• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
My predictions for this week:

NC v BBC: Nudgee by 8, though it is BBC's grand final and ALL
the injuries for both sides!

ACGS v TGS: Churchie will just grind them by 10

TSS v IGS: IGS remind me of Argentina, plenty of good aspects
but just can't put it together. Unfortunately they are
playing the All Blacks this weekend. TSS by plenty (20+)

BSHS v BGS: After the performance last week, I just can't see BGS
improving enough. Therefore BSHS by 10.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Southport Vs Ipswich
The Westies hit the coast and the boys from Ippy will be hurtling down the M1 with their surf mats strapped to the roof of their utes.
After a week off to re-charge those batteries the red and white will be fired up to give TSS a run for their money. Don't be surprised if initially this is a bit close.
A few over-bleached sphincters will close up on the sideline just after half time, but will relax a little as TSS run through the play book and Ippy get bored of tackling.
Ippy will have time for a quick surf and an ice cream cone at the beach after the game. And afterward TSS will start to think they might be the only code to bring a premiership home to the coast - god knows the Suns and Titans are useless.
TSS by 14

Churchie Vs Toowoomba
The Toowoomba boys will be angrier than Mel Gibson in a synagogue about the previous weeks loss. If the truth be known they were a bit lucky to make the result look respectable in the end. And that spells "problem-o" for Churchie.
I think the Blue and Gold will stick it to them and they are smart enough to know they have to cut the ball off before it gets to the centers, unlike State High who just sat there like a couple of kids playing playstation, while the Churchie centers ran rings around them last week.
The match up of the 2 number 12s will be worth the price of the admission at Churchie and I’m told they will definitely be charging to get in.
Churchie by 10

Nudgee Vs BBC
This game is probably BBCs best chance to roll Nudgee for a number of years. But two words are going to make this tough. Ross & Oval. It’s been a veritable graveyard for BBC over the decades.
Nudgee have this in the tight five, but the loosies are a draw. The halves and the centers are also a close draw. And BBC have it in the outside 3 by a whisker.
It will be a cracker and my sense is there is a bit of ticker in this BBC team and that will unsettle Nudgee and their highly intense supporters. I think BBC will stick their McSporran in front in the second half, but the challenge will be keeping it there as the brethren look to mow them down in the shadows of full-time.
Nudgee by 3

State High Vs Grammar
For Grammar this game is a bit like Caitlin Jenner the cross dressing, sex change, ex Olympic runner. You only get one chance to come out and this could be the only chance Grammar get to come out and win one this season.
However, my fear for the young Grammar lads is that State High can’t be that rubbish 2 weeks in a row and the BGS wikki-leaks defensive pattern from last week was a thing to behold. It’s going to be hard yards to turn that around in a week.
State High by 7

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
Following an ankle injury sustained last week against State High, Jake Mason (#15) will miss this big matchup against Tba. Winger Frazer Suffren will move to fullback and Wilson Gough, who played 2XV last year, will move to wing.

ACGS 1XV (08/08):
1. Angus Wagner
2. Jacob Williams
3. Joel Kuchel
4. Harry Hockings
5. Ashley Whitehead
6. Henry Sharp
7. James MacMillan
8. Sam Wallis
9. Matthew Oberholzer
10. Brodie Croft (C)
11. Joel Papa
12. Jaydn Su'a
13. Tristan Stanghon
14. Wilson Gough
15. Frazer Suffren

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Following an ankle injury sustained last week against State High, Jake Mason (#15) will miss this big matchup against Tba. Winger Frazer Suffren will move to fullback and Wilson Gough, who played 2XV last year, will move to wing.

ACGS 1XV (08/08):
1. Angus Wagner
2. Jacob Williams
3. Joel Kuchel
4. Harry Hockings
5. Ashley Whitehead
6. Henry Sharp
7. James MacMillan
8. Sam Wallis
9. Matthew Oberholzer
10. Brodie Croft (C)
11. Joel Papa
12. Jaydn Su'a
13. Tristan Stanghon
14. Wilson Gough
15. Frazer Suffren

one injury?
oh what NC and BBC would give for that.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Everyone waiting to see if BBC players , ikatu , simpson , hope , cotton , farrell are all still out.Expecting at least 3 to be back next week.
if Ikatu and simpson dont play then i cannot see bbc threatening.

ok . spoke to physio who knows a physio .
Ikatau 13 Aussie A will play and Simpson 14 and Qld2 should play.none of the others will.Farrell Qld2 , Hope 5 and Raoran 9 will not be back this year. Porter and Cotton in 2 weeks.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
ok . spoke to physio who knows a physio .
Ikatau 13 Aussie A will play and Simpson 14 and Qld2 should play.none of the others will.Farrell Qld2 , Hope 5 and Raoran 9 will not be back this year. Porter and Cotton in 2 weeks.

That's a pretty handy side running on if so

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
BGS v NC

King, I know your a young fella and a budding journalist or blogger but your comments on the game (above) are fairly biased against Nudgee and your passion misguided.

How can the GT v TSS game be described for TSS .. "a backline who used their athletic ability and great skill to beat the defence" but the NC effort was (for all intensive purposes) be almost "lucky" or that Grammar were just pipped at the post??!! King, Grammar were flogged, pure and simple. Yes Riley (TSS) and co are big and strong and very athletic, but the back for NC (smaller and more wiry) also won their day through the same illusive running and lack of defence as TSS did on the weekend.

You need to give yourself an uppercut for your portrayal of the game. To call black, white and blue, red makes the small tiff between Nudgee and Terrace over 100 years ago seem trivial; just call it as it is, not what you want it to be. Everyone is most certainly welcomed (you included) to give their opinion, you will not gain any credibility with the rants like the above one.

NC won that game convincingly with "athletic ability and great skill" in both attack and defence.

Keep it cool man! :)

Sage, have you watched the Terrace v Southport match?

Having watched all four matches this round, I can attest that Nudgee v Grammar was the absolute furthest from TSS v GT, despite similar scorelines.

Dylan Riley and co were taking balls at pace and blasting through the defensive line. Not only could their backline not be tackled - they couldn't be touched. Not through a lack of athletic ability, but because the Southport attack was so devastating that they couldn't be stopped.

I don't recall seeing a sidestep or scything running line in any one of Nudgee's tries. It was just mundane, spread the ball to the sideline and watch how BGS unravel.

Nudgee's attack scored nine tries against BGS, but wouldn't have scored any more than two against the other contenders defence.

I'm allowed to be disappointed in my team - but I call a spade a spade.

That one Gavin Luka try was created, the rest simply finished. Southport created half a dozen tries, and finished two.

I'm certainly not biased against Nudgee, and I pointed out six times on the tape that BGS were at fault defensively. I'm not implying the match was close, just that BGS did themselves zero favours.

Oh and by the way - I always keep it cool :cool:

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
In saying that, I'm happy to agree to disagree - I certainly won't be upper-cutting myself over a little old difference in opinion.

I hope you don't mind me uploading your take on the match to the Round 3 report document :)

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
King I did watch all 4 games and actually watched 3 of them twice.

I understand where your coming from but whether they stepped, swerved or "scythed" for the tries, I am fairly unsure of. What I'm not unsure of is the score line, the comments made by BGS players and parents afterwards and what happened on the field. To me the defence, particularly in the first half for the BGS v NC game and second half of the GT v TSS game, was not good.

On that level, independent of the attack they were similar games, the GT v TSS slightly better, with very similar results. You must remember that NC tends to focus on using their forwards more in attack than TSS (whom tend use their backs) and hence back play is more alluring to the eye.

So I suppose I agree to disagree. Now on with this week!

PS As a note you mentioned previously some of the "good defenders" in this years competition. I noticed in one game last week, (the worst game of the round, in my opinion), one of your favoured "defenders", lets call him "Special K", either missed or was involved in tackles of at least 3 and probably 4 tries on the weekend. Just a note.

Lemno

Frank Row (1)
It was good to see BBC's try at Toowoomba on Rugby HQ last night.

Tashara - it looked very much like your footage - congrats if it was!

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Not through a lack of athletic ability, but because the Southport attack was so devastating that they couldn't be stopped.

Not sure I agree with that - GT defensive pattern - continually creeping in to stack the midfield channel and coming up in a staggered line - certainly made TSS look better than they are IMO.

GT was constantly beaten by simple passes and straight running with the centers coming out of the line and taking no one or standing flat footed pointed in.

GT's backline defense on the day was well below XV standard and very similar to the performance against ACGS, which has me thinking it is as much coaching/tactical as anything else.

Having said that on the GT games - TSS are miles ahead of ACGS.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
It was good to see the BBC's try at Toowoomba on Rugby HQ last night.

Tashara - it looked very much like your footage - congrats if it was!
DoubleTake Productions... very similar (we were filming from the same location). But thanks for the heads up :)

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Teams for TSS v IGS

20356262455_8a1b73a7fb_b_d.jpg

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
It is indeed HJ - he's also assistant coach of the Queensland Country NRC team.

Busy man..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.