• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
1. Siggs
2. Van Der Nek/Dobbins?
3. Not sure
4. TSS Second Rower number 4? (sorry about the lack of names)
5. Wilson
6. Not Sure
7. Howard? (Hotly contested position)
8. Gerrard possibly
9. Plenty of quality 9's running around
10. Parata
11. Ipswich 11?
12. Churchie 12?
13. Stanghorn
14. Bennett
15. Dowd/Petatia (Poor spelling)

This is quite rough but getting the ball rolling

Good start. Looking like performances based and not reputation.

Van Nek has been playing no.3 (and throwing into line out). While a worthy nomination, I thought BBC front row got owned by TSS last week, which makes it difficult for Van Nek to qualify for this.

The two second rows for TSS are Tom Taylor and Tom Van Der Schyff. I am a fan of the latter.

Thought Hosea is performing above Wilson from what I have seen so far.

Parata is giving every team a master class.

The young GT winger has been very exciting.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I would think Van Nek and Hosea are automatic

Siggs , Gerard , Loleiso and Parata from TSS

Hunt , Bullemore and Bennett from Nudgee

Wilson from Terrace

Tuimavave and Hamiso from BGS

Lea from Ipswich

Petralia from BSHS

In terms of the 7 spot .....for now I have 3 x contenders - IGS's Wallace , GT's Howard and the TSS kid ( name escapes ) is the business

The rugby dad

Bob McCowan (2)
Team of the season (so far)
1. Egan Siggs (TSS)
2. Eugene Koorts (IGS)
3. Rhys Van Nek (BBC)
4. Tom Van Der Schyff (TSS)
5. Trevor Hosea (BBC)
6. Joseph Faulalo (IGS)
7. Tom Kibble (BBC)
8. Reno Gerrard (TSS)
9. Phoenix Hunt (Nudgee)
10. Campbell Parata (TSS)
11. Viliami Lea (IGS)
12. Drekwon Siosi Brown (Churchie)
13. Jordan Petaia (State High)
14. Jangala Bennett (Nudgee)
15. Hamiso Tabuia (BGS)

Eyescream

Bob McCowan (2)
Definitely Zane Prop from TSS only 16 but in every game he's been exceptional I'm sure he's 15? If not he's just turned 16, Gerrard is 16 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pabl0 Chac0n

Bob McCowan (2)
I must also add in Tuimavave from Brisbane Grammar my understanding he is still 16 as well, I am very familiar with the ex Gold Coast Rugby League Boys,
Herbert & Turei from Downlands
Asi, Tuimavave & Waight from BGS
Dowd, Lolesio, Gerrard, Kapi, Kopua from TSS
And the countless other boys from Brisbane who have pursued Rugby Union
In my understanding it usually takes most Rugby League Boys 2-3 years to fully grasp the position roles for Rugby Union, I myself a league am excited to regularly see these names appear on this site.
Well done boys!
And to all the other boys that I may have missed I apologise and I sincerely hope the best for your future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will Smith

Peter Burge (5)
1. Egan Siggs (TSS)
2. Eugene Koorts (IGS)
3. Rhys Van Nek (BBC)
5. Trevor Hosea (BBC)
6. Joseph Faulalo (IGS)
7. Tom Kibble (BBC)
8. Reno Gerrard (TSS)
9. Phoenix Hunt (Nudgee)
11. Tyrone (GT)
12. Noah Lolesio (TSS)
15. Hamiso Tabuia (BGS)

I haven't seen IGS 11 play, is he good? I've seen more of Tyrone, very strong and can play centers.

The rugby dad

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Egan Siggs (TSS)
2. Eugene Koorts (IGS)
3. Rhys Van Nek (BBC)
5. Trevor Hosea (BBC)
6. Joseph Faulalo (IGS)
7. Tom Kibble (BBC)
8. Reno Gerrard (TSS)
9. Phoenix Hunt (Nudgee)
11. Tyrone (GT)
12. Noah Lolesio (TSS)
15. Hamiso Tabuia (BGS)

I haven't seen IGS 11 play, is he good? I've seen more of Tyrone, very strong and can play centers.
I've seen IGS 11 play a few times, big powerful boy with great speed for his size, have only seen one terrace game this year and Tyrone did impress but just haven't seen enough of him yet to put him in my team of the year, both are good players

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
IGS #11 is Villiami Lea.
BTW, IGS Joseph Faulalo played out of position at #8
instead of #6.
NC # 6 Ethan Bullemor had an oustanding game last Saturday,
scoring two tries and tackling all day.
He was my best on ground.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
I would think Van Nek and Hosea are automatic

Siggs , Gerard , Loleiso and Parata from TSS

Hunt , Bullemore and Bennett from Nudgee

Wilson from Terrace

Tuimavave and Hamiso from BGS

Lea from Ipswich

Petralia from BSHS

In terms of the 7 spot ...for now I have 3 x contenders - IGS's Wallace , GT's Howard and the TSS kid ( name escapes ) is the business
The TSS 7 is Lachlan Vine per the programs.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
From what I have seen -Parata & Lolesio and then Bullemore are the most consistant players in the comp.
I do not agree that Koorts or Kibble are in the top 15.They left their form at the Nationals.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Lachlan Vine is a great player, and so are Wallace (IGS) and Howard (GT) They are all different types of players to me, and I believe the boy from IGS is one of the best in the comp.
I'd narrow the 7's down to Vine and Wallace then

Howard is a great carrier but I don't need a carrying 7 if Reno Gerrard is my 8 and Hosea and Wilson are my locks

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Parata's kicking game is damm good but I haven't seen any team really challenge him yet. No team has sent a boat load of traffic at him in defence, put kick pressure on him or even really chase him up on the inside. Opposition wingers need to be a lot more proactive with their positioning because if you give him a 10 metre channel he will most likely put the ball there.

Despite this, he is a schoolboy and does make errors (for example his kick out on the full v Terrace). If you wanna take down TSS, he is the target

troysnowden

Bob McCowan (2)
Despite the back row in GPS rugby having a wealth of talent, I think you'd be hard to miss out Alex Schmidt (BSHS) who has converted from fullback so I've heard and has made the blindside position his own, with outstanding work rate and consistency. He has to be in there somewhere for me, maybe at 7 with Bullemor staying at 6.
Lolesio I think has to be considered at 12 too cause he gets Parata out of trouble a lot when he is under pressure with a strong carry and gets over the advantage line and sometimes puts in a sneaky offload (but knows when not to).
However, I'd have to put another centre in there somewhere from Nudgee who again has made a foreign position look natural to him: Joe Small. He not only gets over the advantage line almost always and has a high work rate (as you'd expect from a back rower) but has learned to draw men and put his teammates through gaps, allowing the likes of Bullemor, Bennett and more to make inroads into the defence.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Great to see some news on some of the other age groups /

Thanks RG - and yeah that will be a game to watch out for the week after next

Status
Not open for further replies.