• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ippy 15As

The Nudgee, TSS, and BGS pool looked to be quite even BGS will not be the easy beats of the past, Nudgee had a few 16a boys playing but again look strong even if not quite having all their guns firing yet, TSS with players missing for what ever reason have a monster pack and deserve to be called premiership favourites . its early days I know

The GT, ACGS, TGS pool was one sided with an impressive GT team winning both games by a long way #10 and # 14 standouts in the backs and a workmanlike skillful forward pack.

Thanks for that, it sounds like the battle for sprig hill (BGS V GT) will be a good one then.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Yep work to be done!
NC, TSS and BGS would be pretty happy with the hit out. All three have plenty to work on for season proper. But overall when the passes start sticking there's going be some good games next term.
From the talent on display, GPS1, 2 and 3 are going to be strong this year, didn't see any absolute standouts though.

Pocock_is_god

Frank Row (1)
From the talent on display, GPS1, 2 and 3 are going to be strong this year, didn't see any absolute standouts though.

No standouts? Clearly didn't see the GT games. Isaac Lucas almost single handily dismantled a churchie and tgs backline and when Will Eadie was given room made every other winger look stupid

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wandered down to the first field to have a look at the BBC v State High game. Bit bemused why they had non contested scrums. Who forgot their front row?

Slimjim1966

Frank Nicholson (4)
not 100% sure but I think a BBC prop may have taken a heavy hit in the first few mins of the IGS game, I'm sure they would have had reserve props so I may be wrong.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Some photos from yesterday here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100900132@N02/albums/72157668391089381

I tried to get a few photos of each team, was was not able to as I arrived late, so missed some teams completely.

26557706113_3112516f0d_c_d.jpg

Hi Mate
Thankyou for the photos, some great ones there, better than ones we have paid for, very kind of you to share, cheers

Frank Nicholson (4)
BGS has definitely lifted but did NC run it's top 15 on the paddock for the start of the game?

Michalak

Bob McCowan (2)
Managed to watch some of the games on the weekend out at TSS and thought I'd add my two cents.

Churchie and TGS did not look overly impressive, plenty of lose carries and handling errors, with a large majority of their game spent packing scrums. 9 and 10 from Churchie look like they have ability so I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the GPS teams. Could not pinpoint any notables from TGS from the day.

GT looked the goods. They were clinical in their breakdown and appeared to be able to play good structure. Notables from GT are number 2,5,10,11 and 14.

The other pool I managed to watch was the NC, TSS and BGS pool. Like everyone said, BGS won't be the easy beats this year, and they appeared have a few boys resting (injuries) on the sidelines? Their forward pack was particularly impressive. Notables from BGS were 1,4,8,13 and 15 (with the few touches he got).

NC are as always a big side, and apparently were also resting players. Their 13 looked very good, always making metres and strong in defence. Their forward pack was solid all round. TSS are also very big, as expected. Their front row is massive. Notables included 1,3,8,12,13.

Did not manage to catch the other teams play.

Slimjim1966

Frank Nicholson (4)
Managed to watch some of the games on the weekend out at TSS and thought I'd add my two cents.

Churchie and TGS did not look overly impressive, plenty of lose carries and handling errors, with a large majority of their game spent packing scrums. 9 and 10 from Churchie look like they have ability so I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the GPS teams. Could not pinpoint any notables from TGS from the day.

GT looked the goods. They were clinical in their breakdown and appeared to be able to play good structure. Notables from GT are number 2,5,10,11 and 14.

The other pool I managed to watch was the NC, TSS and BGS pool. Like everyone said, BGS won't be the easy beats this year, and they appeared have a few boys resting (injuries) on the sidelines? Their forward pack was particularly impressive. Notables from BGS were 1,4,8,13 and 15 (with the few touches he got).

NC are as always a big side, and apparently were also resting players. Their 13 looked very good, always making metres and strong in defence. Their forward pack was solid all round. TSS are also very big, as expected. Their front row is massive. Notables included 1,3,8,12,13.

Interesting few comments , I agree with you in regard to TSS, big pack and they did look mobile , one could not help notice the amount of BGS boys on the sidelines!! Enough for me to ask a parent from the school were there a number of boys to come back from injuries , unfortunately for BGS the short answer was no, maybe on 2 and one more mid way through the season. The reason given for the turn out was the new coaching staff are trying to get a very strong team culture within the group, having apparently come from a strong rugby school in their day that was a change they wanted to make, keeping every one involved even if they are not playing (something I'm sure most schools have been doing for a long time but It may be something BGS have been missing over the past few seasons.

As for TGS , I only saw 20mins of their game v GT and I thought they looked good compared to other teams, don't be surprised if the have more boys selected than you think , agree with the loose carries, seemed to be the same on all fields , hopefully another 8 weeks of training can tighten all the teams up

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great comments, however I think u may have 10 and 15 from churchie confused, 15 from churchie was clearly on fire, I would not be surprised to see him maybe move to 10 for churchie

Status
Not open for further replies.