• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Lost their Coach and their No 8 ( not the same person :) )

Added a Prop that I know for sure

Maybe one or two T and F / outside back types but I would only be guessing on that one

They just seem to have had some really good internal growth

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Lost their Coach and their No 8 ( not the same person :) )

Added a Prop that I know for sure

Maybe one or two T and F / outside back types but I would only be guessing on that one

They just seem to have had some really good internal growth

One last question who do they trial against this weekend?

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Gee there are some helicopter-U15 dads on here.
Back to the firsts. Grammar may not be as poo as we first thought - good to see. Love a Grammar not just strong around a chess board! TSS look scary but could be vulnerable. Nudgee are looking as strong as ever (That's a shame), GT might not have the size to match the size of the Sunnybank Express Bus they have hired this season and BBC might have some more muscle than we first thought, but look skinny in the backs. Looking forward to hearing more on the trial form from the astute judges on this esteemed forum

Jimothy Tulakila

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Levi White 2. Ethan Dobbins 3. Malvin Mavaega (u16) 4. Ryan Gassman 5. Harry Wilson 6. Jacob Stocker 7. San Hearne 8. Will Roach (u16) 9. Will Kirk (u16) 10. Was Jimmy Hartland now injured 11. Jj 12. Hoani Ford-Stevens 13. Dan Condon 14. Tyrone Metusela-Suapaia 15. Byron Ralston

I dont know who's the starting 10 for GT can anyone confirm this team?

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Gee there are some helicopter-U15 dads on here.
Back to the firsts. Grammar may not be as poo as we first thought - good to see. Love a Grammar not just strong around a chess board! TSS look scary but could be vulnerable. Nudgee are looking as strong as ever (That's a shame), GT might not have the size to match the size of the Sunnybank Express Bus they have hired this season and BBC might have some more muscle than we first thought, but look skinny in the backs. Looking forward to hearing more on the trial form from the astute judges on this esteemed forum

Good to hear from you WW
As usual-everything you say makes sense.
But I cannot see how TSS is vulnerable- essentially have a about 25 1st xv standard players.
Watched the Terrace (aka)Sunnybank 14 A team play on Sunday at Sunnybank.
Wow- very good.
Imagine if GT had a boarding house.! Do they have a link with the Fiji International school now ?

GPS rugby 101

Frank Row (1)
1. Levi White 2. Ethan Dobbins 3. Malvin Mavaega (u16) 4. Ryan Gassman 5. Harry Wilson 6. Jacob Stocker 7. San Hearne 8. Will Roach (u16) 9. Will Kirk (u16) 10. Was Jimmy Hartland now injured 11. Jj 12. Hoani Ford-Stevens 13. Dan Condon 14. Tyrone Metusela-Suapaia 15. Byron Ralston

I dont know who's the starting 10 for GT can anyone confirm this team?

I can confirm that year 11 Aiden Latter will fill in for Hartland at 10 for GT in the second round GPS trials this weekend in Ipswich

GPS rugby 101

Frank Row (1)
My prediction for this years 1st XV table
1. TSS
2. NC
3. GT
4. BBC
5. BGS
6. ACGS
7. BSHS
8. TGS
9. IGS
Going off last weeks trial I caught a glimpse of the NC/BGS/IGS games and it was a rather tough day at the office for BGS starting against the powerhouse Nudgee 1sts. Nudgee forward pack, although missing a few, managed to dominate both BGS and IGS gaining metres in most runs. However lacking a bit of go forward ball in the backs, Southport will use their experienced backline against the likes of a missing Naawi and smaller outfitted Nudgee backline. Still early days but Ipswich will have a long season for sure. BGS pushing for the upper half of the table.
GT and BBC having both mobile forward packs, will be sure to have plenty of ball however the young backline from BBC might struggle going up against the likes of the bigger opposition. Churchie as well as state high arent looking to bad however injuries will cost them games with a few of their star players missing throughout the season. As for TGS and IGS, not much is expected from the two teams as they both look to be outplayed by some. IGS looking at a repeat of their 2015 season.

Jimothy Tulakila

Bob McCowan (2)
1. TSS
2. NC
3. GT
4. BBC
5. BGS
6. ACGS
7. BSHS
8. TGS
9. IGS
Going off last weeks trial I caught a glimpse of the NC/BGS/IGS games and it was a rather tough day at the office for BGS starting against the powerhouse Nudgee 1sts. Nudgee forward pack, although missing a few, managed to dominate both BGS and IGS gaining metres in most runs. However lacking a bit of go forward ball in the backs, Southport will use their experienced backline against the likes of a missing Naawi and smaller outfitted Nudgee backline. Still early days but Ipswich will have a long season for sure. BGS pushing for the upper half of the table.
GT and BBC having both mobile forward packs, will be sure to have plenty of ball however the young backline from BBC might struggle going up against the likes of the bigger opposition. Churchie as well as state high arent looking to bad however injuries will cost them games with a few of their star players missing throughout the season. As for TGS and IGS, not much is expected from the two teams as they both look to be outplayed by some. IGS looking at a repeat of their 2015 season.

I agree IGS don't look great this year, I believe it's TSS's comp to lose

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
1. TSS
2. NC
3. GT
4. BBC
5. BGS
6. ACGS
7. BSHS
8. TGS
9. IGS

Perfect! This is how I would call it also.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
1. TSS
2. NC
3. GT
4. BBC
5. BGS
6. ACGS
7. BSHS
8. TGS
9. IGS

I find myself agreeing with you- but after watching the Utube of last week I would describe the BBC pack as "big and mobile".Probably 2nd biggest after TSS >they will have the tallest player in the comp. With Xavier T they will have a 6 bigger than most locks.If they keep that pack on the field and play 10 man rugby -I might be worried.I see we pay them at BBC round 4.
Any injuries ,however, and they are gone.And their track record on that front is woeful.Last year as soon as Ikatu/Hosea/Farrell/Simpson were injured against BSHS they did not win another match.

Bobby Boucher

Frank Row (1)
I watched the IGS V NC game and IGS controlled the majority of the game keeping NC inside their own 22. If IGS executed a little bit better they would have come out on top.

I watch the game between BBC and BSHS and BBC dominated with big carries and very good structure. I would not be surprised to see BBC in the top 3.

I would like to see TSS play. Anyone know when the next trial is on for them? Don’t they play this weekend?

Jimothy Tulakila

Bob McCowan (2)
I watched the IGS V NC game and IGS controlled the majority of the game keeping NC inside their own 22. If IGS executed a little bit better they would have come out on top.

I watch the game between BBC and BSHS and BBC dominated with big carries and very good structure. I would not be surprised to see BBC in the top 3.

I would like to see TSS play. Anyone know when the next trial is on for them? Don’t they play this weekend?

IGS had glimpses of brilliance but are too unfit to be a threat

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
I find myself agreeing with you- but after watching the Utube of last week I would describe the BBC pack as "big and mobile".Probably 2nd biggest after TSS >they will have the tallest player in the comp. With Xavier T they will have a 6 bigger than most locks.If they keep that pack on the field and play 10 man rugby -I might be worried.I see we pay them at BBC round 4.
Any injuries ,however, and they are gone.And their track record on that front is woeful.Last year as soon as Ikatu/Hosea/Farrell/Simpson were injured against BSHS they did not win another match.

2 or 3 of the BBC big guns not playing tonight
.Anyone know why?

Greg Adams

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'm heading out to Wests tonight so will give an update on scores if possible.

I see that Gungenia has mentioned that 2 or 3 are out for BBC, anyone know how BSHS will line up?

Looks like BGS will have 1 or 2 players out tonight that should be starting come GPS Rd 1

Any idea when the GPS teams will be announced? Considering they will play at the end of the month I assume it will have to be next week so that they can have a few training session????

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)

Well gee wiz any team that loses 3 x Australian Schoolboys and a guy like TH , all 4 representing the core of your team , is going to have trouble. Anyone can talk about depth as much as you want but you just don't trot out this type of comparative replacement

But you are correct in that BBC has seemed to attract unique levels of bad luck over the last 5 years re : key player injuries . Across different regimes too which is worthy to point out before everyone starts piling on about management fault

I also reckon the call on 10 man is a smart call . The capacity for it is there . Field position with a rumbling forward pack will make things interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.