play Friday.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Very interesting question on Mastermind last night.
Q- which team this year has won the most games by over 50 points:
1) the undefeated 1stiv Churchie basketball team with 5 Qld players and 1 Australian rep;or
2)the undefeated Churchie 1st xv with 3 Australian schoolboys ,and 5 qld league players?
A. After the BGS match it will be a tie with both having won 3 matches by over 50'points.
Interesting that both teams are coached by Dame Edna

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
Very interesting question on Mastermind last night.
Q- which team this year has won the most games by over 50 points:
1) the undefeated 1stiv Churchie basketball team with 5 Qld players and 1 Australian rep;or
2)the undefeated Churchie 1st xv with 3 Australian schoolboys ,and 5 qld league players?
A. After the BGS match it will be a tie with both having won 3 matches by over 50'points.
Interesting that both teams are coached by Dame Edna

Churchie XV have only won one game as of yet by 50+, against BSHS.

However, it has slid under the radar that Churchie are looking to wrap up both the basketball and rugby premierships undefeated. Does anyone know the last time a school has done this? Presumably it has been a while. I think

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Nudgee by a proverbial country mile. :) The only open team to drop a game has been the 1st's. There are some good match ups through the age groups, the 14b's is one that springs to mind and all the A's except for the 14A's.
Looking forward to a great day.

Have to agree Oldschool except for 14A's. I know there has been some good banter thrown around by how close or far NC will win. However, judging by game last weekend v BBC, the GT 14A may just make a game of it. They were up against some terrible refereeing and could have put a couple more tries on BBC.

This might get them closer than most think. Could be interesting. A lot of the players from both teams know each other well from playing in same club or rep or ARU Gold teams which could nullify advantages of each team.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Wow, you've got to feel for the poor old downlandians. Would have been a very different story if Mack and Harley were still there.

"Police reported well-behaved crowds" - Surely another first in the history books!
Didn't Harley Fox go to St Edmunds, not Downlands?

Insider

Frank Row (1)
"For the 2014 ACGS side, Gillmore was gifted a division leading U15A side when he got to Churchie to which have been added 3 Aust Schools players - Perese Fox and Asiata, an Aust U15 RL player in Ponga and Qld Schools or U16/U18 RL players in Su'A, Croft, Mason and Webb. it wasn't hard to think this would be a side which would strongly contend for the title as I tipped back at the start of the 2014 GPS thread"

holy shit--if this is accurate-then that is sure some firepower.
2 questions:
1) how many back next year:
2) would the beat the NSWGPS winner?

Players that are back next year are croft, sua, ponga, webby, wallis and a few of the bench that would go on later in the game

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Players that are back next year are croft, sua, ponga, webby, wallis and a few of the bench that would go on later in the game

Players back next year for Nudgee are:
Jack Ireland
Gavin Luca
Jackson Evans
Tom Zappala
Reece Hewat
Liam Moseley
Tony Hunt
Calvin Pritchard
Liam Richman
Should be a ripper!!

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Players back next year for Nudgee are:
Jack Ireland
Gavin Luca
Jackson Evans
Tom Zappala
Reece Hewat
Liam Moseley
Tony Hunt
Calvin Pritchard
Liam Richman
Should be a ripper!!

Surely some of them must be repeating if this is true? Luka, Hewat, Evans and Pritchard are all in their second year of Firsts.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
No u/15 games between GT v NC this week
Am I right in hearing this has to do with Catholic school immersion programs at GT (i think) and that the A game (and maybe the other grades) is/are going to played midweek in the last week of school? can any GT/NC affiliated types confirm this?

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Surely some of them must be repeating if this is true? Luka, Hewat, Evans and Pritchard are all in their second year of Firsts.

Luka - 2 year senior
Hewat - Year 11 this year
Evans - Year 11 this year
Pritchard - 2 year senior

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Am I right in hearing this has to do with Catholic school immersion programs at GT (i think) and that the A game (and maybe the other grades) is/are going to played midweek in the last week of school? can any GT/NC affiliated types confirm this?

Correct in that it is GT's Immersion program that mean the boys aren't around to play. But games won't be played at another time.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)

I can confirm the majority of Year 10 boys flew out of Brisbane this week for various locations around the world as part of the immersion program - so it is very unlikely the games could go ahead.

I know some of the Junior (u10-12) teams are playing their games against Churchie in the last week on the Tuesday to accommodate Churchies lack of player availability that weekend.

Have not heard about moving the u15 games but it does make sense.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
GT V NC
We’re back at Red Black Stadium for this one. Terrace have spent all week convincing themselves that last weeks loss had nothing to do with BBC and it was in fact the hand of god teaching them a lesson. However, an email has gone out during the week asking for more parent donations, so they can build a "last minute try scoring training centre" on top of the homeless men’s building at Spring Hill. Despite a flurry of hand delivered envelopes to the headmaster’s office this won’t be built by Saturday. The Nudgee lads will be angrier than Ewan McKenzie standing in front of a closed Sizzler after being written off by knowledgeable commentators like me last week. The NC coach will have convinced his players that Grammar are a real chance of upsetting Churchie next week and a shared premiership is on the cards. When the Manual Arts Majors in the team, work out that’s impossible, the game will be over and the scoreboard will have them in front by plenty.
NC by 30

BGS V BBC
The Grammar Rugby Support Group will be out selling “2015 Season Gear” talking up next years season. In fact not one Grammar parent will even watch a game, as they walk around in a Serapax-induced haze, wearing smiles like the gate at Luna Park. The biggest cheer will come from the tuckshop when 3 Grammar mums and the Grammar Captain of Chess work out how to get the pies the right temperature in the hot box. Is there any rugby on??? Robbie Deans will be spotted back from a coaching stint in Japan, as he considers joining Steve Hansen, Jake White and Alan Jones as Grammar First XV Co-coaches next year. The BBC team will in fact coach themselves this week and will take turns using the coaching staff walkie-talkies to manage replacements. This will get confusing early in the second half, allowing BGS to run in a couple of tries whilst they only have 8 players on. When the batteries run out, attention will turn back to the rugby and BBC will condemn BGS to the shared wooden spoon for 2014.
BBC by 16

TGS V IGS
It’s the battle of the west…The Landcruisers vs The Sandmans, The RM Vs The Ugg Boot, The Rollie vs The Winnie Red. The…aaah who cares it doesn’t really have any outcome on the premiership anyway. And IGS will have 3 men, a one legged dog and a lost Monster Energy Drink Sampling Chick from last weeks home game, watching. The Ippy cheer squad will get tired after the first War Cry (“I-I-Ippy-Ippy-I”) and give up cheering. This is in turn will fool the IGS players into thinking their player bus has already gone and they’ll have to walk back to Ippy. They’ll run off down the range leaving the TGS boys and the usual, overweight, Darling Downs ref on the field at the 61 min mark. A Grade 9 TGS boarder will suggest a brisk walk down to the Spotted Cow for a few pots and the game will be gladly called off early.
TGS by 7

TSS V BSHS
This will be a challenging day for the State High boys. It will start with the State High Bus breaking down at West End after a team breakfast. At which point 4 Greek Cab Drivers and 2 Bongo Vans driven by squatters will drive the boys to Fursden Road. The TSS players will have been at the Nerang Tatt Parlor getting the “2014 Premiers” Tatt removed before they board the bus up to Vegas. Conveniently the parlor is owned by a TSS Rugby Old Boy, who offers all 15 of them a place at the school next year and to change the tatt from “2014” to “2015”. All 15 accept the offer (even the two 21 year olds).
Watch TSS next year…
TSS by 28

GT83

Frank Row (1)
Have to agree Oldschool except for 14A's. I know there has been some good banter thrown around by how close or far NC will win. However, judging by game last weekend v BBC, the GT 14A may just make a game of it. They were up against some terrible refereeing and could have put a couple more tries on BBC.

This might get them closer than most think. Could be interesting. A lot of the players from both teams know each other well from playing in same club or rep or ARU Gold teams which could nullify advantages of each team.

Hate to admit it you are right, across all the ages groups down to E's (ex 15's) I get GT luck to 5, hope I am wrong, don't think I am.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
TSS V BSHS
This will be a challenging day for the State High boys. It will start with the State High Bus breaking down at West End on Saturday morning. At which point 4 Greek Cab Drivers and 2 Bongo Vans driven by squatters will drive the boys down the coast.
Would be a worry breaking down at West End on the way to the Coast as the game's on at salubrious Fursden Rd.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Why is no one posting about the biggest banana slip / BMW tyre slip game of the year this weekend : Churchie v The Bye?

Status
Not open for further replies.