• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Not if BBC play like they did today - full cred to TGS (probably the better side but ikitau the difference again) BBC huge amount of errors and shocking commitment at breakdown

I have to agree with you. TGS was better team but Ikitau either scored or set up all tries including the matchwinner.
He and TGS 15 were brilliant.BBC need to look at 7 and 3 in 2nds who won 34-12.

Good day for BBC who won every A match from 11s to 15 s and 2nds and 3rds.TGS won 16A .
13A, 14A and 2nds had big wins. The all conquering 15A s of BBC continue to just squeak over the line.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I have to agree with you. TGS was better team but Ikitau either scored or set up all tries including the matchwinner.
He and TGS 15 were brilliant.BBC need to look at 7 and 3 in 2nds who won 34-12.

Good day for BBC who won every A match from 11s ton15 s and 2nds and 3rds.TGS won 16A
13A, 14A and 2nds had big wins. The all conquering 15A s of BBC continue to just squeak over the line.

Yep when BBC bought on Yanopa he had impact

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
GT and TSS will be a draw

One super close game and three big margins.

Gees Harry, only one second from this bold prediction result coming true. TSS love these close games though. This time on wrong side of ledger. Congrats to GT.

As said earlier, TGS unluckiest team in comp. So close so many times but so far away.

Big turnaround by IGS to push NC to the wire.

Some of these so called easy games to pick are turning out to be crackers of games.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Exciting finish to the game at Boondall today with Nudgee scoring a great try in the final minute to win 25-20 (5 tries to 2). It should have never been this close with 0 from 6 kicks at goal and a missed field goal from in front however Ipswich played well to stay in touch. Their big boys were taking toll of Nudgee by the end of the game. No 13 Topou who scored a double incl the winning try was by far and away their best player. It will be a great clash between the BBC 13 and NC 13 next week. Solid day for NC with 15A, 16A, 1XV and 2XV all winning. U13 NC were desperately unlucky not to win after leading 12-0 with 5 minutes to go. The sheer size of Ipswich finally won out in the end.

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
1e5fc40acba9ae152aeedcf680d151fe.jpg

16A NC 31 d IGS 10

Sent from my SM-G920I
Terrific match in the Under 16A. Terrace down a man for 10 minutes early with their inside centre yellow carded for a dangerous tackle. Terrace hung in and it could have gone either way. Terrace line out was in trouble. With five minutes to go TSS up 7-0 and looked like it was their day. Good try GT and all level at 7 all. A minute to go and the GT inside Centre redeemed himself with a great tackle resulting in the ball loose and GT score. Good work from the GT winger to get there. While GT won both sides had their chances.
TSS were very good. Love to see them against the crack Churchie side.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Exciting finish to the game at Boondall today with Nudgee scoring a great try in the final minute to win 25-20 (5 tries to 2). It should have never been this close with 0 from 6 kicks at goal and a missed field goal from in front however Ipswich played well to stay in touch. Their big boys were taking toll of Nudgee by the end of the game. No 13 Topou who scored a double incl the winning try was by far and away their best player. It will be a great clash between the BBC 13 and NC 13 next week. Solid day for NC with 15A, 16A, 1XV and 2XV all winning. U13 NC were desperately unlucky not to win after leading 12-0 with 5 minutes to go. The sheer size of Ipswich finally won out in the end.

Nudgee Captain and goal kicker Augustus Rangihuna had an off day.
Kicking practice next week.
BBC v NC at Toowong will be cracker (Round 5).
Good to see fullback Willy Malala return from injury.

LineBreak15

Bob McCowan (2)
Jesus Christ the game between GT v TSS. I thought some of those referees calls were very harsh against Southport. No wonder he hasn't been asked back to super rugby....

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Closest competition in years, great to see so many teams in contention with anyone of 5 teams potentially winning. What odds a joint premiership possibly up to 3 teams?

Lemno01

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not if BBC play like they did today - full cred to TGS (probably the better side but ikitau the difference again) BBC huge amount of errors and shocking commitment at breakdown

Couldn't agree more. A very different performance to last week.

I also couldn't quite understand why they kept kicking to a very dangerous back-line that constantly tore them apart.

Good for BBC to grind out a win though - something that has historically been an issue.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Jesus Christ the game between GT v TSS. I thought some of those referees calls were very harsh against Southport. No wonder he hasn't been asked back to super rugby..

Berry did not referee this match so I hope you are not implying that.

I also suggest that calls went both ways throughout the game and I honestly think the referee was fair overall. That is rugby. We are lucky to have officials.

I would also like to say after watching a great game of rugby from two passionate schools, it was disappointing to see the way Southport supported in some stages. Deliberately doing warcry, cheering, yelling and chants while a goalkicks were taken as well as doing the same antics for lineouts.

After all, this kids are kids.

Whisperer

Frank Nicholson (4)
Berry did not referee this match so I hope you are not implying that.

I also suggest that calls went both ways throughout the game and I honestly think the referee was fair overall. That is rugby. We are lucky to have officials.

I would also like to say after watching a great game of rugby from two passionate schools, it was disappointing to see the way Southport supported in some stages. Deliberately doing warcry, cheering, yelling and chants while a goalkicks were taken as well as doing the same antics for lineouts.

After all, this kids are kids.
I agree
It is bad form to scream when the kicks or line outs are being done.

Poor form and Head of Rugby should stamp that out.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
I also couldn't quite understand why they kept kicking to a very dangerous back-line that constantly tore them apart.

bbc did same thing last week and it cost them the win. why are they not kicking to touch ?their kicking game is poor.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)

bbc did same thing last week and it cost them the win. why are they not kicking to touch ?their kicking game is poor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
BBC tactical kicking game was very poor and just lucky the TGS backs counter never found the try line, BBC back 3 also very wee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.