• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Schools get the money King

Look at NCAA type College Sports where the "student athlete'" amateur status is strictly enforced

Meanwhile the Colleges /Associations kill it on Broadcast and Merchandise

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
State High Vs Southport
It will be a carnival-like atmosphere out in the cow paddocks on Saturday, as they entertain the dream of hoisting the GPS premiership aloft. In fact this week they will actually put goal post pads on and the sausage rolls will be available in hot and cold. All this fanfare may well put Southport and their merry band of freshly bronzed, coastie supporters off. I for one would love to see a High victory here. Lets hope the prize money from the premiership will let them build a club house and one of those things that paints the lines on the field!
BSHS by 6

Terrace Vs Nudgee
I probably should go out and watch the game above, but the thought of 2 sets of catho's beating the shit out of each for what will ultimately be a share of the minor placings is too good to pass up! It will also be a very good game of rugby I suspect. 2 smoking backlines and some very quick committed loose forwards. Not to mention the two most arrogant supporter sets in the comp sledging each other in between long sips from their hip flasks. I can't wait to get there and start reading the old boy names on the seats in the grandstand. So excited.
Nudgee by 1

Ipswich Grammar Vs BBC
Apparently Ippy have mowed the field this week which is nice of them. And whilst appreciative of that the BBC lads will be stinging after the defeat by their arch-nemesis last week at Miskin. (We may well see the Olympic Games in Brisbane before another rugby premiership at BBC). By the way the Ippy groundsman found two Grammar backs as they were mowing the field yesterday and put them on a bus to Toowoomba. Ippy will actually field the Under 14C team for this game as the whole First XV have now left the school after last weeks loss to Grammar. That should be enough for BBC to get a head on the scoreboard.
BBC by 18

Toowoomba Vs Brisbane Grammar
The blue light blue will head up the range tomorrow cockier than Steve Hanson at half time in a Bledisloe. In fact their carry on pre-game will be hard to take as they continue to bask in the the gargantuan feat of handing at least half the wooden spoon to Chruchie after last weeks win. But good on them - it bought a tear to my eye when I heard they had actually won a game on 7 news last Saturday night. The T-ba lads will be banged up worse than Deryn Hinch's second liver after last weeks match and the BGS lads may just smell a win here. Alas the quality of TGS and their bacon egg burgers will get them home.
TGS by 12

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Sid !

Given the heavy burden of Wallaby production line ( see discussion over the last few pages ) the yearning for more simple times of yesteryear by the old folk has long passed

Nice graph King but have you got the machine that goes BING !

I wouldn't call what u said about the 70's footy being "more simple times of yesteryear ". Garry that's exactly the way the ab's play the game today old boy! And that's exactly how Australia won as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
I wouldn't call what u said about the 70's footy being "more simple times of yesteryear ". Garry that's exactly the way the ab's play the game today old boy! And that's exactly how Australia won as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, that's not how the ABs play the game, not by a long shot.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Perfect selection, very tight on some positions but pretty fair. Hadn't heard much on Hosea but hes got another season for BBC. Thought Malaga might've warmed the bench.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Perfect selection, very tight on some positions but pretty fair. Hadn't heard much on Hosea but hes got another season for BBC. Thought Malala might've warmed the bench.

He'd make my Team of the Season shadow squad for sure.

The shadow backline would definitely have more high impact ball-carriers.

9. Sam Kirk
10. Augustus Rangihuna
11. Willie Malala (his front line defending is too valuable to waste him at Fullback)
12. Quinton Mahina
13. Semisi Tupou
14. Ashton Watson
15. Callum Hicks

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_019.jpg

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Just tuned in to the NRL U20s match.

Kalyn Ponga and Jaydn Su'a named to U20s team of the season.

Ponga forced an error from kick-off, recorded a try assist and then nailed a sideline conversion. They're four minutes in.

Hiale Slade-Roycroft is also starting for the Cowboys. Shame we didn't get a chance to see him play for GT in 2014.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Wet weather will definitely influence the outcome of matches tomorrow.
Who will best adapt to the conditions and win?
Good luck to all schools in the penultimate round.
I will be at BSHS v TSS match, Carina.

High cut boots

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wet weather will definitely influence the outcome of matches tomorrow.
Who will best adapt to the conditions and win?
Good luck to all schools in the penultimate round.
I will be at BSHS v TSS match, Carina.

BSHS seen working on the 15 man pick and drive down the middle of grey street This morning.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Just tuned in to the NRL U20s match.

Kalyn Ponga and Jaydn Su'a named to U20s team of the season.

Ponga forced an error from kick-off, recorded a try assist and then nailed a sideline conversion. They're four minutes in.

Hiale Slade-Roycroft is also starting for the Cowboys. Shame we didn't get a chance to see him play for GT in 2014.

St George won in golden point. :(

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)

TSS will lead this game early. The BSHS boys will fight back off the backs of their excellent back row but be thwarted by TSS defence and squally showers. I am picking TSS by 5-8 points.

At Tennyson, NC will run riot in the first half but GT will wake up and close out a joint premiership after 2 late yellow cards to Nudgee wingers for loitering without intent. Umbrellas aplenty with an eye on the river.

Ippy will try hard but fold under the pressure of a BBC team playing unconstrained rugby for the first time this year. BBC by plenty. 2017 pre-season talking up of their chances to begin immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.