• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddywagen

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sometimes when it's right in front of your nose you just don't see it.

There's three right there - Blackhurst and Cornelsen from TSS, Greene from ACGS, all in 2012.

In Greene's case I think it's prudent to note that he left Churchie after years of cruel and systematic bullying, so he wasn't your standard star footy recruit. He was one special athlete though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on Ross Oval for that Nudgee/Grammar game. Nudge had that game well and truly won at halftime. Greene controlled that game and won it for Grammar in a way I haven't seen from a schoolboy before or since. It was Thurstonesque. Wonder what happened to him?

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
I was on Ross Oval for that Nudgee/Grammar game. Nudge had that game well and truly won at halftime. Greene controlled that game and won it for Grammar in a way I haven't seen from a schoolboy before or since. It was Thurstonesque. Wonder what happened to him?

He's doing pretty well with a super rugby team if I recall, reds maybe?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
NC v TSS -

The match of the round

TSS by 7

Grammar v BSHS

High by 60

TGS v GT

Upset here.

TGS by 3

BBC v Churchie

Old Boys day at Miskin

BBC by 14

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
TGS take the game seriously. They field their full strength team against downlands every year, giving them a bit of a disadvantage having to play a 9 game season.
I realise TGS take the game very seriously. The local derby etc. I would expect that to be one of TGS biggest games of the year. Has this game been played yet?

chips

Stan Wickham (3)
Hot off the press at GT. there is a reshuffle in the backline due to injury, this has been no secret, but the big surprise is that they have convinced Connor Ballendan to play this weekend. Connor played under 13 and 14 a's at fullback. he is currently contracted to the AFL. they have allowed him to play this week. he is a monster. 6'8 and massive across the shoulders and quick. also can kick the ball a good 70 meters on the full effortlessly. also as quick as eadie!! he has been playing in the lions 2nd team, so fitness won't be an issue. tgs kicking game may need a rethink.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
This week

TSS - 12 - After watching NC v Churchie last week. NC don't seem to have that killer blow.
BSHS - 50 - Could be worse if High don't lose focus
GT - 10 - TGS at Home a touogh ask but GT have the talent to win
BBC - 15 - Churchie will toil hard and defend well but injuries and lack of spped out wide will tell.

I am the Webinator

Frank Row (1)
Hot off the press at GT. there is a reshuffle in the backline due to injury, this has been no secret, but the big surprise is that they have convinced Connor Ballendan to play this weekend. Connor played under 13 and 14 a's at fullback. he is currently contracted to the AFL. they have allowed him to play this week. he is a monster. 6'8 and massive across the shoulders and quick. also can kick the ball a good 70 meters on the full effortlessly. also as quick as eadie!! he has been playing in the lions 2nd team, so fitness won't be an issue. tgs kicking game may need a rethink.

Expecting alot of crash balls by this giant, very very good player

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
BGS v BSHS -

State High will win this game with their eyes closed. All season Grammar's defence has been putrid, conceding 49.6 per game. State High's physical forwards and electric outside backs will only make that number worse as they begin their 'finals' push in earnest. State High to win by 54.

BBC v ACGS -

Churchie's defence is not a whole lot better, conceding 30 pts per match while only scoring 13. BBC have been dealt another harsh hand on the injury front with Len Ikitau reportedly out for the season. Missing their undisputed strike player, BBC will win the game by just 11 pts

GT @ TGS -

This match will be Terrace's Semi-Final. Win this, coast past the depleted BBC in Rd 8, and they're hosting a Grand Final against Nudgee. Fresh off a 74-5 win over Brisbane Grammar, Terrace are in excellent form heading in to the must win match.

Meanwhile, Toowoomba have just lost by a point to a team Terrace thrashed 44-24. With one eye on the all-important O'Callaghan Cup next week, Toowoomba should keep this much closer up the range - Terrace to win by 13.

Game of the Round: TSS @ NC

Nudgee College's Old Boys Day has been timed pretty well - the loser will need a miracle to remain in Premiership contention, especially if that loser is Nudgee. With Southport then State High then Terrace to finish the season, Nudgee must go undefeated. In other words, deal a loss to each of the other teams tied for first place, one after the other.

For Nudgee, nothing will mean more than the chance to beat Terrace for the Premiership in Rd 9. Though outgunned and missing star centre TJ Meni to injury, Nudgee will defend Ross Oval with a 1 pt win.

Taipan

Chris McKivat (8)
BGS v BSHS -

State High will win this game with their eyes closed. All season Grammar's defence has been putrid, conceding 49.6 per game. State High's physical forwards and electric outside backs will only make that number worse as they begin their 'finals' push in earnest. State High to win by 54.

BBC v ACGS -

Churchie's defence is not a whole lot better, conceding 30 pts per match while only scoring 13. BBC have been dealt another harsh hand on the injury front with Len Ikitau reportedly out for the season. Missing their undisputed strike player, BBC will win the game by just 11 pts

GT @ TGS -

This match will be Terrace's Semi-Final. Win this, coast past the depleted BBC in Rd 8, and they're hosting a Grand Final against Nudgee. Fresh off a 74-5 win over Brisbane Grammar, Terrace are in excellent form heading in to the must win match.

Meanwhile, Toowoomba have just lost by a point to a team Terrace thrashed 44-24. With one eye on the all-important O'Callaghan Cup next week, Toowoomba should keep this much closer up the range - Terrace to win by 13.

Game of the Round: TSS @ NC

Nudgee College's Old Boys Day has been timed pretty well - the loser will need a miracle to remain in Premiership contention, especially if that loser is Nudgee. With Southport then State High then Terrace to finish the season, Nudgee must go undefeated. In other words, deal a loss to each of the other teams tied for first place, one after the other.

For Nudgee, nothing will mean more than the chance to beat Terrace for the Premiership in Rd 9. Though outgunned and missing star centre TJ Meni to injury, Nudgee will defend Ross Oval with a 1 pt win.
1e450e88711c035768c17c213ac9a14c.jpg

6f404d869b458316a0bf428ed2f610a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
LATE MAIL:

BGS V BSHS
Burgers are selling well at Northgate. State High mums have trained well during the week.
State High 40

NC V TSS
Late outbreak of salmonella at the canteen. Tighter than a Nuns.
TSS by 4

BBC V ACGS
Old Boys everywhere stay clear of Toowong.
It's Hell.
BBC by 12

GT V TGS
People movers blocking the road up the range. Sleeveless parka brigade to get their asses handed to them.
Farmers by 2

Status
Not open for further replies.