• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Old Prop

Frank Row (1)
Nudgee and TSS probably have the best coaches in the comp. But State high probably the worst..

I agree. As a BSHS parent i find it a little strange that despit all the signs, the same coaching team (and I presume the same 5 year old game plan) will be in place for next year.

E

englishcharger

hello,
first time posting here. is there a list of GPS old boys who played in the rwc 2015

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
hello,
first time posting here. is there a list of GPS old boys who played in the rwc 2015

The ones I know off the top of my head are:

1. Nick Phipps - The Kings School
  2. Dean Mumm - The Kings School
  3. David Pocock - Churchie
  4. Will Genia - BBC
  5. Rob Simmons - Southport
  6. Stephen Moore - Brisbane Grammar
  7. Quade Cooper - Churchie
  8. Kurty Beale - St Joseph's College - Sydney
  9. James Slipper - Southport
  10. Joe Tomane - St Joseph's Nudgee
  11. Matt Tooumua - Brisbane State Hig
I'm sure there are others i've missed off the list....

E

englishcharger

The ones I know off the top of my head are:

1. Nick Phipps - The Kings School
  2. Dean Mumm - The Kings School
  3. David Pocock - Churchie
  4. Will Genia - BBC
  5. Rob Simmons - Southport
  6. Stephen Moore - Brisbane Grammar
  7. Quade Cooper - Churchie
  8. Kurty Beale - St Joseph's College - Sydney
  9. James Slipper - Southport
  10. Joe Tomane - St Joseph's Nudgee
  11. Matt Tooumua - Brisbane State Hig
I'm sure there are others i've missed off the list..

Great to see so many from the QLD GPS competition.

was Nemani nadolo from Nudgee ?

E

englishcharger

can their be an opinion on next years competition for the following schools as if they were going to improve, recruitment, coaches:
Ipswich Grammar
Brisbane Grammar
Terrace
thanks

E

englishcharger

But QLD GPS have still not had a RWC winning captain!

yes, but Stephen Moore changed a culture of a team, from its selfish ways the wallabies were to actual discipline and to actually appreciation. from being a selfish team who everyone thought they had the right, to they have to earn the right! something very few captains across the world can do.
Note: very few - doesn't mean none

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
can their be an opinion on next years competition for the following schools as if they were going to improve, recruitment, coaches:
Ipswich Grammar
Brisbane Grammar
Terrace
thanks

I expect GT to be much more competitive over the next 4-5 years than they have been for the last 3 - they have a lot of good talent coming through.

I don't expect to see many, if any recruits joining the 1st squad this year and the coaching wont change dramatically IMO.

Very hard to pick a team this far out as there are a lot back from last years starting team, a very solid U16 cohort moving through and some very talented U15's looking to put pressure on the older boys.

Not confident they have the size to beat all comers in 2016 but I would be disappointed if they aren't in the top 2-3 and challenging for the title over the next several seasons.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I expect GT to be much more competitive over the next 4-5 years than they have been for the last 3 - they have a lot of good talent coming through.

I don't expect to see many, if any recruits joining the 1st squad this year and the coaching wont change dramatically IMO.

Very hard to pick a team this far out as there are a lot back from last years starting team, a very solid U16 cohort moving through and some very talented U15's looking to put pressure on the older boys.

Not confident they have the size to beat all comers in 2016 but I would be disappointed if they aren't in the top 2-3 and challenging for the title over the next several seasons.

let's not get ahead of ourselves. A 16a cohort who finished near the bottom and a first XV that one 3 games?

TSS look the goods to me, along with a strong bshs side

Bladerunner

Frank Nicholson (4)
let's not get ahead of ourselves. A 16a cohort who finished near the bottom and a first XV that one 3 games?

TSS look the goods to me, along with a strong bshs side

Due to the amount of grade 11's that played either 1st's or 2nd's and the boys for 16a's i cant see any of the boys from this years 15's making the 1st

E

englishcharger

top 5 next year -
TSS - very strong 16'a side and 15 a side. A few boys in the 1st squad bringing the experience edge to the side, most likely one to be a captain
Churchie - a powerhouse rugby school in the 1stxv competition, with their confidence building high. a couple of returning players with some good buys I've been told. I find 3 in a row close to impossible but a lot of people doubting this previous season
BSHS - very impressive wins this year, a lot of depth in the 15's age group, glad to see them do well. they have been looking for new coaching staff, as people have been asked and said no, though i don't think they'll stop their.
BGS - Phil mooney will hopefully bring that professional edge to their rugby school. a strong cohort in the 2016 year 12's, with 2 boys in their 3rd year of 1stxv rugby. finally though a bit of depth in forwards, tho lack depth in general. haven'd heard of any buys for next year though
BBC - constantly in the 1stxv always having talented players, just dont have what it takes to win a premiership - comes from the coaches to all the egos in the sqaud

nudgee - won't do as well as their side will be young and not strong. coaches will be pulling in miracles to do something well with this side. simply their preseason has started way to early - the gym has already started...... if i was one of those boys i wouldnt be stuffed to go

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
nudgee - won't do as well as their side will be young and not strong. coaches will be pulling in miracles to do something well with this side. simply their preseason has started way to early - the gym has already started.. if i was one of those boys i wouldnt be stuffed to go

Given NC lost only one game in the 16's and 2 (both with significant players unavailable) in the 15's I am prepared to say they will finish in front of the majority of your Top 5 list.

Did BSHS win a game in the 16 A's - not sure why all the positive BSHS talk this off season.

What odds you giving on NC finishing in front of BGS??

E

englishcharger

Given NC lost only one game in the 16's and 2 (both with significant players unavailable) in the 15's I am prepared to say they will finish in front of the majority of your Top 5 list.

Did BSHS win a game in the 16 A's - not sure why all the positive BSHS talk this off season.

What odds you giving on NC finishing in front of BGS??

okay explain if they are so good, why they didn't win a outright premiership and any A teams across the GPS?

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
okay explain if they are so good, why they didn't win a outright premiership and any A teams across the GPS?

I never said they were 'so good' just that they are (2015) and will remain (2016) better than the majority of your top 5 based on nearly all exposed measurables.

If anything my post was saying your top 5 is extremely unlikely to pan out.

Maybe I should of asked why you think BSHS and BGS are going to move up from 6th and 9th respectively when they won just one game between them in the 16's (and that was BGS 17-12 win over BSHS).

On top of that BGS finished last in the 15s (without a win) and BSHS really benefited from GTs immersion program.

E

englishcharger

I never said they were 'so good' just that they are (2015) and will remain (2016) better than the majority of your top 5 based on nearly all exposed measurables.

If anything my post was saying your top 5 is extremely unlikely to pan out.

Maybe I should of asked why you think BSHS and BGS are going to move up from 6th and 9th respectively when they won just one game between them in the 16's (and that was BGS 17-12 win over BSHS).

On top of that BGS finished last in the 15s (without a win) and BSHS really benefited from GTs immersion program.

GT's 15's arent that strong, hence why they are not in the top 5.
i explained my reasons, as returing players, Paddy Hogan, Frazer Mcreight, Joe Bublo, Shaw, Josh Baker, Andy Traves with also 2 injured players who were in year 11 one meant to be in year 12 with both of these players not getting any games. Two boys in the u15 team played 1stxv this year until a complaint, with Borger (unsure of 1st name) pushing on the flanker position.

i Could say the same thing over and over again, but the recruitment of Phil Mooney is superb. Name a better head of rugby than him?

For BSHS, their 15's are strong. A very quick and slippery back line, consisting of a good fly half, with very good wingers and fullbacks. a good coach will come into the school.

The Nudgee Game plan is being exposed, coaches are easily getting their way around Nudgee now - Churche and BSHS and nearly TSS

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
GT's 15's arent that strong, hence why they are not in the top 5.
i explained my reasons, as returing players, Paddy Hogan, Frazer Mcreight, Joe Bublo, Shaw, Josh Baker, Andy Traves with also 2 injured players who were in year 11 one meant to be in year 12 with both of these players not getting any games. Two boys in the u15 team played 1stxv this year until a complaint, with Borger (unsure of 1st name) pushing on the flanker position.

i Could say the same thing over and over again, but the recruitment of Phil Mooney is superb. Name a better head of rugby than him?

For BSHS, their 15's are strong. A very quick and slippery back line, consisting of a good fly half, with very good wingers and fullbacks. a good coach will come into the school.

The Nudgee Game plan is being exposed, coaches are easily getting their way around Nudgee now - Churche and BSHS and nearly TSS

Firstly your writing is all over the place to the point that its difficult to understand, you probably just need to calm down and before you press submit read through what you have written.....

Ok, GT as pointed out have an immersion program that affects their 15s rugby program its been well documented and seems like everyone apart from yourself seem to know this, it affects the results in their 15s and in doing so lifts (inflates) the results of other schools, what B & G is saying is that in his opinion BSHS was one of the schools that benefitted from GTs immersion program and that their 5th placing or whatever it was really isn't a true indication of what the 15 cohort have to offer...

As for BGS truth be known, there entire squad could be returning and Michael Chieka could be the Director of rugby that won't be enough to make a difference they will be bottom half of the table, no offence to the players you mention above and the 2 X 15 year old boys you mention..... I really don't understand your point are the names you mention supposed quality? sorry did they play GPS1, 2 or 3 or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.