• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
I am a little surprised at the lack of chatter of the upset of the season of Igs def undefeated bshs
It was a cracking game

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
Interesting to see bshs beat ippy in both 14 and 15's. cant wait to ring my state high mates

15s finally got their act together, but to be honest the IGS 14s were a shade of what I remember from last year because I wouldn't have called it great rugby there were lots of great individuals but not exactly all meshing together well for both sides.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
I am a little surprised at the lack of chatter of the upset of the season of Igs def undefeated bshs
It was a cracking game

The two big results from the the weekend were IGS over BSHS in the Firsts and TGS 5 d ACGS 0 in the 16a's which has opened up the 16s as widely as the firsts, with five sides (NC, GT, TSS, TGS and ACGS) all with one loss.

Should be some classics in the 16s over the next 4 weeks.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
New
"Terrrific day out at Miston Street. Fields in immaculate condition and quality of rugby was first class.
Yes -the field was in great shape":
1) can they cross mow my lawn like Miskin st ? like a carpet!;
2) there is no better viewing oval in GPS- you are so close to the game--because it is the only ground where the rugby pitch is not inside a full size cricket oval (OMG the the BGS seats are so far away);
3) surely BBC have ridden their luck as far as it will go?? the crowd and the bench have got them home last 2 weeks-other than that their execution was not 1st class.Take 13 out & they lose by 15 both weeks.

MongoRahRahFilth

Bob McCowan (2)
By the looks of this years comp I believe it's safe to say so body can be slept on , it's anyone's game on the day this was evident at Miskin on Saturday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darvo

Peter Burge (5)
Gilbert for BGS was quite destructive on the weekend considering the circumstances. Could be a danger man next year for grammar.

Darvo

Peter Burge (5)
Borger was electric off the bench. Reminds me of a young Sean McMahon - strong defense and hard runs. Really great work ethic. Things are looking up for BGS.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
The two big results from the the weekend were IGS over BSHS in the Firsts and TGS 5 d ACGS 0 in the 16a's which has opened up the 16s as widely as the firsts, with five sides (NC, GT, TSS, TGS and ACGS) all with one loss.

Should be some classics in the 16s over the next 4 weeks.

B&G, I thought you would have to give acknowledgement to BBC defeating NC for the first time since Moses was captain of the Wanderer's First XV as being a big result.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Yep, this BBC team has a spirit (if not as much talent) that I haven't seen in the other Toowong teams of recent years. The 13 is a rare talent.

I guess their win had had plenty of press and probably not as big a 'shock' as the other two for mine - I for one thought/think this is NC's weakest team in quite e a few years - saw nothing to change to my mind on Saturday.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Talk about damning with faint praise BAG !

And that's a nice view of your backhand in the delivery of the compliment too m'man

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
New
"Terrrific day out at Miston Street. Fields in immaculate condition and quality of rugby was first class.
[/INDENT
Yes -the field was in great shape":
1) can they cross mow my lawn like Miskin st ? like a carpet!;
2) there is no better viewing oval in GPS- you are so close to the game--because it is the only ground where the rugby pitch is not inside a full size cricket oval (OMG the the BGS seats are so far away);
3) surely BBC have ridden their luck as far as it will go?? the crowd and the bench have got them home last 2 weeks-other than that their execution was not 1st class.Take 13 out & they lose by 15 both weeks.

So green with envy Blue and White

Be sure to PM me your address so I know where to send the case of sour grapes​

JR2

Bob McCowan (2)
TGS is not played on the cricket ovals and is a great place to watch Rugby also,though I agree BBC is probably the best to watch at Blue and White

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
TGS is not played on the cricket ovals and is a great place to watch Rugby also,though I agree BBC is probably the best to watch at Blue and White

you have a point but the fact is at TGS and other grounds the seating is further back away from the sideline.At miskin oval it is rectangular not oval so you are right next to the sideline- I know because I could hear the hits and there were some beauties. NC 8 put some big ones on.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)

So green with envy Blue and White

Be sure to PM me your address so I know where to send the case of sour grapes​

can you also send me the details of the grass at bbc.
you have to admit the 1st half by Bbc was poor , the scrum was poor,the lineout poor and the kicking game was worst than poor.
How the hell did they win then? Why no changes by nc when game was played at breakneck speed.?
few grumbles about 16a winger warming up but not going on.

Whisperer

Frank Nicholson (4)
can you also send me the details of the grass at bbc.
you have to admit the 1st half by Bbc was poor , the scrum was poor,the lineout poor and the kicking game was worst than poor.
How the hell did they win then? Why no changes by nc when game was played at breakneck speed.?
few grumbles about 16a winger warming up but not going on.
All that so poor and they still win!!
How funny
Can't wait to see what happens with just a little improvement then

LetsbeReasonable

Allen Oxlade (6)
The line outs were shocking by BBC but whilst number 13 was excellent, he was given excellent field position by the 10. I think 13 and 10 have some of the best defence I have seen in a while. Anybody know if coaches told both teams to not kick it out? With BBCs line outs I can understand why it happened for them.

Whisperer

Frank Nicholson (4)
The line outs were shocking by BBC but whilst number 13 was excellent, he was given excellent field position by the 10. I think 13 and 10 have some of the best defence I have seen in a while. Anybody know if coaches told both teams to not kick it out? With BBCs line outs I can understand why it happened for them.
A lot of teams are kicking to the sideline at present rather than touch as the chase puts the attack under pressure rather than give a set play

Status
Not open for further replies.