• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

from the side

Thanks I reckon I would take that bet because my money would be on BBC.
Using the following formula
A’s including 1st XV 3 pts
B’s 2 points
C’s 1 point.
If you don’t have a C’s, bad luck
And including the 12 A’s only in that year.
Draw shares the points .
“The Real GPS Rugby Premiers” would look like this after Round 2
Terrace 48 pts
Nudgee 48 pts
TSS 34.5 pts
Ipswich 33.5 pts
TGS 29 pts
BBC 29 pts
ACGS 15 pts
BSHS 12 pts
BGS 4 pts
Note Byes BBC and BSHS
I will keep you updated.
Viking Rugby ?? Quantity doesn’t necessarily mean quality.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
I agree with your sentiment, however Rugby ..... is a much older sport than Cross Country or Rowing.

Just to clarify... despite the GPS sport website not including the Rowing results prior to 1955, GPS Rowing was held from the establishment of the GPS in 1918. In fact schools including BGS and BBC and I suspect others competed in schoolboy rowing prior to GPS. 2016 marks 100 years since competitive rowing commenced at BBC.

Rowing was once a 1stIV awarded premiership and from 1955 became 1stVIII. The whole of sport competition (O'Connor Cup) was introduced in 1988. Maybe Rugby will move in that direction too, probably without replacing the 1stXV prize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Well put ur money where yr mouth is.... Then u can go back through history, if u can get the records and give me ur money

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)

Yeah but not every school has rowed until much later.....so a pointless example

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Well good for BBC. Well done. This is a rugby forum; not trying to be too rude, but does BBC know what that sport is?

F

from the side

BBC seem to know a bit about rugby at the moment, just ask BGS 1st XV last weekend. Also just because rugby is older than rowing, whilst arguable, shouldnt mean that the 16 C's rugby side is less relevant than the under 16 2nd IV in the GPS system. I think there would be a few rugby directors a little anxious about having a whole of school award.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Thanks I reckon I would take that bet because my money would be on BBC.
Using the following formula
A’s including 1st XV 3 pts
B’s 2 points
C’s 1 point.
If you don’t have a C’s, bad luck
And including the 12 A’s only in that year.
Draw shares the points .
“The Real GPS Rugby Premiers” would look like this after Round 2
Terrace 48 pts
Nudgee 48 pts
TSS 34.5 pts
Ipswich 33.5 pts
TGS 29 pts
BBC 29 pts
ACGS 15 pts
BSHS 12 pts
BGS 4 pts
Note Byes BBC and BSHS
I will keep you updated.
Viking Rugby ?? Quantity doesn’t necessarily mean quality.

What about the e's, f's, white team, green team, pink team?? Gotta have it all inclusive if your going to do it. And if it's to be equal then every team in every competition should be equal I.e. 9 to 1.

Otherwise ur making a convenient argument to suit ur outcome. Lies, dam lies and statistics.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
BBC seem to know a bit about rugby at the moment, just ask BGS 1st XV last weekend. Also just because rugby is older than rowing, whilst arguable, shouldnt mean that the 16 C's rugby side is less relevant than the under 16 2nd IV in the GPS system. I think there would be a few rugby directors a little anxious about having a whole of school award.

Ah it's very arguable and a fact.

No they shouldn't be any less, but neither should be teams lower either. And your points system should be from 9-1. Because the team coming last may be important to the outcome.

Yes probably state high, igs, bgs, maybe tgs and tss (bsc crickey it would cost them a fortune to do this). So maybe it's not a great idea at all.

Why don't u BBC guys spend more time trying to win your second rugby premiership instead of trying to figure out way of trying to win something in rugby.

F

from the side

As far as school loyalties are concerned BBC for mine is at the bottom of the list, so dont confuse my argument as a rallying cry for the weirdo's in boaters . The point that is being made here is the first XV is a poor representation of a schools rugby ability, and a more accurate representation of the headmaster's allocation of funds. There can be no argument to that.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Had the week off last week because I was just doing final interviews for the Reds job. Obviously Nick Stiles walked into the interview panel with a fatter envelope than I did. But I'm not bitter, he has got the results on the board, just look at this season!

EDITED..

BGS Vs Churchie
Battle of the car park here. The final European car count from each school at kick off of the first XV game will in fact be used as a tie break in the instance of a drawn game at the end of the 70 minutes. Which is actually highly likely as both teams have struggled equally in the comp to date. Churchie mums were particularly annoyed at leaving Tennyson without a win last Saturday and that wasn't just because there was an RID on Vivian Street, those nasty Terrace mums wouldn't give them a Chardy after the game in the tuckshop either. They will be equally pissed off this week as the Grammarians edge ahead via the car count and and in my opinion the best loose forward in the comp.
BGS by the glove box of a BMW X5

TSS Vs BBC
Old Boys day at Southport on Saturday and what a great way to rain on the parade of BBC's first premiership since the Model T Ford won Wheels Car of the Year. Real Estate agents will be empty all over the coast as the Old Boys flood the Village Green in a sea of Chambray and white powder to watch the TSS steam roller hit top gear. But this will be closer than Alan Jones giving a post match gee up to the Wallabies in the shower after a test match in the eighties. Uncomfortably close in fact. Some tall timber in the BBC pack and some patience not seen at Miskin Street since forever might just get them home.
BBC by 1

TGS Vs BSHS
TGS the home of the worst hair cuts in the comp vs State High the other home of the worst hair cuts in the comp. Bowl cuts vs Rats Tails. Firm handshakes vs The Dab. None of it's good. Toowoomba will bring the ref for this game up on Friday night and marry him to a long lost cousin of the headmaster and strap a steer to the roof his Camry. Before sending him down the range to South Brisbane. That should be enough to ensure a positive penalty count and ultimately for them to come away with a win.
TGS by 7

Ipswich Vs Terrace
This game will be a bit like watching the GPS U10's play the Sunnybank U16's. The Ippy forward pack will clean out the burger supply at the BBQ by about 9.30am. But thankfully The Commando and that annoying Personal Trainer woman will do the pre-game warm up for them. This should be enough for Ippys 500 kg weight advantage to ramp up momentum as the Terrace lads actually get blown off the main oval by a stiff southerly 10 minutes from full time.
Ippy by 12

Darvo

Peter Burge (5)
Had the week off last week because I was just doing final interviews for the Reds job. Obviously Nick Stiles walked into the interview panel with a fatter envelope than I did. But I'm not bitter, he has got the results on the board, just look at this season!

BGS Vs Churchie
Battle of the car park here. The final European car count from each school at kick off of the first XV game will in fact be used as a tie break in the instance of a drawn game at the end of the 70 minutes. Which is actually highly likely as both teams have struggled equally in the comp to date. Churchie mums were particularly annoyed at leaving Tennyson without a win last Saturday and that wasn't just because there was an RID on Vivian Street, those nasty Terrace mums wouldn't give them a Chardy after the game in the tuckshop either. They will be equally pissed off this week as the Grammarians edge ahead via the car count and and in my opinion the best loose forward in the comp.

TSS Vs BBC
Old Boys day at Southport on Saturday and what a great way to rain on the parade of BBC's first premiership since the Model T Ford won Wheels Car of the Year. Real Estate agents will be empty all over the coast as the Old Boys flood the Village Green in a sea of Chambray and white powder to watch the TSS steam roller hit top gear. But this will be closer than Alan Jones giving a post match gee up to the Wallabies in the shower after a test match in the eighties. Uncomfortably close in fact. Some tall timber in the BBC pack and some patience not seen at Miskin Street since forever might just get them home.
BBC by 1

TGS Vs BSHS
TGS the home of the worst hair cuts in the comp vs State High the other home of the worst hair cuts in the comp. Bowl cuts vs Rats Tails. none of it's good. The State High bus has in fact driven off the range on the way up before and in previous years this has helped Toowoomba chalk up a win and ensure most cars in the car park aren't a victim of grand theft auto. However, this year I think Toowoomba will get the ref for this game up on Friday night and marry him to a long lost cousin of the headmaster and strap a steer to the roof his Camry. That should be enough to ensure a positive penalty count and ultimately for them to come away with a win.
TGS by 7

Ipswich Vs Terrace
This game will be a bit like watching the GPS U10's play the Sunnybank U16's. The Ippy forward pack will clean out the burger supply at the BBQ by about 9.30am. But thankfully The Commando and that annoying Personal Trainer woman will do the pre-game warm up for them. This should be enough for Ippys 500 kg weight advantage to ramp up momentum as the Terrace lads actually get blown off the main oval by a stiff southerly 10 minutes from full time.
BSHS by 12

BGS Vs Churchie

TSS Vs BBC
BBC by 1

TGS Vs BSHS
TGS the home of the worst hair cuts in the comp vs State High the other home of the worst hair cuts in the comp. Bowl cuts vs Rats Tails. none of it's good. The State High bus has in fact driven off the range on the way up before and in previous years this has helped Toowoomba chalk up a win and ensure most cars in the car park aren't a victim of grand theft auto. However, this year I think Toowoomba will get the ref for this game up on Friday night and marry him to a long lost cousin of the headmaster and strap a steer to the roof his Camry. That should be enough to ensure a positive penalty count and ultimately for them to come away with a win.
TGS by 7

Ipswich Vs Terrace
BSHS by 12

Was that an Ippy win at full time?

I

Ippy 15As

EDITED..

BGS Vs Churchie

TSS Vs BBC
BBC by 1

TGS Vs BSHS
TGS the home of the worst hair cuts in the comp vs State High the other home of the worst hair cuts in the comp. Bowl cuts vs Rats Tails. Firm handshakes vs The Dab. None of it's good. Toowoomba will bring the ref for this game up on Friday night and marry him to a long lost cousin of the headmaster and strap a steer to the roof his Camry. Before sending him down the range to South Brisbane. That should be enough to ensure a positive penalty count and ultimately for them to come away with a win.
TGS by 7

Ipswich Vs Terrace
Ippy by 12

good stuff

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I would be very suprised to see Ippy get up this weekend. In saying that, their forward back is very large and they have a couple a backline guns.

They score points quickly and tend to start quite fast so if Terrace hold them out for the first 15, I see the game going Terrace's way 34-17

Status
Not open for further replies.