• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
This is a very strong age group on the Gold Coast who benefitted from the Gold Coast program which was developing 2 Gold Coast Teams for the QLD State Champs 2 years ago. Fantastic Development Program run by Murray Archibald, with amazing coaches and clinics right over a 2 year period. This age group attained a high skill level which we are seeing now.

You are right when you say this is a very strong age group. They always were; just look at this age group's young Surfers Paradise team's undefeated record and international undefeated tour in the years prior to any state champs. They followed this up with two strong teams as a result of attracting players from other clubs. They were able to build combinations over the years and I would suggest their development was due to the coaching within the club.

I think you are contributing their success to the short-lived Gold Coast Development Program which is now defunct and failed in the age group below.

Regardless, this has been a strong age group on the Gold Coast for some time and I'm sure we'll see a few of their players start to pop up in other GPS schools #cough Churchie #cough

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
Who's playing who this Saturday?
Is there any site that has the fixture listed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
So after 3 rounds only TSS, NC & BSHS are undefeated (only TSS have played all 3 rounds).
I don't see that changing in Round 4.
I'm tipping:
NC def IGS (I think it could go either way but will give it to home team)
TSS def GT
BBC def TGS
BSHS def ACGS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
Home advantage is paramount this year but.....

NC to beat IGS and will be close
Terrace to spoil the TSS party
BBC to beat TGS
BSHS to belt ACGS

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Where is the TGS v BBC game. If it's up the range then I'll back TGS to get their first win.

The game is at Toowong. Can't believe TGS may be looking at their fourth straight defeat. They were shaping up as a real threat this year. They will still be dangerous up on the Range.

Realist

Chris McKivat (8)
The game is at Toowong. Can't believe TGS may be looking at their fourth straight defeat. They were shaping up as a real threat this year. They will still be dangerous up on the Range.

Yes TGS are a far better team then what their results say, a few of us that have been watching them agree that there seems to be a problem with the 9, 10 and 12 combination. Individually very good players, but don't seem to be working as a combination. The 10 is grade 11 not sure of his background first year there. Don't know if he has been thrown into the deep end too soon, but talented.

Darvo

Peter Burge (5)
Yes TGS are a far better team then what their results say, a few of us that have been watching them agree that there seems to be a problem with the 9, 10 and 12 combination. Individually very good players, but don't seem to be working as a combination. The 10 is grade 11 not sure of his background first year there. Don't know if he has been thrown into the deep end too soon, but talented.

Incredibly tough draw for them but with such a close comp this year, it seems everyone has a tough draw.

chips

Stan Wickham (3)
ApparentlyNick Berry is reffing the TSS v GT match. He is an outstanding ref, however is a teacher at terrace and has coached the current lot of firsts through the u15a team the last 2 years. Not suggesting he will be biased in any way, but if i was a TSS official, id be blowing up!!!

F

from the side

Lower age games to watch this weekend.

16 A 's - TSS v GT - a GT win will push them into second place with TSS the equal leader at the moment, and place Churchie as outright leader. Assuming Churchie beat BSHS which I think will be a training run for them.
15 A's - TSS V GT - winner becomes the outright leader.
14 A's - BBC v TGS - both unbeaten this season, TGS the surprise package of the season. A TGS win will send shockwaves.
13 A's - Ipswich v Nudgee - both unbeaten the game is for the top of the leader board. Ipswich look too strong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
ApparentlyNick Berry is reffing the TSS v GT match. He is an outstanding ref, however is a teacher at terrace and has coached the current lot of firsts through the u15a team the last 2 years. Not suggesting he will be biased in any way, but if i was a TSS official, id be blowing up!!!

This was suggested in the Premier thread when Sunnybank played Souths. I don't get it. We have a Super Rugby ref who is going to ref a schoolboy game and you think there's going to be an issue. No wonder there isn't a long cue of people wanting to be referees if they are going to be liked with some perceived bias.
We should want these guys reffing at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.