• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Red

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great thanks for the heads up.A friend of mine who's boy is taking part, was surprised by how many "Selected" boys do not play Union at all and did not participate in the JGC this year, so I was just wondering what the criteria actually was in fact he tells me some good players who did play JGC this year missed out on taking part, that's how it goes I guess. Anyone know anymore about this as it sounds like something my son might be interested in if hes selected in JGC this year
Well that's totally wrong if they have done that, Why set rules or policies for selection then break them?
Makes sense why they didn't announce the squad on their web or Facebook, they know it would piss people off.

Here is there post from March...
Reds Under-15 and Under-17 squads have been selected by Reds Elite Development staff following the culmination of the 2015 Junior Gold Cup round-robin stages.

Both sides will play NSW on Saturday, 4 April, at Ballymore on the Easter long weekend.

The squads consist of 23-players and criteria for selection was that players participated in the 2015 Junior Gold Cup as a member of one of the Queensland sides.

Outside of the squads of 23, players will also be identified for an Emerging Reds camp in September.

And sorry guys Yer, should be in Gold cup forum...
Will post any more info there.

Neville Magee

Stan Wickham (3)
I hope they are covering a few other topics at the Brothers Info night like:

"Coping with being called The Filth for the rest of your playing days"

"Learning how to make the most cutting, smart arse comments from the sideline and then avoiding the fight Presentation"

"Pathway to being a pain in the arse to every referee who blew a whistle presentation"

Just jokes Brothers - but you did put the post up!

But lots of pics for their portfolios.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
/cut/

"Coping with being called The Filth for the rest of your playing days"

"Learning how to make the most cutting, smart arse comments from the sideline and then avoiding the fight Presentation"

"Pathway to being a pain in the arse to every referee who blew a whistle presentation"

Just jokes Brothers - but you did put the post up!
Ah Warren, all those wonderful memories come flooding back! Think I just take a pleasant roll in the mud...excuse me for a bit.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
lets hope former BGS player Greg Martin does not make a fool of himself tonight like he did against Fiji when he said at halftime of that match : " this game w ill open up , I expect Australia to win by 40 "

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
The GT 14A side season highlights... Unfortunately the video doesn't have footage from every game. There is some talent to manage through to the firsts at GT for sure!

On a side note, I have heard also that next years GT 13s and 14s will have new players... About 2 for each.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
On a side note, I have heard also that next years GT 13s and 14s will have new players. About 2 for each.

Oh don't be so conservative.
I know at least 4 boys that played in the QRL under 13 team including the captain -going to GT in under 14 next year.
Also the 2 new star players in under 12 (related to the new 13 who was in the 14 As) will have 2 or 3 friends or relatives in GT in grade 8 next year.

Wait for the explosion from the "traditionalists" when little Jonnie is in the B team because of these new boys.They are all good Polynesian kids though.
Add in the Cav Road High boys and Wavell High boys and GT are catching NC in the import stakes.
Still a way to go to catch TSS and the others.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
On a side note, I have heard also that next years GT 13s and 14s will have new players. About 2 for each.

Oh don't be so conservative.
I know at least 4 boys that played in the QRL under 13 team including the captain -going to GT in under 14 next year.
Also the 2 new star players in under 12 (related to the new 13 who was in the 14 As) will have 2 or 3 friends or relatives in GT in grade 8 next year.

Wait for the explosion from the "traditionalists" when little Jonnie is in the B team because of these new boys.They are all good Polynesian kids though.
Add in the Cav Road High boys and Wavell High boys and GT are catching NC in the import stakes.
Still a way to go to catch TSS and the others.

That's actually consistent with what I said, except you have 2 more coming into the 14s next year.

All I know is that there is only 1 boy related to this years U14A no. 13 coming to GT next year, and next years 13s are getting 2 new boys including him, while next years 14s are getting 2 new boys. I don't know where you get an extra 2 from, perhaps they're being chased but have not yet decided, or perhaps they have and your information is more up to date.

Having said that, I don't think parent's mind a couple of new players in the younge age groups. What they do mind is lots of new players (think NC's 14s from 2014) especially when they come in year 11 or 12 and take places from boys who have played in the As most of their school life.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
@DarkSide, I need to call you on the NC 14s of 2014 mate, your talking out your arse.
They would of had 2 maybe 3 new players between the 13s and 14s. Zero between 14 and 15.
But I bet your bottom dollar there's one or two for the 16s next year ;-)

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
@DarkSide, I need to call you on the NC 14s of 2014 mate, your talking out your arse.
They would of had 2 maybe 3 new players between the 13s and 14s. Zero between 14 and 15.
But I bet your bottom dollar there's one or two for the 16s next year ;-)

There was 4 boys, perhaps 5 ... I can absolutely guareentee you of that! One boy at least even left Nudgee because he was pushed out of the A's ...

E

englishcharger

its great to see League kids in the gps comps. from my understanding the 15's lack league players, yet their comp is probably the most competitive - keep union kids in union schools!!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Gone because they need Nudgee, TSS and Churchie ALL to drop a game.

I can see BBC beating one of their remaining two undefeated teams, but I can't see a situation where NC + TSS + ACGS all drop a game or more.

Churchie just dispatched BSHS 39-0, one week after State High pushed Toowoomba to the wire at home. We saw Toowoomba come within 6-points of BBC one week later at the same venue.

I know it's not how it works, but if BBC were close with Toowoomba, who were close with BSHS, then BBC and BSHS are roughly on par.

Especially (!) if BBC's shallow depth is tested any more than it has been already, Churchie will be safe.

Now please don't interpret my point as Churchie will flog them, I'm *definitely* not saying Churchie will beat BBC 39-0; but I think a 12 or 13 point win is to be expected.

Churchie host Toowoomba next week in a game that could either begin to confirm my premiership predictions, or scrap them entirely.

BBC may still finish top-3, but a premiership is off the cards IMO

My ladder prediction as of Round 3

1. ACGS
= TSS
3. NC
BBC
TGS
GT
IGS
BGS
BSHS

Sorry for shitty structuring of my thoughts, I'm on my phone with one eye on the Premier Colts final #UpHeavies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my ladder prediction was pretty good.

1. ACGS (correct)
2. NC (one off)
3. TSS (two off)
=. BBC (correct)
=. TGS (correct)
6. BSHS (three off)
7. GT (one off)
8. BGS (correct)
9. IGS (two off)

Status
Not open for further replies.