• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Any boys from BBC and IGS Under 15 should talk to the school about trying out for the Met West U15 team. Trials are at Sunnybank Rugby CLub on Tuesday 31 May.

Other regions should be trialling soon too.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
While I do not think the results of the GPS trials will be definitive because they are trials, we should start to get indications of how teams will start to stack up.

With a couple of months before the season proper begins, no doubt injuries and maintaining form will be factors that could cloud the issue.

Looking at earlier posts, I think that Nudgee, IGS and BSHS will have the youngest teams. At the other end, I believe that TSS, GT and BBC will have the older teams by average age in the comp.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
That is probably correct-with NC not far behind>But TSS & BBC are way out in front with number of REP players returning.

Frank Smith

Stan Wickham (3)
The boy must have been in the running for 1sts or 16a this year its a strange move to make from a rugby power house to top 4 contenders - Is there a new #9 at Nudgee? Or is this more than just a Rugby move?

Yes - the boy was a great contender for the 1sts or 16A's. I think there is a #9 - league boy (U16) obviously plays like a "league" player. Last year he took the ball up to the line too much and appeared to lack good communication skills and is not very vocal in organising players. If it is the #9 I am thinking of I hope he improves his game, judgement and reaction. Overall a big loss for NC.

Frank Smith

Stan Wickham (3)
GPS Trials @ TSS Saturday 21st June

Pool 1

11:00am ACGS v GT
11:45am ACGS v TGS
12:30pm TGS v GT

Pool 2

11:00am NC v BGS
11:45am NC v TSS
12:30pm TSS v BGS

Pool 3

11:00am BBC v IGS
11:45am BBC v BSHS
12:30pm BSHS v IGS

If you take notice, the 21st June was last year's calendar. Do you mean 21st May?

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Demolished Sunshine Grammar. Lots of BBC players on the sidelines??
Team almost settled on bar one position in forwards. Big back line outside of Lucas. Under 16a look like they will be very competitive.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Team almost settled on bar one position in forwards. Big back line outside of Lucas. Under 16a look like they will be very competitive.
So any of the younger boys looking at making the grade? Ie Howard etc.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Although trials and don't they mean anything in the scheme of things, the 3 games at 11.45am look like little rippers.
Churchie v TGS - can the boys from up the hill put it over Churchie again?
NC v TSS - very young NC squad against an experienced TSS
BBC v BSHS - both teams hyped up on this thread, one will have the bragging rights for a couple of months until the main dance.
Hmmm, which one to watch?

Jo Mama

Frank Row (1)
The nudgee boy that has moved to terrace was cut from the nudgee first XV squad a few weeks back, I doubt it would have been due to lack of commitment or drive. Anybody know why?? also he has started at GT as a Grade 10 student.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
So any of the younger boys looking at making the grade? Ie Howard etc.

Looks like 6 is the only position up for grabs in the forwards (maybe the third prop) with two year 12 boys leading the race currently - doesn't look like any 16's will get in the pack at this stage but both locks are in Grade 11

Bladerunner

Frank Nicholson (4)
The nudgee boy that has moved to terrace was cut from the nudgee first XV squad a few weeks back, I doubt it would have been due to lack of commitment or drive. Anybody know why?? also he has started at GT as a Grade 10 student.

A half back from Victoria all of a sudden appeared at Nudgee, what a surprise.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)

I heard SCG 9 was the star of the show

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Although trials and don't they mean anything in the scheme of things, the 3 games at 11.45am look like little rippers.
Churchie v TGS - can the boys from up the hill put it over Churchie again?
NC v TSS - very young NC squad against an experienced TSS
BBC v BSHS - both teams hyped up on this thread, one will have the bragging rights for a couple of months until the main dance.
Hmmm, which one to watch?

Lots of good judges(mainly from Broncos) saying TGS 13 will be one to watch this year.

as for tomorrow- BBC have 6 or 7 out.

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
A half back from Victoria all of a sudden appeared at Nudgee, what a surprise.
Heard the same thing but from NZ not Victoria, I also thought Roma might have been 9 at Nudgee this year. GT are known for producing developing quality 9s the boy will find it tough to break in there might be reason behind grade 10

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Has Ashton Watson moved to 13 this year?

Also, for the guys that have been around for a little while - Saturday afternoon's Premier Grade game of the round pitches two of my BGS Rugby sporting heroes against each other.

The zesty match between BGS' 2010-2011 No.8 (left) and 2012 Premiership-winning outside centre (right) will be one for the ages.
Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 10.49.10 am.png

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
Don't think NC will be as young come July as you think, except for a couple of standouts! But tomorrow will be just good for the lads to play some rugby after months of training!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.