• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Terrace's pre-season hype video has been uploaded to YouTube.

Reuben Wall looks set to establish himself as one of the competition's premier halfbacks.

The forwards look to have decent bulk about them, but were trounced by Nudgee's second XV front row at scrum time.

Quillian Pritchard-Malaki will be an interesting one to watch throughout the season.

As a matter of fact, all the outside backs featured in the video look like they'll be a handful.

Finally, did anybody else think it was funny seeing gimme conversions and garry owens added to the hype reel? Must have been a quiet pre-season.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
A Shared premiership is on the cards.
TSS look stronger than a Snapper Rocks riptide and lets face it Nudgee probably have the best forward in the competition. BBC have the best outside backs and Toowoomba have the strongest front row.

well said. IMo -nudgee have the best player in the comp and the next Aussie Schoolboy captain and BBC have the most exciting back in the comp.
TSS have the most 18 year olds and TGS have the most forward depth.
Hard to call.

Lemno

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone have any recent information on how the Ipswich Grammar U11's and U12's have been performing?

Thanks

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Does anyone have any recent information on how the Ipswich Grammar U11's and U12's have been performing?

Thanks

IGS were very weak in the U11's last year their A's were being soundly beaten by other schools B sides

Although they have improved some this year I believe they were well beaten in the recent carnival held at Ipswich by both GT and ATC and lost to TGS in the 3rd place play off. A lower middle of the table side at best.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Thanks BraveandGame

but the IGS under 13s are a different story . most good judges are predicting
1st or 2nd ( with bSHS)and with 9 of the met west rugby league team - they will know how to tackle.
in the under 14s they have the premiership replay in round 1 against BBC

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I take it you weren't out at Tennyson last weekend??

Nope, I'll admit I wasn't. I'm just basing that off the examples from the tape.

In the three examples below, GT haven't set low enough, allowing other teams to get underneath and push them off the ball.

Against IGS they held their scrum despite their poor positioning, true, but were under more pressure than they should have been.

In the two examples against Nudgee, the Terracians were totally out-scrummaged - despite Nudgee missing both starting props (I think)

If this hasn't been corrected by the time they play strong scrummaging teams they'll leak penalties, field position and points.

I'm not trying to be overly critical, just pointing out some technical issues I spotted on the tape.

I can appreciate it was pre-season, and they were probably just rusty, but I thought I'd share my thoughts.

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 4.54.48 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 4.55.49 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 4.56.46 pm.png

QLDRuggerz

Frank Row (1)
Breakdown to answer part of your question in the trial game Saturday against Terrace, Nudgee were without the following players who would ordinarily line up in the 1st XV:

3 Gavin Luka
4 Jacob Ilordi
6 Kalala Meni
7 Tom Zappala
8 Reece Hewat
12 Calvin Pritchard
13 Tony Hunt
14 Willie Malala
15 Liam Richman

10 Liam Moseley was rested after half time.

A lot of year 11 players given the chance to have a crack and show what they had.

They only gave about 6 year 11 more seconds players

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
They only gave about 6 year 11 more seconds players

any news on BBC team for Saturday?
i know the 9 and one of wingers who played against NZ in Japan are out for season and 3 other fitness tests to take place.
if the captain does not play IGS may cause an upset .

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
With the season about to start, I am interested to see no pundits considering Churchie.

I respect the title claims held by BBC, TSS and NC but I'm just warning fans that you write these Churchie guys off at your peril.

You read it here first. There will be a 3 way tie for the cup and Churchie will be one of them. I think the other two will be NC and BBC.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Predictions for the weekend
TSS - BGS (TSS by 20+)
NC - TGS ( NC by 15)
BBC - IGS ( BBC by 15+)
ACGS - GT ( ACGS by 10)
BSHS - bye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
BSHS and IGS trial last weekend was very interesting with IGS running away with the game 7 tries to 2. IGS had a running game that impressed and was different to their usual forward dominated play. The other interesting thing was that 3 IGS players that attended the Aust Champs in Sydney were rested or injured.
BSHS looked very predictable with their game plan and became frustrated with the lack of variety and options. 12 for BSHS was everywhere and tried to rally his team, but some dropped ball and Yellow Cards didn't help his cause. BSHS had rested their 2nd rower who made the Qld Team but from what I have previously seen, they were fairly close to full strength.
Both teams had periods of brilliance and they also had times of simple errors and ill discipline.
If either of these teams are given an opportunity and gain some confidence, they will cause some of the more fancied teams some real problems.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I agree: Churchie will be hard to beat, but then again so will IGS at home (if switched on) as will TGA. That why I think the draw will make some difference. On the three way tie situation I think it will be TSS, NC and TGA, with IGA and Churchie next.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I agree: Churchie will be hard to beat, but then again so will IGS at home (if switched on) as will TGA. That why I think the draw will make some difference. On the three way tie situation I think it will be TSS, NC and TGA, with IGA and Churchie next.
Is BBC falling off the map??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
MY Predictions for the weekend
TSS - BGS (TSS by 20+)
NC - TGS ( NC by 10)
BBC - IGS ( IGS by 5)
ACGS - GT ( ACGS by 15 +)
BSHS - bye

All fairly similar, but have an upset with IGS. With the front row/forwards, free flowing running and BBC injury worries, I think IGS can provide the first of several upsets this year. The BBC 7 needs to have an off day as well, as he has been playing very well thus far. So go IGS!

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
No they haven't (BBC fallen off the map!), but I think it's going to be harder than a lot think. IGS have a spoiling style of game, which if a few things go their way, can be very hard to beat.

There's a fair bit of belief, particularly amongst the one's that played in Sydney and I think that could generate some momentum in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.