• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Nudgee vs BGS: Slow and wet game which resulted in basically no running rugby. Both teams clearly had kicking for territory as one of their focus points and NC's kicking game was far superior to that of Grammars'. Injuries to #6 and #4 of BGS. A few missed kicks from Hogan and some missed tackles (tough ones considering the conditions) cost the Light Dark Blue. Having said that, Grammar were able to control Nudgee defensively for a good 10-15 minutes when they were camped on their line. Nudgee #10 controlled the play very well.
Nudgee verdict: Tough game to display their attacking flair - should be reasonably happy with the result.
BGS verdict: The Grammar boys also seemingly relied upon using a wide attack and this cost them at times. Was the correct decision to go for the points most times, however, Hogan's boot just wasn't quite there today. Yes, 38-3 isn't the prettiest scoreline, but I think BGS were always in the contest and capable of competing. Round 1 boys - hold your heads high.
("bahog" - you're clearly new to this forum and calling the BGS team "hapless" is probably a slight exaggeration)

I

Ippy 15As

I decided to have a change from IGS today and went out to the BGS vs NC clash. I couldn't help myself from checking out the 16Bs game as I remember the score two years ago was around 98-0. I was quite shocked to see grammar only lose 33-7. This is a big turn around and I expect big things from the grammar 16s against weaker opponents such as churchie.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
I decided to have a change from IGS today and went out to the BGS vs NC clash. I couldn't help myself from checking out the 16Bs game as I remember the score two years ago was around 98-0. I was quite shocked to see grammar only lose 33-7. This is a big turn around and I expect big things from the grammar 16s against weaker opponents such as churchie.

Very surprised that you weren't out watching the Red and White today!

bahog

Bob McCowan (2)
Nudgee vs BGS: Slow and wet game which resulted in basically no running rugby. Both teams clearly had kicking for territory as one of their focus points and NC's kicking game was far superior to that of Grammars'. Injuries to #6 and #4 of BGS. A few missed kicks from Hogan and some missed tackles (tough ones considering the conditions) cost the Light Dark Blue. Having said that, Grammar were able to control Nudgee defensively for a good 10-15 minutes when they were camped on their line. Nudgee #10 controlled the play very well.
Nudgee verdict: Tough game to display their attacking flair - should be reasonably happy with the result.
BGS verdict: The Grammar boys also seemingly relied upon using a wide attack and this cost them at times. Was the correct decision to go for the points most times, however, Hogan's boot just wasn't quite there today. Yes, 38-3 isn't the prettiest scoreline, but I think BGS were always in the contest and capable of competing. Round 1 boys - hold your heads high.
("bahog" - you're clearly new to this forum and calling the BGS team "hapless" is probably a slight exaggeration)
Yes I am new to the forum. In my world "hapless" means unlucky or unfortunate. Yes, you are correct, I did exaggerate a little considering the score line.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
So Nudgee beat Grammar, TSS beat Towoomba, State High beat Terrace and Ipswich beat Churchie?? Some final scores would be good.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Mate at the ACGS match said the IGS back line ran holes right through the ACGS. Centres
Nothing like going to print without solid facts!
Ipswich scored two tries through the forwards late in the second half after Churchie had a forward binned for ten. First try straight off the penalty and a line out drive, 2nd off a pick and drive 5 minutes later through the forwards. Taking nothing away from Ippy. Both teams played their hearts out and were equal across the park until the binning. How about on this thread we comment on what we see!

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
IGS 23 Churchie 13. Injury to 10 and 4 in the first half and Yellow card to Churchie 6 didn't help their cause. IGS deserved their win. Big forward pack who kept going In the wet conditions. Both 13's had a real go at each other.

16A ACGS 22 nil
15A IGS 5 nil
14A IGS 30 odd to 5 ?
13 A by two tries

I think ACGS won all B and C games. Could be wrong on 16.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
IGS 23 Churchie 13. Injury to 10 and 4 in the first half and Yellow card to Churchie 6 didn't help their cause. IGS deserved their win. Big forward pack who kept going In the wet conditions. Both 13's had a real go at each other.

16A ACGS 22 nil
15A IGS 5 nil
14A IGS 30 odd to 5 ?
13 A by two tries

14A IGS 39 ACGS 5

Considering IGS won 100 - 0 last year that's actually a decent result for the boys in blue. Add to that GT turned around a 60-0 loss last year going down 28-17 against State High and only after they lost their star centre at the start of the second half. I'd say this is the last year IGS will dominate the age group, they'll have a fight against BSHS, GT, and BBC.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from TSS v TGS here:

Flickr or Facebook

28262513211_4748669231_c_d.jpg

Peter at Mitchell

Frank Row (1)
My sons encouraged me to comment on this forum so I shall.
My brothers boys are at Nudgee & my sisters kids at High.
Went to Fursden Rd this morning. I personally thought the terrace add on's that barker introduced in the 14's were good, but only good, not great. I know Tom, he coached me in 1989, I know how he roles. He was very good for us league boys from western Queensland. My best on ground in the 14's game was the red head BSHS kid who generally played 15, game plan between that boys ears far exceeded any one else on that field.
Went into town to watch 1st at South Brisbane, the terrace loose forwards were soft as butter. It was really disappointing. They had High often at the contest but took soft options, or just weren't hard enough. The score did not reflect the State High dominance of this game. The second half was played on terraces 22m line. No terrace boy should be in a rep team. The state high #8 was best on ground by lengths. Maybe the High prop, 8, 9 & 15 have schoolboy rep options claims, maybe. No player I watched in the 1st XV today will play super rugby.

Pocock_is_god

Frank Row (1)
No terrace boy should be in a rep team. The state high #8 was best on ground by lengths. Maybe the High prop, 8, 9 & 15 have schoolboy rep options claims, maybe. No player I watched in the 1st XV today will play super rugby.

Don't know what game you were watching but the state high 8 was a passenger for most of it. If half the 50/50 calls go terraces way it's a different game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter at Mitchell

Frank Row (1)
Don't know what game you were watching but the state high 8 was a passenger for most of it. If half the 50/50 calls go terraces way it's a different game.

I thought the 8 was outstanding, his try in the first half a lesson on how to play loose & tight over the course of 3 or 4 rucks. The ref was atrocious but 50/50 atrocious. The loose forwards for terrace were more atrocious. My boys are at TGS, I was very surprised at how soft the terrace 6, 7 & 8 were. Terrace can not win more games then they lose with that back row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)

16A ACGS 22 nil
15A IGS 5 nil
14A IGS 30 odd to 5 ?
13 A by two tries

Surprised Churchie 16A got up against IGS. Weren't IGS premiers last year? Anybody see the game?

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Nothing like going to print without solid facts!
Ipswich scored two tries through the forwards late in the second half after Churchie had a forward binned for ten. First try straight off the penalty and a line out drive, 2nd off a pick and drive 5 minutes later through the forwards. Taking nothing away from Ippy. Both teams played their hearts out and were equal across the park until the binning. How about on this thread we comment on what we see!

Spoke to a mate who "saw" this game and who has been watching ACGS for over a decade.
He said:
1) Churchie attack was pedestrian;
2) IGS centres punched holes through opposites all day.
His eyes are as good as mine WW . Tough year for ACGS without the Gilmour residue of boys and no Broncos factor
me thinks but the 2 new boys 3 and 5 went well

Status
Not open for further replies.